“Good Hotel - Nothing Extra for Hilton Honors” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9000 Interstate 40 West, Amarillo, TX 79124   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Surprise, Arizona
“Good Hotel - Nothing Extra for Hilton Honors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Very nice hotel especially the public areas (lobby, dining room). It was very clean and the staff was friendly enough. We had an exceptionally good meal (better than many HGI's) and the Happy Hour was good - Lindsay was an outstanding server. The room was clean but had that odor from spray many of the hotels have these days. I mentioned it to the front desk and was told it was Fabreze which most people like??? I was very disappointed in the particular king room we were assigned and attribute it to the fact that we used hilton honors points for the stay. The room was small with shower only. The bathroom configuration was odd in that the bathroom door was in the way of the shower which seemed dangerous to us.

Room Tip: Stay in a double room rather than a small king
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'm Military and I travelled through Amarillo, TX, enroute to my next duty station. I was assigned an ADA room that didn't have a tub. I was looking forward to a bath after the long trip. Reference the cleanliness - the bathroom was filthy and it was obvious cleaning was not priority. You can visually tell where the a filthy mop is used to partially clean the portion of the bathroom floors that are convenient (and quick) for housekeeping to get in and out. I hauled all my Military belongings to the room from my parking spot and it was almost midnight, so, I didn't have the time or energy to make a complaint then change rooms in order to have a CLEAN bathroom and a tub since I'm NOT HANDICAP. Advise you to check the room before hauling your belongings into a Hilton Garden Inn. On my way out, I had to ask for the regular coffee dispenser to get refilled and I had grinds in my coffee. The staff isn't incompetent; the staffing and supervising of staff is poor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I had not traveled through Amarillo for a while. This is a pretty modern hotel. It has a nice indoor pool, decent work out equipment and a small bar for drinks and food. It's located close to several restaurants. Parking is a little limited. Our room was clean and quiet. Our room didn't have a blow dryer but the front desk sent one up. We didn't stay for breakfast. Overall a good stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hilton hotels are my favorite, always a comfortable bed, good breakfast, and friendly staff. Most comfortable rooms around. This location is no exception. Right on the freeway and close to restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Asheboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My mom, sister and I stayed here as an overnight stop on our cross-country road trip in June 2014. We stayed two nights and the first night was a nice experience (except for the uncomfortable bed and cold or very hot shower). My sister and I woke up after the first night and went down and had a very nice breakfast. We ate and got some coffee to go and went back up to the room to prepare for our day in Amarillo. Everything went downhill from there. Upon arriving back at the hotel room we saw a tiny sign informing us that our beds were adjustable (and we were hopeful because the beds were hard and uncomfortable). Unfortunately the beds did not get more comfortable, it seemed worse. I guess we had just slept alright the first night because we were exhausted from having spent 12 hours in the car. When we woke up on the second morning we went downstairs for breakfast and our mother joined us. After we got our plates we were informed that it was $9.95 per person. My sister and I were shocked, because we had been uninformed of that the previous day, and were never given a bill or any inclination that there would be a fee. There was a sign in the elevator that said "made to order" breakfast was $9.95, but we assumed that meant for freshly cooked items. The man that had been cleaning the tables (with the big hickey on his neck) told us how he was upset with how many people ran out on their bills. I told him that was probably because it was not clear that breakfast was a charged price-there is no roped off area or separation to lead you to believe there would be a charge, nor sign upon approaching to give you those details. Instead, there is a sign on the wall where we did not look because we were looking at the food options. Never would I voluntarily pay $9.95 for a half-scoop of bland potatoes and some thin slices of melon. To top things off, we were charged $30 more per night than we were quoted. I would have rather stayed at the Country Inn and Suites up the road.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TJ S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this location going to my destination. The toilet in our room would not stop running! It was "fixed" but ran all night. We were on our way back home and stayed again thinking we couldn't have any other problems, right? Well we went to our room to find the toilet clogged! Took an hour for maintenance to "not fix" the problem. We called the front desk to be told no others rooms were available and you need to call Homewood Suites ourselves. We were checking at the front desk.....one staff person on the phone with a guest and another filling the fridge.....important stuff! We ended up waiting 10 minutes with no apology. When I mentioned no apology or anything the front desk staff replied with "ma'am you didn't let me finish". Really? Shouldn't that have been first after wasting an hour of my life!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We want our guests to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us and appreciate your feedback about the A/C noise disruptions. We're working with our facilities team to make the necessary repairs and apologize for any discomfort you had. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance to serve you.

Kind regards,
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

A good visit a bit pricey compared to other locations. Comfortable, Well equipped exercise and pool. Limited bar and restaurant. Helpful staff. Lovelly lobby area. Coffee availaable all the time. Rooms are nice but pretty standard. Bath products were very good quality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

We here at the Hilton Garden Inn® Amarillo, intend to exceed all your expectations.

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family of hotels, specially the Hilton Garden Inn® brand. We intend on making sure that our guests get the most comfortable & pleasurable experience during their stay.

If there is any concern or for that matter anything that comes to your attention, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely
T.J. Sarkaria

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo? Share your experiences!