“Breakfest was not good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Lamar, Colorado
“Breakfest was not good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Eggs were cold ,No decafe coffee,no coffee pots were even marked for decafe,the girl at the front desk was very nice,very helpfull did a great job. The tub didn't drain good the first night at all, the tv channels were very snowey.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo South, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
First, let me thank you for your response, it is only through feedback that we are able to improve. I am the owner of the new management company contracted to run this hotel, you may be happy to hear that we have totally revamped our breakfast, this was a definite issue and we are making it our top priority. We have just completed the Holiday Inn Express "Express Start" breakfast certification and are confident we can meet your future needs. We do regret that we were unable to succeed for you on this trip, but please don't let it stop you from returning, contact me on your next trip and I will extend a complimentary nights stay so we can prove how seriously we take your concerns! Sincerely, James Bennett, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pueblo, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

If you're passing through Amarillo, stay somewhere else. This is the worst experience I've ever had at a Holiday Inn Express.

I stayed here for one night while I was traveling between Oklahoma and Colorado. I booked the room for $89 online, but when I got my bill, they charged me $119. I showed the guy at the front dest my confirmation email, but he refused to credit me for the $30 difference.

The rooms were clean and spacious, but that's the only plus about the hotel. The shower faucet was difficult to use, and I had to call the front desk to find out how to operate it. My room was also located near the elevator and the door wasn't sound-proof, so I heard a lot of noise while I was trying to fall asleep. They also put me in a spot where when I looked out my window, all I could see was the back of the entrance corridor.

The hotel has easy access to I-27, but there isn't a lot of other commercial development in the area other than a couple of other hotels and a pair of gas stations. You'll have to drive 10-15 minutes to find a place to eat.

I've come to expect good things from the Holiday Inn Express chain, but this hotel was a big disappointment.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo South, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
I am so sorry I did not reposnd sooner, some how I thought I had! In any event, I am glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel but that we failed you on the rate issue. I will say to PLEASE CALL ME, 806-352-1900, and I can fix this for you! Unfortunately we cannot identify your file from the information here or I already would have done so. It is never our intent for you to have a less than fantastic stay, please let us fix this!

James Bennett, CHA
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed here for business, and was happy that it was south of the I40 corridor. The room was spacious and well equipped, but there were some problems. Amarillo is a windy place, The screen on my 3rd story room rattled all night. The energy saver lights made for a dim experience, which the older I get, bothers me more and more. The pool was also closed. The fan in the bathroom was set into a poorly cut opening. It just seemed unfinished and rough. The first floor door at the end of the hall was broken and unsecured during the three days of my stay. Parking was difficult also.

The property has potential, but they need to get better lighting and pay more attention to deatials.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Booked a room for one night. Check in easy. Room was clean, but when we walked in we noticed the loud wind around the window even we were on the side away from the wind. We tried and tried to get it to be quiet, but could not and there were no blinds to prevent the breeze from coming in. Street noise was VERY loud even though we were on the 3rd floor. Breakfast ok. If I had a choice, I would stay somewhere else as the room was not worth what we paid for it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel one night to attend our daughter's graduation in Canyon, a neighboring town. The 2 motels in Canyon had doubled their rates for graduation weekend so we had looked further afield.This hotel is fairly new. The mattresses and pillows were wonderful. Great water pressure in shower. My only complaint concerning the rooms refers to the lighting in the bathroom - it was frankly lousy for doing make-up.The front desk folks were warm and freindly. The free breakfast was substantial though unimaginitve. For our purposes, the location was perfect since we were only about 10 minutes from our daughter's house in Canyon. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

On check-in, we were upgraded to a suite. Nice, with plenty of granite in the bath. Had a small kitchen area with frig and microwave. Room had a sitting area with sofa and small table. Large plasma TV. Modern decor.

The hotel is very new. Nothing to complain about. Bed and linen were super. wifi was top bar. Would stay here again in a heart beat. 7 minutes from I=40 but worth it. Setting the standard for HIE.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo South? Share your experiences!