“Only if you have no other choice!” 2 of 5 stars

Canyon View Hotel & Suites
8601 Canyon Drive, Amarillo, TX 79118 (Formerly Days Inn Amarillo)   |
Ranked #57 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Dayton, Ohio
“Only if you have no other choice!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Outside and web page look good. Had double beds very old. Went to look in drawer for TV listing found a roach instead... Gross so guess who didn't sleep. It was last resort my daughter was getting car sick and weather was bad hotels all around area were full. Use as last resort. Used to be an old days inn

• Stayed December 2013

Liberal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stay at Canyon View on 8-9-2013 rooms smelled of dog I got over charged the manager was so rude an didnt want to refund my money back they took money from my credit card on the 8-9-2013 an we checked out on the 8-11-2013 and they charged my credit card for a second time on the 8-12-2013.. So I called on the 8-16-2013 cause thats when I seen it was taking out and still no refund manager began to say I was uneducated because I wanted my money back but according to her nothing happens over night!! She would not let me speak to a GM it was just so disgusting how ppl can BE. I also faxed my bank statement to show her i was over charged but she began to say shes wasnt gonna refund me just because a sheet of paper says mind you it was from my bank... I do not recommand anyone to stay there the ppl are disgusting and so is the hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a cut above the average for a low priced motel and actually a good alternative to staying in the higher priced places in the Canyon area if you're headed that way. A decent bed, quiet and a very helpful guy at night check-in. Located Just off I-27 behind a truck stop/gas station. Places to eat are in close proximatey-including a Whataburger just down the street. It's also in a better area than most in Amarillo.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I must first say that this hotel has a very clean apperance on the outside...for 10pm (very sleepy). The employ at the front desk was very kind and fast in get us checked in for the nite. Once in the room we had not expected much in the way of a luxury suite. The room was a smoking room but that in it's self does not mean the room should have any less of attention then any other room. Once we pulled the sheets back I noticed massive stains and wear in the sheets that were on the bed (redish).

Again if you are looking for a quick stop for the night and there are no other rooms open then this would be a great place to stop.

Sorry Days Inn Amarillo You just didn't cut it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
chelmsford. uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Here one night on Route 66 tour. Arrived in bright sun,so the pool was welcome. Rooms clean,typical hotel chain. Breakfast ok, biscuits & gravy,which we are starting to like.Free computer, which is always a bonus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great location right by the highway. We stayed in the "Texas Suite" and it was very large and relaxing. In room Jacuzzi was a bit small (only built for 1) but the rooms were large and flowing. Great Texas decor. Front desk was very helpful and cheery. Great value if you are passing thru town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

This place was a dump. I've stayed at several Days Inns in the past, and I've always enjoyed it, so I felt confident when I checked in here. The rate was $59 + tax, it was in a reasonable enough location, I was simply driving through on the I-40 on my way east, and needed a place to sleep.

The room was old and dingy. Now, it was clean - as clean as the poor staff could get such a thing. You can only do so much with what you're given. The wallpaper was bubbling and peeling in multiple locations, the carpet felt SLIMY when I took my shoes off. The whole room had a stale smell to it. The bed cover immediately came off the bed and there was a cigarette burn on the blanket (it was a non-smoking room).

It was just an old, shabby, run-down place. I should have stayed at the Days Inn near the hospital area.

The breakfast consisted of some icky looking danish and a couple cereal choices. I had to wait for a pot of coffee to be brewed.

Of all the hotels I stayed at in my trip from California to Arkansas, this was the nastiest.

There are a lot of hotels in Amarillo, just find yourself another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Canyon View Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!