“Convenient Hotel With Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Amarillo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Canyon Drive, Amarillo, TX 79110   |
Ranked #52 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
New York City, New York
“Convenient Hotel With Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great location right by the highway. We stayed in the "Texas Suite" and it was very large and relaxing. In room Jacuzzi was a bit small (only built for 1) but the rooms were large and flowing. Great Texas decor. Front desk was very helpful and cheery. Great value if you are passing thru town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

This place was a dump. I've stayed at several Days Inns in the past, and I've always enjoyed it, so I felt confident when I checked in here. The rate was $59 + tax, it was in a reasonable enough location, I was simply driving through on the I-40 on my way east, and needed a place to sleep.

The room was old and dingy. Now, it was clean - as clean as the poor staff could get such a thing. You can only do so much with what you're given. The wallpaper was bubbling and peeling in multiple locations, the carpet felt SLIMY when I took my shoes off. The whole room had a stale smell to it. The bed cover immediately came off the bed and there was a cigarette burn on the blanket (it was a non-smoking room).

It was just an old, shabby, run-down place. I should have stayed at the Days Inn near the hospital area.

The breakfast consisted of some icky looking danish and a couple cereal choices. I had to wait for a pot of coffee to be brewed.

Of all the hotels I stayed at in my trip from California to Arkansas, this was the nastiest.

There are a lot of hotels in Amarillo, just find yourself another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

I'm retired and have asthma so I need a clean room. We found one here. Front desk was friendly. Our room was comfortable.

Lots of eating places here. We ate at the Village Inn. We were tired and it was walking distance.

Target across the street.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

My family and I recently stayed at this Days Inn, arriving late in the evening, and have sworn to NEVER AGAIN stay at any Days Inn ever. The first room they gave us had a terrible smell, so we requested a new room. The new room only smelled of mildew, and the toilet paper roller was broken as well, but we were so tired we kept it. The pool was green and the spa was drained, which was disappointing to the kids. For $80, we expected a lot more!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Wisconsinites
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

Checked in late while traveling through Texas. When we woke the next morning, noticed no working smoke detectors in room. In fact when we checked out, the person at the check out desk there were a few rooms that did not have them and should not have been rented out. Have left a few messages for the owner/manager to call me because of our safety concern, no phone call(s) as of yet. Am calling the Texas Fire Marshalls office and the City of Amarillos' Code Enforcement division as well as writing a letter to Mayor McCartt, and all media to let them know of this safety hazard and the unprofessional citizens of their city. We are still waiting for some kind of resolution; have just filed a dispute with our credit card company. They will go to bat for us! Do not stay at this motel - it is very unsafe and they are very unprofessional!!!

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family