“Passing Through” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel - Amarillo

Super 8 Motel - Amarillo
You added Super 8 Motel - Amarillo to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel - Amarillo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8701 I-40 East, I-40 E. & Lakeside Drive Exit 75, Amarillo, TX 79118   |
Ranked #43 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Tyler, Texas
“Passing Through”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I agree with most of the other reviewers.
The room was clean and comfortable.
The checkin area was small and dingie.
We were on the lower floor (half under ground) with a third world country feel.
The location was convienient to our travel and close to eating places.
My only real complain was the shower head was covered with calcium deposits.
We probalbly would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel room was pretty clean, but did leave something to be desired. My overall impression of this hotel is dark and dirty, but that is mostly because of the location--lots of trucks and not lit up outside well at night. The hallway was dark, too. Would probably not stay here again unless all other places were full. Staff was friendly and there was no problem overall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Quitman, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here on our way through. The hotel location was convenient and the room was clean. We were in a non smoking room, but the hallway smelled like smoke from other smoking rooms on the same floor. The room as pretty small and with two double beds, not much room. It had an old tube type television. The door to the bathroom was delaminating. The bottom line is we would stay there again due to the price and location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Waxahachie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Located near a travel center, behind a Waffle House, eastern side of town at the bypass loop. Large vehicle parking. Rooms/showers/breakfast are all average.

• Stayed July 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My friend and I were on a cross-country road trip in July 2012 from Michigan to California and back. We stayed at this Super 8 on the east side of Amarillo on the second night of our long journey home. The reviews on TripAdvisor seemed to be fairly positive overall, and the room was reasonably priced so I figured it was worth a shot. In general, we were pretty satisfied.

We arrived at around 8:00 on a Saturday evening. When I checked in, the woman behind the desk seemed like she was very tired. She was nice enough, but I wasn't too thrilled to see her finishing up what appeared to be a personal call on her cell phone. It took a couple minutes or so for her to wrap up her call and take care of me. Not a huge deal, but it was just a disappointing way for me to be greeted.

Our room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel is in a good location directly off I-40 on the east side of town. (It's very close to the Big Texan Restaurant, which I strongly recommend, by the way.) The TV and remote control worked very well, and there was a good variety of cable channels to choose from - news channels, music channels, and everything in between. The only major downside is that I didn't sleep terribly well. The fan/AC unit was close to my bed, and it was loud but necessary to keep the room cool. The fan (even on the low setting) was still a bit too strong and was blowing a little too hard on me during the night.

Breakfast in the morning was good. The breakfast area was fine but just a little too cramped with all the tables/chairs in a tight space. They had cereal, make-your-own Belgian waffles, juice, etc. It was an acceptable breakfast, and one thing we loved was that the waffles are in the shape of the state of Texas! We got such a kick out of that.

Overall, we really didn't had much negative to say about this Super 8 other than my less-than-ideal check-in experience. There's no swimming pool or anything, but if you need a basic place to crash, this Super 8 will fit the bill. I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here several times,overall not a bad place to stay.Its an older hotel in need of renovation but my rooms have always been clean.They do have convenient large truck parking

• Stayed July 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had reserved a non-smoking room in advance. Room given to us was smoking. We called the front desk and asked to be moved. Front desk clerk hung up on my husband. We walked down to the front desk to speak to clerk in person. She informed us that a non-smoking room would be 10.00 more. It was late so we paid the extra charge. Room was dark and dingy. Bathroom appeared to have not been cleaned. Found urine on the toilet lid and seat. There was a hole in the bathroom ceiling that had been plugged with a wad of toilet paper. Non-smoking rooms are next to smoking rooms. The room reeked of smoke. The carpet in our room was torn in several spots and appeared to be quite dirty. The carpets in the hallways were equally dirty. Paint was peeling off the walls. Hotel is in dire need of renovation.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel.