“Ok place, convenient to the I-40” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6600 Interstate 40W, Amarillo, TX 79106   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
DF
“Ok place, convenient to the I-40”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This place was convenient for a quick stop on the I 40, otherwise, nothing to write home about. The rooms were clean, pool and sap were closed for maintence and we couldn't get our shower to work (neither could 3 employees) but our room was never changed....only at check-out did they think to say they should have changed out room. This is an average hotel and if it were not for a discounted price I would not have stayed. The staff was friendly but again didn't go out of there way to solve shower issue.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Roxita,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. Please accept my apologies for the troubles you had with your shower, and not being moved to another room. I will be addressing your comments with my staff right away to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and I'm truly sorry we came up short. Please allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Amarillo.

Carol L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cave Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

As usual, it wasn't because of the staff. They were super friendly and helpful. And the layout was similar to most Fairfield's. It just didn't quite have the work put into it to keep it top notch.

It was impossible for us to cool the room. We like to sleep when the room is in the 60's and we had the AC turned full boat and nothing good came of it. Our biggest gripe for most Fairfield's was also true here. The square pillows suck. A good hotel needs a good bed AND a good pillow.

We had stayed in another Fairfield the night before and their breakfast offerings were much better with way more selections.

This hotel is a 2 1/2 star.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear SalfromIL,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. I'm glad to hear that my staff was helpful and friendly. I do apologize that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. I will share your concerns with my staff to ensure that any deficiencies in our breakfast are addressed. Without guest feedback like yours, we would not be able to improve our operations. We hope that you will offer us another visit in the near future to show you how we've used your comments to improve our hotel.

Carol L.
Owen, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very good value. This is a very comfortable hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. Queen beds were very comfortable, and we slept well. If there was any noise from the outside, it was minimized by the fan on low speed. Also kept the room air fresh. We thought the breakfast was better than others we've stayed at in this price range. We will stay again when we return in the spring, and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Didn't use room service, but confident it would be good. No eating spots within walking distanc...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us on your trip in Amarillo. I am so happy to hear that you found your stay with us to be comfortable. Please come and stay with us the next time you are in our area.

Regards,
Carol L., GM
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel was nice Fairfield property. It was clean inside and out of the rooms. The beds were good, not great, but good enough to get a good night's rest. The price made the room a good value. There was nothing special about the hotel but then again there wasn't much of an opportunity. I was able to quickly check-in, went out for the night, came back and good a good night's rest.

One small minor issue was my room was ground level at the end of the hallway next to the stairwell and exit door so it was a little noisy in the morning. But considering the proximity of the room to the stairs and exit, it wasn't as loud as I would have guessed. I would imagine that I could have switched to another room if I asked. Nice staff when I checked in.

Location was close to the highway, shopping, and a few restaurants. There was not any highway noise but I was also at the opposite end of the hotel also.

Room Tip: Just stay away from the room ground level next to the stairwell and exit door.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that the majority of your stay with us was enjoyable. I am sorry that you did not find our beds to your liking. We recently received all new mattresses and box springs, but we do understand that different guests prefer different firmnesses in their mattresses for a good night sleep.

We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you travel through Amarillo!

Carol L, GM
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. She did refer us to a chain restaurant instead of a local restaurant but we didn't specify we were looking for a local restaurant, so I'm pretty sure she just gave us the safe choice.

Our room was cleaned and well-maintained. Like all the beds in the Marriott group of hotels, the beds were soft and the sheets were crisp and clean. My husband complains that the pillows are too soft. If you really like firm pillows, you may want to bring your own.

The included breakfast was fine. We got to eat quickly and get back on the road. We will definitely stay here, again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would like to stay again with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Amarillo!

Regards,
Carol L, GM
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice, clean, and conveniently located Marriott brand hotel that is great for business travel in West Texas and the panhandle area. I stay here at least once a month and the staff is very friendly and courteous.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I thought for the cost of my room it was worth it, I did book in advance on line which helped. The room clean , bed was comfortable , the staff was friendly . I needed to get to the hospital in the morning and it was about a 5 minute drive . It is located off 140 making it easy to find .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center? Share your experiences!