“Very comfortable, Great breakfast, Friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Owen, Wisconsin
“Very comfortable, Great breakfast, Friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very good value. This is a very comfortable hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. Queen beds were very comfortable, and we slept well. If there was any noise from the outside, it was minimized by the fan on low speed. Also kept the room air fresh. We thought the breakfast was better than others we've stayed at in this price range. We will stay again when we return in the spring, and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Didn't use room service, but confident it would be good. No eating spots within walking distanc...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us on your trip in Amarillo. I am so happy to hear that you found your stay with us to be comfortable. Please come and stay with us the next time you are in our area.

Regards,
Carol L., GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel was nice Fairfield property. It was clean inside and out of the rooms. The beds were good, not great, but good enough to get a good night's rest. The price made the room a good value. There was nothing special about the hotel but then again there wasn't much of an opportunity. I was able to quickly check-in, went out for the night, came back and good a good night's rest.

One small minor issue was my room was ground level at the end of the hallway next to the stairwell and exit door so it was a little noisy in the morning. But considering the proximity of the room to the stairs and exit, it wasn't as loud as I would have guessed. I would imagine that I could have switched to another room if I asked. Nice staff when I checked in.

Location was close to the highway, shopping, and a few restaurants. There was not any highway noise but I was also at the opposite end of the hotel also.

Room Tip: Just stay away from the room ground level next to the stairwell and exit door.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that the majority of your stay with us was enjoyable. I am sorry that you did not find our beds to your liking. We recently received all new mattresses and box springs, but we do understand that different guests prefer different firmnesses in their mattresses for a good night sleep.

We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you travel through Amarillo!

Carol L, GM
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. She did refer us to a chain restaurant instead of a local restaurant but we didn't specify we were looking for a local restaurant, so I'm pretty sure she just gave us the safe choice.

Our room was cleaned and well-maintained. Like all the beds in the Marriott group of hotels, the beds were soft and the sheets were crisp and clean. My husband complains that the pillows are too soft. If you really like firm pillows, you may want to bring your own.

The included breakfast was fine. We got to eat quickly and get back on the road. We will definitely stay here, again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would like to stay again with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Amarillo!

Regards,
Carol L, GM
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice, clean, and conveniently located Marriott brand hotel that is great for business travel in West Texas and the panhandle area. I stay here at least once a month and the staff is very friendly and courteous.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I thought for the cost of my room it was worth it, I did book in advance on line which helped. The room clean , bed was comfortable , the staff was friendly . I needed to get to the hospital in the morning and it was about a 5 minute drive . It is located off 140 making it easy to find .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Boerne, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed one night in September '13. This is an older building with the cottage cheese ceilings, dim lighting etc, but has had some upgrading. My room rate was $115 per nt. which I believe is a bit high. The room was average size with a nice TV and small work area, and was clean. The bathroom was fine except for a small area of light mold. Given the heat and humidity in Texas in September, I chose not to make a big deal of it. The free breakfast was good, about the same as most other hotel free breakfasts. I had a Marriott gift card that I wanted to use as partial payment,(probably had something to do with choosing this hotel) and had to work with two different front desk folks to get that accomplished. All in all an average stay. Probably could have done better dollar-wise if I'd shopped around.

Room Tip: I-40 is very close, so the further away the better. The hotel does offer white noise machines if tha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Dan H,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Please accept my apology that we did not exceed your expectations. I'm sorry that you found mold in the bathroom and I will have my housekeeping staff address this right away. I'm also sorry that you felt the rate you paid was high. We are constantly monitoring our rates and work hard to stay competitive with the hotels in our area. I hope that the next time you are in Amarillo you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Carol L.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This may well be unfair but although I have spent the night in Amarillo a number of times it has always been just that, a night. I have found that while heading east via interstate 40 Amarillo is my goal driving from either Arizona or Nevada. Heading west I try and make it to Tucumcari, New Mexico. Anyway I think the Fairfield west is one of the better choices in town. Although on the north side of 40 it is not really an issue as both the exit and entrance have those wonderful no stop u-turn lanes that make for easy on and off. Anyway the hotel has been recently updated and I find it not only a nicer hotel but also a better value than the Residence Inn which is right next door. Good size room comfortable bed quick, efficient and friendly front desk staff. What more can you ask for. The HVAC works smoothly without with what I find annoy clunk when it kicks in. Breakfast is your typical fare the staff keeps the food warm and available and the areas clean so no complaints there. So if you are looking for a good night’s sleep at a reasonable price just for I-40 than you should consider this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West / Medical Center? Share your experiences!