“Nice Place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3411 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX 79109 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #42 of 66 hotels in Amarillo

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kingman, Az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here a few times in 2004 and 2005. It was nice and a good value.They haven't put a nickel into this place since then. The hallway carpets are filthy, scuff marks on most of the doors, the bathrooms are in need of updating and the desk clerk was very complacent. She told us we were lucky to get the last room. really?

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor. It's noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Varsity Lakes, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I checked in at 3pm and were greeted by the manager on duty. He gave us the key to our room and we parked our car in the building down the back and unpacked all of our luggage and took it to our room (which was up a flight of stairs seeing as there is no elevator). We opened the door and found a dirty room with stripped sheets. We then had to carry our luggage back down stairs to our car, repack the car and go to the office to get a new room. The manager gave us a new room key and I asked whether this room was clean as I didn't want the same thing to happen. He said 'no.' I questioned why he would give us a new room that hadn't been made up. His response was that the hotel had been busy the night before and they were behind in housekeeping. I told him that that wasn't my problem and that if their check in is 3pm, then rooms should be ready by then. He sent one of the other workers to check that the room was clean for us. Luckily, it was but the manager didn't seem to very apologetic at all. In fact, when I calmly and politely told him that I found the way the situation was handled to be disappointing, his response was just 'ok... ok'. I got the feeling he just wanted to send me off to my room and not deal with me any more. When we got to our new room it was mostly clean (we did find a hair pin and receipt on the carpet) but the wifi didn't work at all during our stay. The breakfast was adequate but the 'hot' breakfast didn't look too appetizing. Something was cooking in the microwave for 30mins so who knows what that could've been.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Long drive to Albuquerque for daughters wedding made it as far as Amarillo. Stopped at the Baymont very tired. Front desk person not the friendliest. but I was able to get a room and was happy with that. Turned out not a bad stop. Room was clean, bed comfortable and the breakfast was hot and good as well as the dining area clean. The day staff were very friendy. All in all it was a short but good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!