“Great Hotel Good Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3411 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX 79109 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #42 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Smithers, Canada
“Great Hotel Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I don't know why this hotel gets bad reviews. The price is right. The location is great, right next to the interstate. It's clean. It's been updated. They bathtub was a little cracked and dated, but it's clean. The room was huge. Which gave the dogs lots of room to stretch their legs. It's quiet and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who can overlook a few cracks in a bathtub and a slightly dated bathroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel was clean and comfortable. Shows some signs of being dated but all in all a good place to stay. The exercise room has a lot to be desired so don't make it a criteria for staying here. Area felt safe and hotel staff was helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HUGHSON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We enjoyed our brief stay and slept well. It was a great improvement over our experience in Flagstaff, however, the hotel staff was very young and not very attentive to the guests.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Rapid City, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We traveled to Amarillo to attend our daughters wedding, we had guest from Indiana and Georgia that had come to attend. I booked our rooms at the Baymont in Amarillo. Our other party had already checked in their room. When we arrived we were giving room 126. As soon as I entered the room I was ready to walk and get a different hotel. My wife talked me out of it because of the others. I have never seen such a run down repulsive Baymont Inn. I do not understand how such a property can still fly such a flag. In room 126, the tub looked to have never been cleaned, coffee pot was missing its pot and the warmer was covered in rust. The walls in spots were black as night. The trim around the ceiling looked as if a 2 year old painted them. The walls looked liked someone had tried to fix them up. The beds were so old and sat so low to the ground I might have well as slept on the floor. The furniture in the rooms looked to have come from an older hotel and placed in the rooms.
I did go to the front desk and requested to see another room, I was sent to room 138. This room wasn’t the greatest either. Window curtain all ripped up on the bottom, curtain rods lying on the floor, one by the desk and one in the bathroom. The ceiling in the room is cracked and poorly repaired. The room didn’t even have a telephone in it, why? The brass lamp wasn’t brass anymore. The dust is heavy in the room. Dirt buildup in the corners in the bathroom, bed skirt ripped. Over all this is the worst ran hotel I have seen in along time. Franz Hanning CEO should stay in this hotel to see how poorly he is doing his job. My in-laws checked into their room and they found a dirty diaper in their trash. We all checked out within a couple of hours of checking in and moved to Marriott.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the price because I only needed a place to sleep for 5 nights. I was quite surprised. The hotel needed some updating but was clean and comfortable. The bed was great. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WYLIE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Room was fine but the bathroom was not. The shower walls looked like mold was growing in grout. The towels were very thin. The toilet looked clean but smelled like a urinal. I wanted to iron my blouse and the ironing board was dustly looking. The iron looked horrible. It had flakes of brown falling from it. My Husband showered with a bug that clinged to his foot. We were not impressed with the breakfast. The sausage was not even browned. We made a waffle and it was brown but doughy inside. Could not eat it. Booked for 2 nights and we ate breakfast at IHOP the second morning. Smokers hung out right at the door. Disgusting. Had to stay a third night in Amarillo but we changed facilities. Have slept at Baymont before but will never stay at this one again.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

LITTLE CHUTE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

One night stay. Very friendly. Breakfast room had noisy glass tables. Older place, but still nice. Television outdated. Could use some upgrading.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!