“Rundown, out of date” 1 of 5 stars

2501 IH-40 E, N. Frontage Rd, Amarillo, TX 79104   |
Ranked #60 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Rundown, out of date”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

beds aren't very comfortable caper looked diety the shower didn't work mirror on wall was broke heater barely worked and the staff was rude I was working nights and so sleeping during the day the office called me early one morning to tell me I "had" to let the cleaning lady in it was mandatory even after I explained I had been up all night and needed to sleep she told me it did not matter

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you have an option between sleeping in your car or this place... sleep in your car. Extremely mouldy, run down and disgusting. Bathrooms have never been cleaned... bathtub was mouldy and under 6 inches of dirt/soap scum. Even someone elses foot prints were still in the tub. Everything else was stained... carpet I'm pretty sure had blood stains and lord knows what else. Beds... well I hope you like bedbugs the size of your thumb nail and cig burned holes.

You owe it to yourself to keep driving past this place.

Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nasty rooms! Carpet is disgusting. Pillows are stained yellow. Drapes are torn. Drawers missing from dresser. No heat even after maintenance man comes and tells us it will take 10 minutes or so to heat up. We let it run for 45 minutes and decided to leave. The will not refund you your money if you have been in the room longer than 15 minutes. Save your $75.00 and find somewhere else to stay. This place looks nice in the lobby but don't be fooled. The rooms look like they are used by the hour.

Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015 via mobile

From the moment I walked into our room, I wished we had stayed somewhere else. The inside door had to be slammed open and shut. The public balcony door was the same except the key card entry didn't work and the peephole was knocked out so anyone could look in. Several of the lights didn't work. Our bathroom door had been kicked in at some point so it wouldn't even latch shut. The carpets, chairs and walls were very stained and the tables, sheets and blankets had cigarette burns everywhere. When we arrived, the toilet had obviously not been cleaned, so I was glad I brought some disinfectant wipes. Just overall really gross and seemed very unclean. The ONLY redeeming quality was that the man at the front desk when we checked in was really nice and mostly helpful.

• Stayed January 2015
Mount Airy, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

My husband, daughter, and myself were traveling across the country from NC to NV, we stopped in Amarillo on our 2nd night of our journey and were planning to stay somewhere super cheap. Then we saw this place, and loved the exterior and lobby, and figured we'd splurge for a nice hotel one night. Boy...we were wrong.

The room was filthy, staff was less than helpful or accomidating, charging us 3 times what the sign advertises even though our only "upgrade" was 2 beds in one room instead of 1 bed in one room. The locks were messed up, the carpet was disgusting, the walls were marked on, the headboards had been ripped from the walls, the box springs were heavily stained, the shower and tub were so filthy I wouldn't have let my dog bathe in them, there were lights with no switches, and random switches that controlled absolutely nothing. In the morning there was nobody at the check in/out desk to take our key, and kept us and a bus load of cross country tourists waiting for almost 20 minutes. There were no redeeming qualities. It is sketchy at best. Maybe it could be considered a high quality crack house?

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Some would say, you get what you pay for, but that's not true for our stay. We traveled the USA for 17 days and paid much less for MUCH better stays. Don't be fooled by the fancy lobby and atrium. The rooms are dirty, burn marks on rugs, doors don't shut, missing bathroom faucet handles, sheets don't fit the bed, and the worse part, the smell...smoke...throughout the whole place. The hall rugs were filthy, trip hazards on the stairs and garbage in the atrium fountain. There was entertainment offered in the bar, but they wanted a cover charge for guests. Breakfast, which was made to order, but was super greasy and there was a guy smoking beside the breakfast bar. I moved my luggage back into the car and I felt better sleeping fully clothed. We used a coupon book to pick this hotel (prices not honored due to Friday night stay) but, I'm sorry we didn't have access to the review, I would have liked to save my money. Lastly, we got such a bad vibe from this place, we decided not to stick around Amarillo and we passed right on thru Texas!!!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

dirty, old, slept on box spring(it felt that way) bath in need repair-- overall "did i say nasty" bar was great!!! staff please know the condition of the room you rent!!! carpet dirty----old "everything" door not safe----bath om gosh--

Room Tip: staff-------look at the room before you rent it