“Not recommended” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Some would say, you get what you pay for, but that's not true for our stay. We traveled the USA for 17 days and paid much less for MUCH better stays. Don't be fooled by the fancy lobby and atrium. The rooms are dirty, burn marks on rugs, doors don't shut, missing bathroom faucet handles, sheets don't fit the bed, and the worse part, the smell...smoke...throughout the whole place. The hall rugs were filthy, trip hazards on the stairs and garbage in the atrium fountain. There was entertainment offered in the bar, but they wanted a cover charge for guests. Breakfast, which was made to order, but was super greasy and there was a guy smoking beside the breakfast bar. I moved my luggage back into the car and I felt better sleeping fully clothed. We used a coupon book to pick this hotel (prices not honored due to Friday night stay) but, I'm sorry we didn't have access to the review, I would have liked to save my money. Lastly, we got such a bad vibe from this place, we decided not to stick around Amarillo and we passed right on thru Texas!!!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

dirty, old, slept on box spring(it felt that way) bath in need repair-- overall "did i say nasty" bar was great!!! staff please know the condition of the room you rent!!! carpet dirty----old "everything" door not safe----bath om gosh--

Room Tip: staff-------look at the room before you rent it
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Killeen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I have never stayed in a place like this in my life time! I can only enter through certain doors, should have been my 1st notion to leave. Dirty floors, walls are peeling, air conditioning very noisy, a sliding door with no handle to open, room door had to be slammed to shut, one bed in room very firm other made me feel like I should have been sleeping on the floor.
I wish I had time to read the comments before staying....they are true and correct..dont stay.
Oh and as far as serving in the military=$5.00 discount

• Stayed August 2014
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The lobby and indoor common area is really nice. I didn't use the pool, but from a brief glance looked nice. The rooms have potential, but are in need of attention. The furnishings are out dated and need to be replaced due to wear and tear. There was a drawer missing from the chest. The bed had a custom made frame that was uneven and anytime I moved the bed teeter tottered. One of the mattresses was good but the other bed's mattress was a brick. One night I received a towel that was stained and there were couple of dead roaches on the bathroom floor. Ending on a good note, the free breakfast was good. I would not stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Tucumcari, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are dirty there was dog food on the floor it was late and when we complained they showed us three different rooms all of which were had broken doors and bathrooms . I will be complaining to a manager in the morning if it weren't for my kids being exhausted I would leave !dirty dirty dont stay here run away

• Stayed July 2014
Oakland, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I have traveled extensively during our lives and have stayed in many, many motels. This one is the first one I have been compelled to write a review about. We checked into this motel after a very stressful trip from Memphis to Albuquerque to be with our daughter during her surgery. This is a very old, poorly maintained motel. Whatever was used for wall covering is peeling off, the bed is uncomfortable, and just the feeling of the room not being clean. But the worst thing was the pipe that was dripping water from the room above us into our bathtub. We learned later that this is the drain pipe for the air conditioner on the floor above. Who designes an air conditioning system like that? Would you take a bath in that tub? When we checked out the next morning, we discussed all of the problems with the room with the duty manager, and instead of admitting that his hotel has issues, he attempted to deflect all of the responsibility to various employees. We were never offered any compensation for our lack of sleep and shower. His excuse was that the clerk on duty should not have assigned that room to us. He is the worst excuse for a manager I have seen, and I would sleep in my car on the side of the road if my only choice was this motel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockdale, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We use to stay at La Kiva every time we visited family in Amarillo. It's been a while since we've gone. This last visit was not as good as times before. The cost was around $115 for two nights (cheaper if you book online thru booking.com). The a/c unit needs repairs, we were moved to another room. The beds were okay, not hard as a rock. The pool and spa area was well maintained. You get a free breakfast each morning - they actually have cooks who prepare your eggs to your liking with hash browns, toast, sausage. The location is very convenient & easy to get to (near the Quarterhorse Museum) lots of fast food restaurants near by. They have a nightclub/bar inside the hotel. The bartender did an excellent job! Overall, it was a good stay, just needs some maintaining - no upgrades have been done since our first trip years ago.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Kiva Hotel Amarillo? Share your experiences!