“Good for a short stop” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2102 S. Coulter Dr., Amarillo, TX 79106   |
Ranked #32 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Good for a short stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

First to know the rooms all have an exterior entrance. This is definitely an older hotel as my room did not have a sprinkler. The room had a slight odor to it but it was not obtrusive. The bathroom had one light, the overhead light was burnt out, and a fan without a switch to turn it on. Air-conditioning worked well and the bed was rather comfortable. A solid three-star hotel. Oh by the way they do not serve breakfast before 7 AM.

Stayed July 2014
Antonio M, General Manager at Days Inn Amarillo Medical Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Todd and Kathy,

Foremost, we appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. Feedback from our guests is crucial in developing strategies for our property's improvement. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to maintain the highest degree of guest satisfaction possible and regret that your stay was not the utmost in comfort. However, we are happy that the comfort of your guest bed and the air conditioning exceeded your standards. Our normal hours of breakfast operation are 6:30 to 9:30 AM each morning. I would like the opportunity to discuss further with you the details of your stay so that I can correct the problems that you experienced with your stay, namely the lack of on time breakfast service. Please contact me, Antonio, at the property directly at 806.359.9393 so that I can guarantee you do not encounter the same problems during your next visit to Days Inn Medical Center. Again, thank you for your review and have a wonderful day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I voiced my concern about the parking and requested a room where i can see my vehicle, this was abruptly dismissed and being its past the cancellation time i wasn't able to look for another hotel without costing me $$$. Well my fears were not unfounded , when we woke up the next day we found out that my 2 mountain bikes, were stolen, even with them being held by heavy duty chains and locks. Thats 5 thou down the drain , this hotel should have their parking security increased (established coz there is no security whatsoever) or at least place a big sign at the lobby about the parking risk. We have been thru 3 states for the last previous nights and this is where we were victimized. So if you value your properties STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Good afternoon ma'am,

We consistently strive to accommodate all requests that guests have at their time of check-in. Unfortunately during your visit we experienced high occupancy and could not accommodate both your parking request and your requested room type. Our staff maintains a high degree of security including but not limited to closed circuit security cameras, frequent nightly property walks, as well as well known police presence. As I'm sure you're well aware when traveling and leaving said valuable properties exposed and secured only to the exterior of a vehicle, you assume a certain degree of risk, especially while staying in a populous city. However, I sincerely regret that you experienced this problem. As I'm sure you've been informed, we comply completely and fully with the local police department in all matters that pertain to our guests and that will continue. Please know that situations such as yours are extremely rare in occurance at our property, yet sometimes unfortunate incidents like this occur, as in any situation that has outdoor public parking. In future instances, I advise on a professional and personal level that should you have valuables that are exposed on the outside of your vehicle that you address those concerns with front desk staff and ask for options and alternatives such as in lobby storage or alternative security of your valuables. If I can assist you in any way whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me at 806.359.9393. Again, I am personally apologetic for the misfortune you experienced and hope that the recovery of your lost items comes promptly.
Slaton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This man was extremely kind and very helpful. He gave us information on other sites we could visit. Mr. Antonio Morales, Manager, not only did the above but made you feel at home.
Rooms were very clean.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs was very peaceful.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mr. Hernandez,

Thank you for the time to post your positive experience and acclaim for our property. It was an absolute pleasure to serve you and we know that when you return to Amarillo for whatever reason, you will choose Days Inn Medical Center once more. We look very much forward to when that day comes. Until then, be well, and let us know if we can assist you in any way. Have a wonderful afternoon.
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I would have given this hotel only one star had it not been for the excellent, friendly staff. The hotel itself is extremely run down and in need of much attention. The screens are ripped, windows are dirty, cobwebs hang out in corners, duct tape is used to repair stairs, and paint is chipping and smeared. Those would be excusable if the interior of the room was better. However, the blankets on both beds had multiple holes, the toilet was loose, and the shower was warm - but never hot. The breakfast area was small. I counted 10 chairs. This seems like a $60 motel. We paid $100 for 2 queens. Way overpriced. I felt misled by trip advisor's generally decent rating on this hotel. It does not reflect the condition of this property.

Stayed June 2014
Good afternoon Sara,

We appreciate your time in offering a review of our hotel. Reviews such as yours not only encourage our staff to maintain their high degree of guest service but also offer us opportunities for improvement. Although our hotel is in the process of undergoing a complete, comprehensive renovation process, we are sorry that you find our property 'run down.' We strive to always offer a positive guest experience for all that choose Days Inn Medical Center, and we are sincerely apologetic that you do not characterize yours as being such. We hope that you offer us the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Amarillo whereby you can experience our refreshed room type. Please contact me directly at 806.359.9393 before your next stay so that I can not only offer you a special discounted rate, but also so that you can experience Days Inn Medical Center's newly renovated guest rooms. Thank you again for your review, and have a wonderful day.
Palestine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the room I was given. The furniture was very nice, the room was spacious and very clean. I too was a little disappointed with the towels and the tub floor was very discolored. But overall the room was very nice. This hotel does not have an elevator. The exterior and breezeways are not the best, but that matters little to me. I want hot water, heat or AC and a clean room.

Room Tip: This property does not have an elevator. if you have a lot of luggage be sure to get a ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Wichita Falls, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Property is a little dated and check in was not quite what I expected but all in all $ was fine. Towels need to be upgraded because 1st was 2 towels with no nap 2 n 3rd nights was 1 plush and 1 not plush towel. Consistency is a bit of a problem but I felt secure so...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a hard review for me. The reason being that the service was excellent and you could tell the staff had tried to make the most of what they had to work with. The addition of a fridge, microwave, coffee machine, large flat screen TV really helped raise the bar. However, most folks would not have gotten past the older condition of the room. No cover on the a/c, multi-colored door (as if they repainted it but got lazy and didn't finish it) and some stains in the bathroom.That being said, I had a good night's sleep and the bed was comfortable.

I appreciate Antonio going out of his way to offer me recommendations. The steak house was good, and though I didn't get to visit, his recommendations for a late night cocktail sounded like they would be fun. Additionally, the next morning, I arrived for breakfast in the lobby 15 minutes early (I didn't realize it at the time) but the hostess was gracious enough to allow me to go ahead and grab some things so I could get on the road.

All in all, friendly welcoming service and okay rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Amarillo Medical Center? Share your experiences!