“Expensive double occupancy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Amarillo Airport

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Amarillo Airport to your Saves list
Knights Inn Amarillo Airport
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1803 S Lakeside Dr, Amarillo, TX 79118 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Amarillo Airport)   |
Ranked #58 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
goa
“Expensive double occupancy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I was driving with my brother in law to New Mexico and had to find a place to stay for the night. The price for single occupancy was $29.99 and jumped to $52 because we requested for twin beds. This was a major bummer. Other than that, both the beds were big enough to have couples on them; the rooms were clean, there was coffee in the lobby and a modest complimentary breakfast. But I have learnt; we shall not break journey in amarillo anymore; it is cheaper to stay at other places where the prices do not double just beacuse of double occupancy. The Inn is close to the highway which ensures a rather early morning wake-up.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

NorthWest, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

After years traveling the U.S., this is the first negative review I have ever written.
Summer 2009,a wonderful trip with my bride, 40 nights away from home, however this motel was the pits!
We had enjoyed an outstanding performance of "Texas" at Palo Duro Canyon and with reservations made previously we checked in at America's Best Value Inns at I-40 and Lakeside after 10:00 pm. We should have kept on moving.
The welcome: The lobby shared a dimly lit open bar/tavern with 4 or 5 customers watching our entrance. (Amenities lists a lounge nearby. That's for sure!)
The back entrance light was burned out, had to return to the front desk to locate the correct doorway and then could hardly find the keylock slot.
The room was obviously dirty and smelled bad. We found: two dirty and clogged sinks that drained very slowly. Hair dryer didn't work. Shower curtain rod trim was broken and falling into the tub. Toilet was so loose on the floor I'm surprised it wasn't leaking onto the floor. Why didn't we leave earlier !!??
The listed "Deluxe Continental Breakfast" next morning: The small breakfast room was crowded with two families, no additional seating, the room was a mess, a sty, and by observation it was NOT "A DELUXE Continental Breakfast"!
Following several phone calls and e-mails with ABVI Guest Relations and with the "Head of Operations in Amarillo, Mr. C.P.", we did not receive any satisfaction with this very poor experience. Mr. C.P. did, via e-mail, apologize for our inconvenience and did offer: "I would like to make things right with you by offering you one free night's stay at our hotel the next time you are in Amarillo". Thanks but no thanks, we would rather sleep in our car , should there be a next time.
This was our first experience with any ABVI facility. There are always many, many accommodations available throughout the U.S. I do not anticipate ever considering another ABVInn based on such poor corporate assistance with this horrible stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Upland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

After checking in I went to the room to find mold in the bathroom and walls that were crumbling. I took photographs which I sent to the propery manager and also Guest Relations for the chain. After 3 weeks I have yet to hear from the property manager. The sign also advertised one rate and I was charged 25% more for a single. I would avoid this property.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — mold in bathroom
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever been to. There was catfood all over the floor, among other things. The bathroom looked as though it had never been cleaned and was in disrepair. I would not stay here again even if you paid me. I would rather sleep in my car. Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

My father and I had just traveled over eight hours from Dallas TX and decided to stay at this motel. It seems alright on first sight. But I should have turned away when the two clerks working behind the counter would not even acknowlege me. I requested a room with double beds. When we got to the room which was upstairs and after making my father carry all the bags up to the room. It was a single bed, smoking room. I went back down stairs walked back to their office and informed the two stupid girls that I requested double beds. Meaning "TWO" beds and non-smoking. This time I was transferred to another room upstairs, and we started to settle in, then the TV didn't work. I forgot the mention it was only 2 degrees outside. So I call the front desk and informed them the TV didn't work. They said I could be moved once again. Well they said they would move us down stairs I said find, but to please bring me the key. I would be my third trip to the office. The lady then said "NO" They would not do that. Then I said fine reimburse my money because this was so stupid. She said she would not do that. Boy let me tell you, she was the most unprofessional Manager as she called herself. She just would not even accommodate me what's so ever!!!!! I wanted to let everyone know that how ever the ower of the establishment in Amarillo TX is needs to know how his or hers "Management team " Is treating good paying customers to stay at his hotel. The girl I am speaking of has a tatoo on her neck that no one will miss, and the other girl looks like she maybe just got out of high school. I would think that this franchise using the "American Best Value Inn" is making a bad name for all other establishements.. This unsatisfied Customer well never ever stay again at any AMerican Best VAlue Inns ........

Stayed December 2007
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

I stayed this hotel during 1-week business trip.
I think this hotel is one of closest hotel from Amarillo airport.
Most of previous reviews of this hotel are bad, but I think
this hotel has new owner now because my 1-week stay at this hotel wasn’t bad at all.
Friendly stuff very very helpful. Simple clean room with great price.
Wireless internet worked fine and good connection.
Simple hot breakfast (free), but no restaurant in the hotel.
Only Subway, McDonald's (attached to the gas station right next door),
and Waffle House are the walking distance restaurants.
The hotel locate right next to the truck stop, when you make
reservations make sure request odd number room otherwise
you have to listen to the low idling engine noise of 18-wheelers all night.
Great inexpensive accommodation.

• Liked — Friendly hotel staff
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

We stayed here after driving 16 hours & regretted it! The trash cans had trash in them, sheets reeked of cheap perfume, bath powder on floor, no towels, dirty coffee cups, no coffee, no internet connection like it said, dirty wash cloths were folded like they were not used & placed in the basket on the sink. Management was rude when we complained & refused to give our money back!
It was more like a rent by the hour motel if you know what I mean! Don't recommend this & please do not stay there! I would rather sleep in my car!

• Liked — Nothing to like.
  • Disliked — Dirty.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Amarillo Airport? Share your experiences!