“Dirty, digusting, and worse” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Amarillo Airport

You added Knights Inn Amarillo Airport to your Saves list
Knights Inn Amarillo Airport
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1803 S Lakeside Dr, Amarillo, TX 79118 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Amarillo Airport)   |
Ranked #58 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Denver, CO
“Dirty, digusting, and worse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever been to. There was catfood all over the floor, among other things. The bathroom looked as though it had never been cleaned and was in disrepair. I would not stay here again even if you paid me. I would rather sleep in my car. Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

My father and I had just traveled over eight hours from Dallas TX and decided to stay at this motel. It seems alright on first sight. But I should have turned away when the two clerks working behind the counter would not even acknowlege me. I requested a room with double beds. When we got to the room which was upstairs and after making my father carry all the bags up to the room. It was a single bed, smoking room. I went back down stairs walked back to their office and informed the two stupid girls that I requested double beds. Meaning "TWO" beds and non-smoking. This time I was transferred to another room upstairs, and we started to settle in, then the TV didn't work. I forgot the mention it was only 2 degrees outside. So I call the front desk and informed them the TV didn't work. They said I could be moved once again. Well they said they would move us down stairs I said find, but to please bring me the key. I would be my third trip to the office. The lady then said "NO" They would not do that. Then I said fine reimburse my money because this was so stupid. She said she would not do that. Boy let me tell you, she was the most unprofessional Manager as she called herself. She just would not even accommodate me what's so ever!!!!! I wanted to let everyone know that how ever the ower of the establishment in Amarillo TX is needs to know how his or hers "Management team " Is treating good paying customers to stay at his hotel. The girl I am speaking of has a tatoo on her neck that no one will miss, and the other girl looks like she maybe just got out of high school. I would think that this franchise using the "American Best Value Inn" is making a bad name for all other establishements.. This unsatisfied Customer well never ever stay again at any AMerican Best VAlue Inns ........

Stayed December 2007
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

I stayed this hotel during 1-week business trip.
I think this hotel is one of closest hotel from Amarillo airport.
Most of previous reviews of this hotel are bad, but I think
this hotel has new owner now because my 1-week stay at this hotel wasn’t bad at all.
Friendly stuff very very helpful. Simple clean room with great price.
Wireless internet worked fine and good connection.
Simple hot breakfast (free), but no restaurant in the hotel.
Only Subway, McDonald's (attached to the gas station right next door),
and Waffle House are the walking distance restaurants.
The hotel locate right next to the truck stop, when you make
reservations make sure request odd number room otherwise
you have to listen to the low idling engine noise of 18-wheelers all night.
Great inexpensive accommodation.

• Liked — Friendly hotel staff
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

We stayed here after driving 16 hours & regretted it! The trash cans had trash in them, sheets reeked of cheap perfume, bath powder on floor, no towels, dirty coffee cups, no coffee, no internet connection like it said, dirty wash cloths were folded like they were not used & placed in the basket on the sink. Management was rude when we complained & refused to give our money back!
It was more like a rent by the hour motel if you know what I mean! Don't recommend this & please do not stay there! I would rather sleep in my car!

• Liked — Nothing to like.
  • Disliked — Dirty.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

This place is beyond any ordinary horrible place you could ever imagine. When I checked in the girl at the front desk told me that it was OK to leave my car on the parking lot in front of the motel while I was away on vacation provided I had a reservation for my return. She looked up the reservation for my return and reassured me that it was fine to leave my car until my return. I asked for a wake-up call and a shuttle to the airport in the morning. When I got to my room I discovered that the hi-speed internet didn’t work. I called the front desk and they told me it was broken. Light bulbs were missing. Electrical outlets didn’t work. Tub grout was moldy. The fitted sheets didn’t fit the bed. I was kept awake by loud people outside and cars starting and headlights shining in my room all night. I did not get the wake-up call I requested. There was nothing edible for breakfast. The shuttle driver did not know he was supposed to take me to the airport in the morning as nobody had told him.

When I returned to the airport after my trip, I called the motel for the shuttle. The shuttle showed up an hour later. The motel is only 2 minutes away. After checking in, I looked for my car and saw that it was gone. I ran back to the front desk where they told me that they had it towed away. I was outraged and angry. The manager told me he thought it belonged to a drug dealer. I told him that I had been told by his employee that my car would be fine there until my return. He told me that she didn’t work there anymore so it was my tough luck and that I would have to pay the towing fees. I told him that he was wrong for towing my car and that he should take care of getting my car back to me and pay the fees. He said that I would be able to get my car back at 7 am the next day, but he would not pay. I returned to the front desk at 7 am the next day only to be told that I would have to come back at 8. At 8, I was told to wait. At 9 a receptionist came in and found the towing paperwork. Other than calling a cab for me, she did not help me out at all. I had to pay for the cab ($15) to get to the tow company and then pay $186 to the tow company to get my car back. The tow company asked me if I had parked in a handicapped space or on top of a line or something. I told them that I had done nothing wrong, and that the motel had towed my car after assuring me that it was fine to park it on their lot until my return. I returned to the motel with the tow bill and demanded a check from them to reimburse me for the towing fees. The receptionist refused. She called the manager and he refused to reimburse me. This is totally inexcusable conduct.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — They towed my car away and made me pay the bill.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
McKinney TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

We stayed at America's Best Value Inns and Suites in Amarillo, TX on May 31, 2007. It was one of the worst places I have ever encountered. The location was horrible, the room was dirty and the three stars were totally unappropriate for that place. We choose it because of a [--] three star rating and it also allowed us to keep our dog with us in the room. Please check this place out before you recommend it again. Thank you for allowing me to voice an opinion regarding the above. I emailed [--] and they recommended I email you to voice my opinion. From now on I will go to your website for recommendations.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The room was dirty
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chigago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

I stayed at this inn October 27 of 2006. The last stay that I had had was absolutly horrible, I moved about six times and at the end I was unable to get a refund. Coming back in October, however, was a very pleasant experience, I don't know if they have had new management since April (it was a Quality Inn then) or what, but the property is quickly doing much better. In April I swore I would never come back and now I swear that I will always come to this property.

Traveler from Chicago area to Corpus Christi

• Liked — the people and the breakfast
  • Disliked — the exterior carpet
  • Tips/Secrets — book at this hotel, it is a wonderful price for the service that you get
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Amarillo Airport? Share your experiences!