“OK place to stay if you are looking for a lower price range room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Amarillo Airport

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Amarillo Airport to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Amarillo Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1803 S Lakeside Dr, Amarillo, TX 79118 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Airport)   |
Ranked #58 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Denton, Texas
“OK place to stay if you are looking for a lower price range room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Staff was friendly and helpful, no problem at all with the staff during our stay. The motel has seen better days. It is getting old and there are some maintenance issues that should be addressed. We had some paint peeling and bubbled near the tub. This is due to people not pulling the shower curtain completely, but a few hours work by a maintenance crew and the issue would be taken care of for a couple more years. The bedspread had a hole in the top layer due to its age, but the blanket and sheets were OK. Thin sheets, but clean and no holes. Towels are clean but thin. It was over 100 degrees outside, but we arrived to a cool room. AC worked well and quietly though the night. We did not eat the free breakfast but went to McDonalds next door. There was a smell around the motel, but I think it is more just that area in Amarillo rather than a smell from the motel. So, yes, if I was looking for a lower price motel in Amarillo, I would consider this one again. Price on sign was advertised starting at $39.99, we booked online ahead of time and paid $53; so be careful on pricing. It is more worth the $39 than the $53.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Houston, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I've stayed at alot of no-tell motels because most of my business travel is in the oil patch, and it's hard to find quality accomodations. This place is high on my list of dumps. There's no excuse for the general lack of service, filthiness, and poor safety features of this property. As other contributors have written, there are frayed power cords, loose fixtures and outlets, lack of drainage, and a host of other problems. That was just in my room. My work colleague showered at night, and the bath had not drained by morning. And it's not about money....it's about the owner taking pride in his/her property, and putting in some hard work to correct the problems.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

The sign out front is flashing $39 and that is as low as they’ll go. Bar onsite, Waffle House next door. Interesting signs at the front desk, including their list of places there shuttle goes for free … ABF, (and a couple of other truck lines), the airport, the bus station … and the prisons. 15 locations listed in all. Anywhere else is $10 or more.

Only surprise at the front desk was when I asked a question, I was told that they had “already told me that.” ;)

This is an older motel, stairs is showing it’s age but it clearly caters to to truckers and the working class. Lots of truck parking plus the Pilot next door.

One ‘first’ for the room, the floor wasn’t flat, it was like it was warped under the carpet. Pictures say the rest.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
goa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I was driving with my brother in law to New Mexico and had to find a place to stay for the night. The price for single occupancy was $29.99 and jumped to $52 because we requested for twin beds. This was a major bummer. Other than that, both the beds were big enough to have couples on them; the rooms were clean, there was coffee in the lobby and a modest complimentary breakfast. But I have learnt; we shall not break journey in amarillo anymore; it is cheaper to stay at other places where the prices do not double just beacuse of double occupancy. The Inn is close to the highway which ensures a rather early morning wake-up.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
NorthWest, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

After years traveling the U.S., this is the first negative review I have ever written.
Summer 2009,a wonderful trip with my bride, 40 nights away from home, however this motel was the pits!
We had enjoyed an outstanding performance of "Texas" at Palo Duro Canyon and with reservations made previously we checked in at America's Best Value Inns at I-40 and Lakeside after 10:00 pm. We should have kept on moving.
The welcome: The lobby shared a dimly lit open bar/tavern with 4 or 5 customers watching our entrance. (Amenities lists a lounge nearby. That's for sure!)
The back entrance light was burned out, had to return to the front desk to locate the correct doorway and then could hardly find the keylock slot.
The room was obviously dirty and smelled bad. We found: two dirty and clogged sinks that drained very slowly. Hair dryer didn't work. Shower curtain rod trim was broken and falling into the tub. Toilet was so loose on the floor I'm surprised it wasn't leaking onto the floor. Why didn't we leave earlier !!??
The listed "Deluxe Continental Breakfast" next morning: The small breakfast room was crowded with two families, no additional seating, the room was a mess, a sty, and by observation it was NOT "A DELUXE Continental Breakfast"!
Following several phone calls and e-mails with ABVI Guest Relations and with the "Head of Operations in Amarillo, Mr. C.P.", we did not receive any satisfaction with this very poor experience. Mr. C.P. did, via e-mail, apologize for our inconvenience and did offer: "I would like to make things right with you by offering you one free night's stay at our hotel the next time you are in Amarillo". Thanks but no thanks, we would rather sleep in our car , should there be a next time.
This was our first experience with any ABVI facility. There are always many, many accommodations available throughout the U.S. I do not anticipate ever considering another ABVInn based on such poor corporate assistance with this horrible stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Upland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

After checking in I went to the room to find mold in the bathroom and walls that were crumbling. I took photographs which I sent to the propery manager and also Guest Relations for the chain. After 3 weeks I have yet to hear from the property manager. The sign also advertised one rate and I was charged 25% more for a single. I would avoid this property.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — mold in bathroom
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever been to. There was catfood all over the floor, among other things. The bathroom looked as though it had never been cleaned and was in disrepair. I would not stay here again even if you paid me. I would rather sleep in my car. Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Amarillo Airport? Share your experiences!