“bring the pets and enjoy the comfort” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Houston, Texas
“bring the pets and enjoy the comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Decided to try this location since we pass through Amarillo several times a year on our way to Colorado. We brought our dogs this time and found there aren't alot of hotels in Amarillo that are pet friendly. My Diamond status with Hilton does me no go since they don't have any pet freindly hotels around. The rooms are smaller than a Homewood but bigger than the Residence in Loveland (Queen beds vs Full beds). Lots of folks traveling through as well we found out a breakfast. Quiet rooms and clean bathrooms. We'll be back to this location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here for a quick little weekend trip with my family of 5. The afternoon check-in was busy but very quick. Everyone enjoyed our room (we stayed in a two bedroom suite) and especially enjoyed the fireplace. We made good use of the indoor pool and I was happy to see the staff restock the pool towels several times during our many pool trips. The breakfast was well stocked and we were very happy to have our Texas shaped waffles complete with fruit topping and whipped cream.

My only discomfort was the bed and found rest eluded me during this stay. My one quibble in another otherwise great stay. My family and I are big fans of Residence Inns and this stay reinforces that!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The facility looked new, and provided a very enjoyable stay. The services was warm and friendly, the beds were very comfortable, and the property is conveniently located near I-40. They had a manager's reception that evening, and provided a free breakfast the following morning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

When walking to our room there was a foul odor in the hall.  I hoped it wasn't a sign of the cleanliness of the hotel.

The size of the room was perfect.  I wish I could say the same about the cleanliness.   There was thick dust on the air vents in the bedroom,  dirty baseboards (especially in bathrooms), and lipstick left on a glass in the kitchen cabinet.

The basketballs were flat, without any air pumps.

We felt that they were not prepared for morning guests at the breakfast buffet.  We were waiting on food, refill waffle mix, and syrup. The cranberry juice was not working. Our family enjoyed both the mini & Texas shaped waffles (endless toppings available), parfait yogurts, boiled eggs, and scrambled eggs. It was nice having hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available any time during our stay (not just during breakfast).

The gas fireplace in the room was nice.  We did enjoy the indoor pool and exercise room, as well.

The staff were friendly.

Housekeeping really needs to be re-trained!

Convenient location, right off the highway.
Nice to know you have the option of bringing our dog.

• Stayed March 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Txlineman,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn Amarillo. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your in room fireplace and our complimentary breakfast. Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness of your room. What you described is unacceptable, and I will be following up with my housekeeping staff to ensure any deficiencies are corrected. I do hope that you will offer us another opportunity to host you so that we can show you what our hotel is truly capable of.

Lorrie R.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed for a night on a road trip recently. The hotel was nice, currently furnished and extremely clean/ well kept. The complimentary water, coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby were perfect while checking in. The pool and hot tub are clean and warm. They are indoors with the small, but nice exercise room. Note, the pool is under 4 feet deep all over. The room was was great and included: a spacious couch (that folds out into a full size bed), desk, flat screen tv, kitchenette (full size fridge/freezer, two burner stove, microwave, sink, dishwasher, pots, plates, silverware, etc), seperate room with closing door (contained king bed & flat screen tv), bathroom and vanity with spacious closet, drawers, etc. The beds, pillows and linens were great. Only negative was the lack of blankets. We called for additional ones bc the beds were not very warm ( we are hot natured, so this is saying something). They did not have any additional blankets and our room wouldn't warm above 64 degrees all night. It was a cold night in Amarillo, too. That said, I would still stay here again in a heartbeat. The breakfast was nice as well. Plenty of choices, healthy and hearty. The Texas shaped waffles were a nice touch. Offerings were eggs (scrambled or boiled), sausage, bicquits, gravy, potatoes, toast, bagels, waffles (lots or great toppings), oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, milks and juices.

Stayed March 2014
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

From check in to check out this trip was a pleasure! The front desk staff was efficient and attentive. My room was clean and comfortable. They had just replaced the mattresses and so sleep was a dream. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Close to most anything you might need. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Galveston Island, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have never started a review by complimenting the housekeeping staff, but I have never stayed in a cleaner, better maintained room. Carolyn seemed like she was always there to assist with extra towels or anything else.

I was fortunate to stay in a two-room suite and it was just gorgeous. I never expected to have a fireplace in my room for the very reasonable rate. I was able to entertain friends I hadn't seen in a while in my room with plenty of room and atmosphere.

I also LOVED the spacious vanity with all the storage. I was able to unpack for me weekend stay and have everything where I needed it and still have room to move and get ready. That is so nice (and unexpected) in a hotel room.

The location was perfect also. Located on I40 on the west end of Amarillo, we were close to the mall, the best restaurants and getting back to the hotel was always very convenient. Although I didn't need it, the hotel is also located very close to the Medical Center too and with the comfort and size of the rooms would be a perfect place to stay if coming to Amarillo for that purpose.

The breakfast was yummy with an abundance of healthy options in addition to regular offerings.

Thank you Lorri (your name was on the very nice letter welcoming me to my stay) and crew for a wonderful stay! I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Amarillo? Share your experiences!