“Best 6 ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 - West

You added Motel 6 - West to your Saves list
Motel 6 - West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2032 Paramount Blvd, I-40 & Exit 68A Julian Blvd/Paramount Blvd, Amarillo, TX 79109 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn - West)   |
Ranked #46 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Mossy Head, Florida
“Best 6 ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had to check in an hour early because of the 50 MPH winds nearly bowing us off the road. Front desk and manager was extremely nice, gave us a really good room with a king bed at a reasonable rate. Has a nice roomy bathroom and tub. I recommend this Motel 6. Bed is a little hard, but I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 - West, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - West Amarillo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mac Patel
GM
Motel 6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

arrived late & needed a place to crash for the night with my best friend heading off i40. sheets were dirty. there was a burn hole in my comforter.the bathroom towels were so gross I didn't even use them because they were stained yellow and spotted. I used my own. bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months.they offer free coffee in lobby in morning..woo hoo (not). Stairs were far away from my room and car. You can hear every little thing on porch outside people woke me up all morning including maid that walked in in me! I slept with one eye open...beware!

• Stayed April 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at many motel 6 trying to save some cash. This was not up to par, spend money and stay somewhere else in Amarillo. Bad neighborhood. Poor rooms, not clean at all. Not even close to "modern renovated" just because they put in laminate floors.

• Stayed March 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed there february 18th. Upon leaving we popped our trunk to put luggage in. After we left we stopped in tulsa oklahoma to fill up and noticed that our trunk lid had been hit. We immediately called motel 6 And reported what happened. The desk clerk Kristen told us no problem our security camera is pointed directly where your car was parked however you will have to call back tomorrow because our general manager mack is the only one who reviews the tapes. I did this and I was told by the desk clerk that mack was not in again. After explaining what happened The clerk told me that I was out of luck because they erase the tape everyday. She said I should have done something sooner. What a joke. I then called their corporate office and they said that they are not responsible however they would have a corporate official call me. That has not happend either. This corporation sucks. I guess you get what you pay for. They will leave the light on for you but not your vehicle.

• Stayed February 2014
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 - West, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest:

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to the back of your car got hit and the paint got damaged. As I explained you on the phone about camera pointing towards car which I saw all night recording for that particular night but I did not see anyone hitting your back of car according to recordings.

Again please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that this incident will not occur in the future. We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Mac (GM)
Gainesville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've stayed in quite a few Motel 6. This is by far the worse. Dirty dirty dirty. This motel 6 has continually gotten worse and worse in cleanliness. The front desk help are very nice and accommodating. It's a good location and easy to get to.

Room Tip: Don't stay long. I felt very safe.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were passing through Texas and needed a place to sleep during a snow storm. We have pets, so we are accustomed to getting the worst rooms. I hate paying $3 for internet service and really wish they would do away with that stupid policy. The floors were a fake bamboo laminate, but it was snowing and there was nothing to wipe our feet on and muck was tracked everywhere. The heat wouldn't adjust properly and we nearly roasted. It was very loud and noisy all night and sounded like a herd of elephants above us. The kicker was the following morning, when trying to get aforementioned pet out from under the bed and we found an empty condom wrapper.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

we stayed there for a night on our way to Colorado from Texas. To be honest I wasn't expecting anything good but the room turned out to be very clean and nice. it was large enough and there was even a safe inside the room. The towels weren't that clean though.
another problem was that the fan was not automatic so it was either very cold or very hot and we ended up turning it off completely.
overall, for the price we paid it was a very good deal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 - West, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay in Amarillo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mac Patel
GM
Motel 6

Been to Motel 6 - West? Share your experiences!