“Typical Motel 6” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 - West

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 - West to your Saves list
Motel 6 - West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2032 Paramount Blvd, I-40 & Exit 68A Julian Blvd/Paramount Blvd, Amarillo, TX 79109 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn - West)   |
Ranked #45 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Typical Motel 6”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were passing through Texas and needed a place to sleep during a snow storm. We have pets, so we are accustomed to getting the worst rooms. I hate paying $3 for internet service and really wish they would do away with that stupid policy. The floors were a fake bamboo laminate, but it was snowing and there was nothing to wipe our feet on and muck was tracked everywhere. The heat wouldn't adjust properly and we nearly roasted. It was very loud and noisy all night and sounded like a herd of elephants above us. The kicker was the following morning, when trying to get aforementioned pet out from under the bed and we found an empty condom wrapper.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

we stayed there for a night on our way to Colorado from Texas. To be honest I wasn't expecting anything good but the room turned out to be very clean and nice. it was large enough and there was even a safe inside the room. The towels weren't that clean though.
another problem was that the fan was not automatic so it was either very cold or very hot and we ended up turning it off completely.
overall, for the price we paid it was a very good deal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 - West, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay in Amarillo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Bryan, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I made a reservation and paid before checking out the room first. It was filthy. The phone, front door, air conditioning unit looked like it had never been cleaned. The front door opened when not locked with the dead bolt. The shower looked like it had rust or mold on it. There was food from a guest before me in the trashcan. The pillow was so dirty it was brown. When I spoke with the front desk and went to speak with her I asked "Would you sleep on this?" She said "I would if it had a pillow case on it." Finally she agreed to replace it with 2 small clean pillows. The linens were quite old and used. The blanket seemed at least 20 years old. I was so uncomfortable there I couldn't sleep or wait for the morning to leave.
When calling the manager later he said we could have a discount next time we stayed. I found that completely unacceptable. Some Motel 6's are very clean and nice THIS was not one of them!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 - West, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest:

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that this incident will not occur in the future. We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Mac (GM)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We were here a total of 6 hours as we just needed to sleep while driving through. I was paranoid but the room wasn't as bad as I expected for the very low price. It was clean and ok for a night. I was able to take a hot shower and it's pet friendly. Keep expectations low- if you want a nice room with a comfy bed and amenities go to different chain for twice the cost. If you just need a place to sleep then get on the road this is fine.

• Stayed November 2013
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 - West, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - West Amarillo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Went there on my way to Santa Fe. Property was not very well lit in the back. Checkin area reaked of machine heat. Room was ok.. fair for the price and about Motel 6 standard.... cable was the highlight. Bathroom was clean and towels were basically kitchen towel size (also std for Motel 6). I might go again or push on past it. Not a family place.... guys traveling or solo. I wouldn't stay there if I were a woman by myself. Get there, sleep, leave early.

• Stayed August 2013
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We really liked this one, nice new rooms, great service, lot's of places to eat nearby, great place to stay for a good price .. next to the interstate and close to Route 66 ....the Big Texan is nearby too, a must stop .... :)

Room Tip: Go here ... you'll like it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 - West, responded to this review, August 17, 2013

Westcliffe, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Dreadful room, worn out linens, bugs, and what is that floor made of? No amenities, paid for wifi but only one of us could use it at a time, Noisy, well-worn and just tacky. I thought about sleeping in the car but it was too hot, so froze in the room. Never again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 - West? Share your experiences!