“Great until breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Wayne, Michigan
“Great until breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is nice...the gentleman at the front desk was amazing and very helpful...the stay was comfortable and safe...i couldn't wait for the free hot breakfast...i would have to wait and wait though. The breakfast staff failed to account for the sold out hotel guest count and ran out of everything...took 25 min just for eggs to get done...very disappointed. But if u do not care about the breakfast then its a perfect hotel

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
ElPaso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was very optimistic going here and even more so when I saw my room next to the executive suites. What I found out was they shoved me into the executive broom closet. This room was awful. Stains on the bed, stains on the floor, tv from 1985 that made a squealing sound, air conditioner barely blew cold air and sounded like a harley davidson and a bathroom so small you had to get into the tub to shut the door. The bed was hard as a rock and full of springs poking me all night which wasn't that bad since I barely slept. The breakfast area was full of construction workers each sitting at their own table so I can't say what breakfast was because I didn't go in due to a lack of seating. Needless to say next time I'll stay somewhere else...anywhere else.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

On first look it appears to have been renovated fairly recently. Breakfast bar is long and narrow and becomes quite congested - poor planning on someone's part. Food was good, but they need a new toaster - one side doesn't work.
During the night the air conditioning is turned off by management and it became very hot and stuffy. In the morning it took a very long time for hot water to start. In fact, my shower was only tepid. My spouse who showered after me said water temp was fine. I feel it's another cost cutting ploy as was cutting off the air conditioning. Shower curtain was installed too high and it barely stayed inside the tub. There is a card offering to sell you various items in the room like towels ($20 each? Kinda high priced for the quality), bed spread, alarm, etc. basically it came across to me as a threat - if you are thinking of taking anything you can expect to receive a bill.
The sound proofing quality is terrible. People above us decided to pack up and take showers at 2:30 am. This went on until 4:00. I realize the motel has no control over something like this, but if there was proper sound insulation it would not have been so disturbing.
The building was another brand motel before Comfort Inn took it over. I am quickly becoming disillusioned with the Comfort Inn brand. They are slipping in quality, not what they used to be. I cannot recommend staying at this particular motel. Very tired this morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Largo, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was a very nice hotel. Very clean, very comfortable & the staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't get in till late in the evening but everyone was very friendly & willing to help. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was our second stay at this Comfort Inn. The hotel was not as clean as I would have wished. The front desk, while very nice, gave one of our rooms to someone else as well as us. We didn't feel safe after they walked in. The front desk did apologize but was very confused about the room situation. We booked 3 suites and were given only one. I will not use this Comfort Inn again.

Room Tip: Call ahead to be sure you get a suite if you reserved one.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is my second stay on this Comfort Inn and it is one of the nicest motels at a good price. The rooms are large, the beds very comfortable, the air condition works great, and the room and premises are very clean. Very nice furniture and large flat screen television. The motel is conveniently located on I-40 near several restaurants and shopping. Cracker Barrel is within walking distance and we made a trip to the Big Texan Steak Ranch a few miles down on 1-40. My wife is picky and she said this motel was excellent in all aspects.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is in a pretty seedy area, but the hotel itself is nice. Our queen suite was modern and comfortable and the price was good. Hotel was clean and all that I saw was in good condition. Staff was nice and helpful. Only negative is the area it is in, but once you are inside the hotel you don't feel that. I commend this staff for maintaining quality in a less-than-quality area. That is unusual to find. When we drove up, I expected to find a mess inside but this hotel gave us a good surprise!

Stayed June 2014

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!