“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 67 hotels in Amarillo
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel provided a nice clean base for 1 night whilst travelling Route66 in May. The room was clean with a large comfortable bed, the pool, spa and fitness room were clean and sufficient. The breakfast was a good start to the day. We planned to have a real Texan steak at the Big Texan Steak Ranch but this is at least a 25 minute drive away and after travelling all day we couldn't be bothered.(We also heard that the place is a gluttonous food fest) so decided to avoid it and we're completely satisfied by the Hoffbrau Steakhouse that was 2 doors along.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel room was clean. Our room had 2 beds in it. The beds were horrible. The pool needed to be cleaned. The hot tub was not in service. Breakfast the next morning was awful. I usually don't write bad reviews. The price we were charged was over $100.00. Even the children didn't sleep well. We use Choice hotels often. This hotel was not up to the standards we have found at other Choice hotels. Other than the pool needing cleaning, the hotel was clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

The NEW Lounge is a good addition! Quite clean accommodation. More space then normal comfort inns! Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2012
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I recently stayed overnight at this hotel. The room was clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable. The staff was very nice too. I would recommend this hotel if you are passing through Amarillo.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this Comfort Inn on March 18, 2012. We paid 75.00 a night plus taxes so the price seemed reasonable. I will give the positives first. We had a King room which was nice sized with a sofa, a desk with chair, and a bar area with a microwave and a refrigerator. The room and bathroom were clean. The bed was very comfortable. Now for the negatives beginning with very thin walls between the rooms. The neighbor next to us stayed up half the night talking on the phone. We could hear his conversation in our room which was right next door to us. There were also people in the hallway making lots of noise too. After talking with the people in the hallway I called the front desk to report the disturbance. They said they would check on it for me and get them to quiet down. One problem with the noise issue was that the doors to the room are very heavy and bang loudly when guests shut them. I did call the front desk one more time to report the noise from the room next to us. I gave them the actual room number and the front desk called the guest in the room to ask him to quiet down. I could hear his conversation with the front desk from our room. Comfort Inn is responsible for building their hotels with better sound proof construction. I seriously doubt I will stay in a Comfort Inn again. The other negative was the breakfast which is considered a full breakfast. The eggs were powdered, the bananas overly ripe, the waffles were raw in the center, and the yogurt was some off brand that wasn't tasty. I had the coffee and the juice. My husband tried the bisquits, sausage, and gravy. He was o.k. with these items. On other negative was using the WIFI. It seemed very difficult to use. After such a restless night with inadequate sleep I was a little crabby. I spoke with the front desk to let them know I was unhappy with the stay. Their comment was "we can't control what the other guests do." To their credit they did call the guest causing the noise. They also had added a "use of safe" charge for 1.50. I made them take it off my bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Hopefully they have one. At least you are on record for requesting one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hotel was great, from beginning to end. The room smelled amazing, was extremely clean, the staff was great, everything was wonderful. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel a few times over the years when we visit family. This time was bad. We walked in around 11:00 AM and asked for a room. We checked in and walked straight to the room and started to smell mold or mildew as we made our way down the hall. We walked into our room and the smell was horrible. We went to the front desk and for a refund, they said we had already checked in and there was nothing they could do unti lthey spoke to a GM who was out for the day. We left and went to the Ashmore Inn and Suites. This was my first time to stay there and it was great. The manager finally refunded our money after complaining to the corporate office and VISA.

Room Tip: Don't get one on the first floor. The whole floor stinks
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!