“I wish they had negative numbers to rate this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Alvin
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 East Highway 6, Alvin, TX 77511   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Alvin
Alvin, Texas
“I wish they had negative numbers to rate this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The only pleasant thing about my stay was the girl at the desk who quit the day I checked in. They said there was a pool, but didn't say they let dogs swim in it. I checked out 1 day short of the week I booked and when I left the pool water was turning green. The carpet was soiled and frayed. The microwave and house phone didn't work; the fridge was dirty and the water at the tap wreaked of chlorine. Some of the guest looked like addicts and I kept the door locked and my gun at my bedside. There is a "No refund" policy (unlike most Wyndham hotels), and I was more than willing to lose the money for the day I didn't stay so I could check into the Super 8 off 35. It cost a bit more, but is like a castle compared to the Knights Inn. Oh the Knights Inn also had a Chinese Restaurant once, but the Health Dept. shut it down; someone should do the same to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had to change rooms, first room(1st floor) was a stinky moldy smokers room, complete with cockroaches. 2nd room (2nd floor facing the pool) took about 3 hours to get the room cold/air conditioned. The a/c sounded like an 18 wheelers engine running. Sink had bad peeling from being painted over. Bed bugs for sure in the pillows. Mosquitos in the room. Lumpy box spring mattress. Bad water damage throughout the room. OLD carpet. Microwave wasn't plugged in. Right across the street is a TRAIN track and the trains sounded their horns ALL night. Holes in the sheets, they were at least clean. NO milk for breakfast, but they had 2 sugared cereals to choose from. No dining room, 1 table with 2 chairs outside the sign in desk. Bad reception on the television, I couldn't see ABC TV channel clearly.

Room Tip: There are 2 newer hotels within a mile of here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

this place smells, like mold, the bed had Bed Bugs under the pillow. the sheets had blood spots all over it and the front desk clerk didn't help he said there was nothing can be done and would not refund my money..He was very rude ! so i just left and drove to pearland and had a nice 3 day stay at the sleep inn

Room Tip: stay somwhere else
Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

this place isn't the best but it's a decent place for the price. Tv, bed, shower... It's not a holiday inn. But it's fine just to get rest and relax.

• Stayed March 2011
Daventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I have stayed in worse places but only because I have had to sleep rough in the past. I fairness the room was clean but that is about all you can say.
The shower worked but wasn’t exactly powerful. The water in the tap was a strange off white colour, toilet more drained gently away than flushed and the sink appeared to have some lovely fungus growing through the paintwork.
The bedspread had holes in it... as did the shower wall and the curtains. The air conditioner was not only noisy but seemed to only have three settings ‘arctic and loud’ and ‘very noisy and even more arctic’ and ‘off but still quite noisy’.
The facilities included a semi-cold fridge (Possibly it had given up in despair after seeing the overzealous work of the air con) a television that boasted HBO (but only showed HBO static) and what was apparently a coffee maker. I assumed it was a coffee maker but I couldn’t swear to it because the brown stuff that came out was nothing I have ever tasted before.
The advertised amenities included a swimming pool and wi-fi. This is clearly some new usage of the word amenities that has recently been introduced. The swimming pool was described by one of our party as looking as if it was full of Gatorade, this was probably the cause of the health warning on the padlocked gate. The wi-fi on the other hand did work... well provided you were prepared to trek to the reception area where you got a weak signal.
It said continental breakfast was included but having seen the room and facilities I gave it a miss. I am told that it consisted of bread and a waffle.
The people were quite nice on arrival and, in fairness, it was cheap - but not worth it. So if you intend to stay here pop in, say hi the friendly staff, then go somewhere better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed at the rooms in the middle by the pool.Let me tell you,it was nasty but it was 1am and we were all tired,and kids.Never again will I stay here,the carpet at adjoining rooms was wet.My room the bottom of the tub was black.Both rooms smelled like mold.Commode didnt even flush well.We checked out and found another place to stay.I never really went by trip advisor but I guarantee I will take the advice of others now!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Our experience was bad. The first room we stayed in wasn't very clean; there was rust in the bathroom sink; the room was dark and musty-smelling; the entrance door wouldn't close properly; It had to be slammed hard to close.
The second day the a/c wouldn't work. When I called the desk and asked for help, the clerk sounded confused and said, "I don't know what to do." He finally offered another room. That room wasn't any cleaner than the first, but the a/c did work. However, in the second room, the microwave which is wired into the refrigerator, would not turn off. It "ticked" constantly. We turned the dial to "off" and in a few seconds it would start up again. It was right next to the bed and was intolerable.
The rooms are so crowded, There's too much furniture. it's hard to get around. The table has two chairs but there's no room to sit at the table. There's no place to put a suitcase except on the bed. Also, the head of the bed was about 4 inches lower than the foot. The sheets had holes. The TV had apparently been changed because there was an old TV base on the dresser. There were holes drilled in the furniture. There was no bedside lamp on one side of the bed.
The two rooms we saw look nothing like the pictures of the rooms in their website. And there was a loud train that went through close by during the night, blowing its horn. The parking lot is only partially paved and is very dusty. There were only about 8-10 TV stations and the guide on top of the TV had wrong channel numbers.
We disliked the place so much, we went home a day early, and of course, their policy says no refunds for early departure. There must be a lot of people who leave this place early.
I would not recommend this place to anyone. We saw other nicer motels down the street.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Alvin? Share your experiences!