“Easy to recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inns & Suites

You added Scottish Inns & Suites to your Saves list
Scottish Inns & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 East Hwy 6, Alvin, TX 77511 (Formerly Rodeway Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Alvin
Fort Worth
“Easy to recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Visited on 2/18/2012. Drove down from Fort Worth...was departing on cruise out of Galveston on 2/19. Galveston hotels very pricey...maybe due to Mardi Gras weekend. Nice room...clean. Good continental breakfast...had waffle maker. Front desk very friendly...very reasonably priced. Felt like a valued customer. Excellent value for the cost. Good burgers and malts to the west at Morton's Malt and Burgers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Taylor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I made a BIG mistake and locked my keys in the trunk of my car on the morning of Sunday, Feb 12 when my mother and I were to catch a ship out of Galveston. Jaydeep and Sarah, the proprietors of Rodeway Inn, stayed with me the whole 3 hours and made many phone calls trying to get help to get my car unlocked. Jaydeep stood out in the freezing weather for 3 hours helping the locksmith. When it was obvious the Hyundai dealership was not going to be able to help me on a Sunday, Jaydeep's precious father, Jay, drove my mother and I to buy new cloths and luggage so we could make our ship in time and offered to keep our car on their lot for free for the whole week. They even offered to carry my mother and I to Galveston! This is our 2nd stay at Rodeway in Alvin. We already knew it was a super nice hotel with beautiful rooms, but I cannot say enough about the Bhatt family's kindness to me on that awful morning. They are truly special people with sympathy beyond measure and my mother and I cannot thank you enough, Jaydeep, Sarah, and Jay for all your help! Kudos and thank you! I only wish you would have taken the money we tried to give you for all your help to us. God's blessings to you for a lifetime!

Room Tip: We've stayed in 2 different rooms and both were lovely and very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lufkin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Nice clean room ,, (even the corners).
business center and faxing was available.
The Lady at check-in was "AWESOME" I did'nt have a reservation but she got me a good non-smoking room down stairs.

If I come back this way again I will definantly call ahead for reservations.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I came her to stay at this hotel, it was cheap, but they didn't take pets. It was a wonderful room, nice and very clean.the staff was very nice to me as well. I really enjoyed this hotel.Just not enough parking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

This is the best Hotel ever seen in my life. They have a very good services and staff is friendly too. Also a very good continental breakfast. Must visit here to stay if possible.

Room Tip: Try to book a Jacuzzi Suite at any cost. This is really a huge room, very clean. Hats off for this r...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I needed a cheap place to spend the night after my high school reunion, before driving back home 240 miles away. I felt very lucky that the most convenient lodgings were also the very best I could imagine, clean, fresh, comfortable.. The proprietor was totally customer-service oriented, and made me feel like some sort of celebrity guest. You know the industry standard "continental breakfast" of cold donuts and a pot of stale burnt coffee? Forget it! At this establishment you get fresh coffee, tea, or cocoa, pastries, two kinds of cereal, a nice assortment of pastries, 3 kinds of juice, milk, and Belgian waffles you can bake yourself in 2 minutes, or if you are like me and don't notice the instructions on the baking machine, the proprietor will come in and make and serve them to you himself. Conveniently located on Hwy 6, easy access to Houston and Galveston without being actually in the big city, I'm coming back here when I visit the Galveston Moody Gardens.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into the hotel.At a great rate,$60 a night I was expecting tiny,semi clean room. NO!! The hotel is immaculate,staff was great! My room has a small living room area with seatee,coffee table.The furniture look like high end wood,desk,entertainment center with drawers,fridge,microwave.Carpet is clean as well as fresh linens,fan folded towels.The dressing area is large,ironing board plenty of mirrors,granite counters,coffee maker,ironing board. Bathroom has granite with curved shower curtain.Outside the hotel is nice and clean,nice pool area and complimentary breakfast. The hotel is on hwy 6 near 35,about 30 minutes to Galveston or Nasa. Its like a home away from home!! Would recommend rodeway in Alvin to family/friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Scottish Inns & Suites? Share your experiences!