“Great Stay @ the S-8” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Alvin

You added Super 8 Alvin to your Saves list
Super 8 Alvin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1535 South Bypass 35, Alvin, TX 77511 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Alvin
Tomball
“Great Stay @ the S-8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Excellent service and rooms. Everyone I dealt with at this hotel were very friendly, got me everything I asked for and seemed glad to do it. I originally booked it for a couple days but stayed a week. I highly recommend this hotel when you are in this area. Locally owned and the manager is very helpful and friendly. Rooms have high ceilings and are large. Good clean pool with a waterfall was a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
peel, arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I come into the Houston/Alvin area every couple of months and have stayed at a number of different places between Deer Park, Houston, Alvin and Pearland. Alvin was always a little farther from the business we needed to attend to but one time we had to attend to some in Alvin and stayed at the Super 8. They had just changed over from the previous owners and Name. Gave us a good price and decided to try them. What a pleasant surprise. It has gotten better with each and every visit. The staff and the owner couldn't be more courteous, helpful and go out of their way to make your stay with them a good one. The rooms and beds are always good and comfortable. The rooms are very clean and they take a lot of pride in keeping them up and making them better. We stay there a week every couple of months now and each stay is better than the one before. Breakfast is always a plus and usually something for everyone. On the bypass and easy to get anywhere. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay at an affordable price. Did I also tell you ther is great parking for any type of vehicle including the 18 wheelers. Charlie and Audrey

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there for a couple days around Christmas and were quite impressed. Greeted by a very polite and thorough check-in person, found the room large and clean, and the breakfast was fantastic. Overall, we were very happy with our stay. Oh, yes....the rate was very reasonable. Great value!

• Stayed December 2011
Round Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is my first stay at a Super 8 chain and it was for 1 night. I didn't expect to get much for my money but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. The room was spacious, lots of lighting and very clean. The king bed was very comfortable and their WiFi worked well and fast.

The only complaint I have is that the lobby and breakfast area was too hot and humid for me. It has been a very hot summer in TX and a cold lobby would have been nice. It was hard to enjoy the coffee at breakfast because the room was so uncomfortably warm. I just left and went back to my cold room.

The couple who run the place are very nice and I believe they want to please the guests. I would stay here again because it was very clean, which is very important to me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

At first we thought it to be a regular motel with not so clean beds and rooms. But after we landed there, it was quite a pleased surprise. The hotel is maintained in order and the staff was courteous. We liked the service provided by the management and were joyful to stay. The room was tidy with good curtains and a neat, clean bed. The bath tub was quite spacious and towels were also fresh. The breakfast was also grand with so many varieties to munch on. Unlike other places, this one had a separate room where you can sit, relax and have your breakfast. If you prefer to eat outside, some of the famous restaurants like Taco Bell, China Buffet, etc., are available within few yards from this location. All together, it is a good and safe place to stay. We would certainly come back when we get a chance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Alvin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We have been staying here since January of this year once a weekend once a month. We are always satisfied with the service we recieve from the front desk personel Ms. Rhonda. The only disatisfaction we have is the swimming pool considering the blazing heat.unfortunatley is closed. Thank You and we look forward to our continuing visits.
The Browns.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
gm_super8alvin, General Manager at Super 8 Alvin, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you for your loyalty. We value your review and apologize that the pool was closed during your last stay. Unfortunately the pool didn't meet the requirements of new State Law and we had to close the pool untill it's fixed but we are working on it as soon as possible.
Super 8
General Manager.

Been to Super 8 Alvin? Share your experiences!