“The Maverick Majestic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Alpine B&B and Inns
Fort Worth, Texas
“The Maverick Majestic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived on a Sunday to stay in Alpine for three nights. He booked the hotel, so I really knew nothing about it. When we arrived at the Maverick, I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. The rustic feel of the stucco and cactus decor were very inviting; tons of character and charm, as one reviewer put it. The rooms are very nice and feels like a home rather than a stuffy hotel room; not to mention, outside the rooms are so many beautiful areas to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and the stars. The rooms are military clean and the housekeeping staff are top-notch, nice people. Mark has done an excellent job of choosing his staff as they are all very friendly and laid back. Being there for three nights I truly felt like this was my home. We used their complimentary gas grill one day by the pool and they let us get whatever we needed from the kitchen as if it were our own. There are just so many reasons to stay here. All these things though would not have stood out so positively if not for Mark and his amazing team. Staying here was truly the proverbial cake icing of our trip and I CANNOT wait to go back and take my mother and daughter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Tami,
You are so kind, I'm nearly embarrassed with ALL your kind remarks. As you experienced-IT REALLY IS THE STAFF! What a team I have been blessed with! I'm real excited about you getting your mom and daughter out here. Majestic is a term I know that has not been used for the Maverick, but I love it! I hope to meet mom soon...Mark

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Everybody was friendly...breakfast was excellant, fresh daily homemade baked goods. No rush to wake you up to eat...it was available when you wanted a snack also! Hospitality was excellant, and was advised where to go and enjoy the sights and museums. Had a great time watching the Marfa Lights...we had an active viewing of them on a Moonless night, had a great view of the Milky Way Galaxy. We had a great time driving around taking pictures of the Mountains and sights around Ft. Davis and the McDonald Observatory. Not a Long Drive to Ft. Davis and Marfa...We are definitely coming back to The Maverick Inn, we are making future trips to visit Big Bend National Park...We heard the Mountians were Magnificent and Majestic...towering above everything! We Loved the Peacefulness of not having a phone in the room...what for...we went for the relaxation away from the City hassel, you cell phone will Text anyway. Plus we loved crusing the Highway going 85-90 Miles per Hour...Legally!

Room Tip: Just right for the event of being away from it all...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
John,
Thank you very much for a wonderful review and re-cap of your trip and stay with us. I hope we get another opportunity to have you as guests on your future trips and I am so glad y'all had a good night viewing the Marfa Lights, now you can back me up when I say they are real! I'm not quite sure that all of traveling speeds were completely legal, but I sure do love an open road with wide open skies and my foot on the accelerator:-) Thanks again, Mark
Las Cruces
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have been married for 26 years this past July 4th, We took a 4 day vacation to Alpine and surrounding areas, because my husband had lived there as a young man. I wanted something relatively inexpensive, but not a room that looks like all the others. The Maverick Inn fit the requirement perfectly. The management was friendly, and accommodating, We had a huge tub in our room and the bathroom was the size of the bedroom. I will certainly stay there again. Train tracks run behind the establishment and Sul Ross University is directly across the street. They provide ear plugs should you need them.

Room Tip: Has a patio and pool, with pool towels and robes provided.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Les,
Thank you for the review! I really appreciate your comment about the value we have instilled and I am so glad, as a Senior Reviewer you recognized that and passed it on. I hope we see you on your next anniversary trip.
Mark
PS. I really liked the comment about the pool robes, that was a late addition to our amenities!
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Maverick is not the newest or the biggest motel in town, but it just might be the friendliest! We made our reservation in advance based on Trip Advisor research, and were not let down. Location is perfect, across the street fro Sul Ross State University. The front desk was helpful and friendly from the get go, and made us feel right at home. Our room was cozy, had WIFI, coffee, walk in extra large shower , bedding of comfort, and extra high ceiling. The place is an older property, that has been updated, to pass as an a 'Route66" style stop over, and it works. Stay and you won't feel like you have just stopped at another chain motel!

Room Tip: We enjoyed #31...it had an extra bed, where we could throw all our stuff
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you! It always means so much to me when we receive a review from a traveler that has reviewed several other hotels. I also appreciate your compliments on our friendliness. This staff makes me very proud as a manager with the pride they have in make everyone feel special and truly doing whatever it takes to make you comfortable. Thanks again...Mark
Luling, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my second time to stay here while attending the Ranch Rodeo. Our entire team and families stay here where we are all together in one spot. Mark and the entire staff are so helpful and make you feel so welcome. The decor of the rooms and entire grounds area is so attractive. A lot of work had been done in the patio area since last year. Really pretty!! The Inn takes you back in time to the days of the motor hotel but it is certainly many, many steps ahead of that. Pool is great and breakfast is full of delicious fresh pastries. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2013
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Susan,
Thank you soooo much! It is always great to have y'all here and of course Ranch Rodeo fits the Maverick to a "T', so we really appreciate knowing we took good care of you. It is people like y'all that make it all worthwhile when we have a bad day. Thanks again, Mark
PS. I really appreciate you commenting on the courtyard improvements too:-)
Mark
Montreal Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Recognizing that there are a number of fine establishments in Alpine, it is hard to imagine there is a better value than the Maverick Inn. A nice retro-style (but fully updated) motel, each room is uniquely decorated and well thought out. The grounds are very pleasant, and the pool patio is especially well done. Friendly service, an excellent breakfast and great location provide more than enough reason to return (I have stayed there two times a few years apart). There is a train track not far from the property, but the trains have never disturbed me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Well, Thank you to our Canadian friends. Your review is an honor to receive not only as an international traveler, but as a Top Contributor to Trip Advisor. I really appreciate the commendations on the friendly service and excellence in your review title also. Thank you again...Mark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay. Room was lovely. Showerhead could be updated. Although an old drive up motel this inn feels instead like it has mini apartments and your room is serviced just like a hotel. I was able to sleep despite the train passing by. I look forward to returning someday soon.

• Stayed August 2013
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Brenda,
Thank you so much for your review! Just to let you know I am replacing those shower heads thanks to reviews and suggestions such as yours, thanks for that. I am so glad you got that feeling of " Maverick comfort" and we're going to get those trains to quiet down soon and hope to see you again soon...Mark

Been to The Maverick Inn? Share your experiences!