“The BEST motel ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Comfort,TX
“The BEST motel ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I have never stayed at a motel when traveling-always at upscale cabins. We found the Maverick online at the last minute to check out Alpine. WOW! This is even better than any cabin we have ever rented! The staff was super great-even gave us an upgrade with no charge! And really great about our dogs! (we have 2 Blue Heelers and a Kelpie). We will be going back frequently for business now, and the ONLY place we will stay is at the Maverick! Oh, and the rooms are very comfy-beds are great if you have bad backs, like we do, and we loved the trailer that's being fixed up for guests-it's a thing of beauty! A must stay!

Room Tip: Any room is great-but there is a train that comes thru at 3am and 7am. But, there are earplugs in t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Kristina,

Thank you very much, you've put us in an unexplored category with the "Best Ever", thank you so much. I look forward to your return visits and gettin' to know y'all better. Thanks again, Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had such a great experience in Alpine and the hospitality and service at The Maverick Inn was definitely a huge contributing factor to this. The room, although smallish, was super comfortable and clean. I'm more concerned with feeling like I'm not in a "typical" hotel room. I want character and to feel like I'm traveling to wherever it is I'm traveling. The morning breakfasts and coffee were above and beyond as well. I would have to say that most importantly Mark and Debbie were AWESOME!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gosh, you complimented us on so many things I don't know where to begin on my "thank yous"! One thing I do know: The hotel has character, but I don't know if it has more than the characters that work here:-) Thanks Again...Mark
Cologne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Yes, it's all true what you read. The Maverick Inn is a bit away from Big Bend parks, yes, the water pressure is low and yes, the honkin train is quite annoying. But however, as long as you don't realize staying in a dry desert and Americans still can't handle crossing railways in a proper manner, you have to deal with it. I did and had a great time here! The Maverick is one special place, as well as their owners. I stayed a few days and loved it all. Awesome art all over the place, individual rooms, great breakfast with goodies from the recommended local bakery. What else do I need then some lovely southern hospitality?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for the review it is special. You conveyed the feel of our little inn as well as can be done. We have renovated a 1930's "motor court" and it has a couple of challenges, but we love it and do our best to make it "your place" when you visit and I appreciate your candid description very much...Mark
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I just went for our 10 year wedding anniversary and had an amazing time! Mark was so helpful and welcoming to us, we got to check in early and then he had a little gift basket waiting for us in our room, he made us reservations for dinner and had lots of helpful information on the area and things to do. All of the staff was very friendly and made us feel very welcome and at home during our stay. We will definately stay here next time we are in the area. Food was great too!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Jill,
Thank you so much, we were just glad to be a part of a milestone in y'alls life and that good memories were made....Mark
Friendswood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We visited Big Bend for Spring Break and stayed at the Maverick. The motel is very quaint and the staff is very welcoming and helpful. We stayed in 2 rooms (#23 & #24). These are very small rooms with a king bed and a tiny bathroom. We were traveling with our kids, so we put them in their own room. The rooms are not connecting. The breakfast bar was great, there is something for everyone. All the guest would share their adventures and tout each other on 'must sees'. We would grab our breakfast and sit outside on the porch to greet the morning. After a long day of hiking we would sit around the fire pit and discuss the days events and plan for the next day. Very relaxing and enjoyable. It was cold when we were there, so we did not use the pool, but it looked nice. The Wifi was very helpful.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 20-25. You have the street traffice all night and the rooms are tiny. If you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for the review, tips and comments! It thrilled me to hear of all the face-to-face interaction of the morning and evening gatherings during your Spring Break adventure. Thanks for choosing the Maverick! Mark
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We planned to stay at the Maverick on Tuesday and Friday of a trip to Big Bend. Well, when we got there, we were surprised to find out that we didn't have a reservation as thought. We had originally done it on Expedia , then cancelled , then made it again by calling the Maverick directly. I'm not blaming anyone for the glitches reservation. File it under stuff happens.

Tuesday:Our reservations got mixed up and we were unable to stay there. We arrived on spring break week and didn't have a room as we thought. Mark got on the phone and made us reservations at the Holland, a sister property. We enjoyed our stay there and couldn't have done it without him.

Friday: Received a call from Mark again while we were staying in Marathon. He knew that we were a family of four and all he had reserved for us was a single king. I told him it was ok, but he once again hooked us up in a swa-weet room at The Holland.

In short, he took care of us nonguests, going above and beyond what was expected. The Maverick looks like a great place to stay, but the owners actions speak volumes. He called me twice during the week. Thanks Mark. We appreciate everything you did. The Holland was great! Maybe we can stay with you next time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your review on a personal level! My mentor in the hotel business impressed upon me that excuses to travelers were inexcusable, I had a good teacher, so your review and thanks spans a couple of decades and is a tribute to someone who was one of the most influential in my career in hospitality, Thanks so much, Mark
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed a night here on our way to Big Bend. Such a cute little place. The owner and staff were so welcoming. We were traveling with five other families and the staff were very accommodating and welcomed our chaos. :) Lots of attention to detail for a motel in this price range. The kitchen was stocked with lots of goodies. Especially loved the courtyard out back- it was nice to have an area for the kids to burn off some energy.

Several in the group commented that they'd rather spend the entire trip here than moving on to sleeping on the ground in Big Bend! Next time we will stay longer. Thank you Mark and staff!

Cyndi,
Thank you! I hope the remainder of y'alls trip went well. I am so glad we had you here, it felt like we had the whole neighborhood and it brought back fond memories for me of childhood trips our family took with others. We'd love to have you use us a base of operations for your next Big Bend adventure, maybe when the pool's open-I could see the gang gathering there. Mark

Been to The Maverick Inn? Share your experiences!