“Motor inn to a quaint stay.” 4 of 5 stars

The Maverick Inn
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1200 E. Holland Ave., Alpine, TX 79830   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Alpine B&B and Inns
Texas
“Motor inn to a quaint stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Groupon proved to be a great stay and memorable weekend. We stepped back in time to the motor inns of the 50s and 60s. The room was large and comfortable. My husband and I enjoyed a first trip to the Alpine area. The breakfast selection was varied with juice, milk and water available all day. We brought a package of their coffee home. The staff was friendly and helpful with directions and activities. We felt like we were staying with friends and plan to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for the review and mentioning our coffee and I hope your enjoying it. It's always such a pleasure to have those who are reluctant to leave and reading reviews like yours lets us know that we are truly being hospitable. Thanks again...Mark

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at this motel with a group when we came to Alpine for a meeting, and our usual place (the Holland Hotel, owned and managed by the same folks as the Maverick Inn) was full. The Maverick is a wonderful updated classic motel at the east end of town, across the street from Sul Ross State University. The motel features a free breakfast (cereal, bagels, local-made granola, juice, coffee etc.). The four rooms I saw were distinctive, with rustic decor, saltillo tile floors, and various configurations. Mine had a BIG tub (no shower), which I enjoyed. The Maverick is walking distance to restaurants and the heart of Alpine.

On the first night of my three-night stay, I found a stray kitten which I kept in my room. The motel was VERY helpful, leaving a bowl of cat food and a home-made litter box (filled with desert sand) for her! I will definitely return to the Maverick!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Greg,
Thank you for the review! It was good having the whole group here. We especially express our thanks for the mention of our"pet friendliness" and I hope that your kitten is settling in to her new home.
Mark
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My dog and I had a great stay at the Maverick Inn! The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and spotless. They brought a dog bed and biscuits for my furry child! Used my Groupons with ease. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay! Hope to get back there very soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Jennifer,

It was so good to have both you AND Kramer stay with us and I hope you do come back soon. Thank you for the review especially the staff and housekeeping compliments.
Mark
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at The Maverick Inn in Alpine, Texas during our 3500 plus mile road trip. So as I write this, you can tell it was NOT the only hotel we stayed in a 17 day period. I had never been to Alpine before so it was a hit and miss when I made my reservations. I had looked on their website and read about this rustic hotel and was impressed. Sometimes when you read these you wonder if they are true. The rooms were exemplary in a wonderful rustic decor. They were clean, spacious, and peaceful. There is nothing worse than a bad bed to sleep in...THIS WAS NOT THE CASE. It was wonderful. The staff can be extremely proud of their product. I highly recommend this hotel.
G.W. & M.J. Noel

Room Tip: We needed a handicap with king size bed and a walk in shower. They were able to give us a couple of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Marilyn,
I really appreciate your review, in particular your satisfaction with our bedding. Beyond that I want to thank you for conveying to other guest in your tip about the accessibility for a handicap room, since we are not totally barrier free many times we are overlooked by those with special needs.
Thank you again and I hope we may see you in the future...Mark
Moody Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Maverick Inn is exemplary in every way. The rooms are well thought out and beautifully appointed. Alpine is a railroad town, and the Maverick even supplies ear plugs for those not used to train sounds! I didn't use them because I didn't hear a train the entire four days I was there. The staff is ....well, they are perfect. Mark greeted us and he was informative, helpful, thoughtful and funny, and Haadan (probably misspelled, sorry) was very helpful on the weekend. A very nice lady was there during some of our stay. The Maverick has lightening speed internet and an interesting and attractive pool area. Thanks, guys. It was a great getaway and we will see you next year, if not sooner.

Room Tip: We were in the room next to the office. It was a large room with a king and queen bed. The bathroo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
And we'll bee lookin' for ya' next year too...Mark
brenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We are frequent visitors to Alpine. Our daughter attends Sul Ross. This time we went to help put on a cutting horse show at the o6 Ranch. We were offered a free night at the Hampton, but declined because we like the Maverick so much. We took our 5 yr old granddaughter with us. The pool is great, breakfast great. Walking distance to the Eskimo Hut for "adult frozen beverages." We were in Room 23 - bathroom was pretty small. We will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TheMaverickInn, Front Office Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Cary,
It is so heart-warmer to see familiar faces,as it shows our Maverick family comes home every now and again. We are looking forward to your 4th stay here,would like to see how the kids have grown.
Deby
Luling, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in the Maverick Inn while in Alpine for the Big Bend Ranch Rodeo in August. The accomodations are really good- clean, very spacious, and atttractively decorated. The staff very friendly and helpful. Beautiful pool and court yard. They have done a beautiful job of bringing the motor hotel back to life in a very classy way. If you don't stay here, you have missed a real treat in Alpine, Texas.
Susan Allen

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Susan,
Thank you,thank you. One for staying with us and one for your review. We are so pleased that you had a good time here. The enjoyment for us is knowing our guests had a wonderful experience.
Deby

Been to The Maverick Inn? Share your experiences!