“DISAPPOINTING!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Alpine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“DISAPPOINTING!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

After the food debacle in Fort Stockton, we were looking forward to Reata. Our hotel recommended it. The restaurant in a charming location and is very pleasant. The menu and the wine list are small but interesting. The server brought some biscuits to the table which were dry and cold. I ordered a glass of wine from the wine list. While the wine list was small, it had good choices. My husband decided to play it safe and order something every restaurant in Texas knows how to fix -- Chicken Fried Steak. I ordered a wedge salad which was good. My husband's steak was tough. The gravy had no flavor. It was served with mashed potatoes and zucchini. They were also lacking in flavor. The CF steak was $16.00 which I think is high, but we would have been happy if it had been good. We will probably drive the 25 miles to Marfa which has some good restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Great ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

A visiting group of six of us, decided to try Reata's for lunch. The best decision we made for the week. We came after the lunch rush and had to wait for a short while. But the interior foyer was decorated with a lot of movie posters of films made in the area, so we were occupied while waiting.
The restaurant was nicely decorated but we elected to eat outside under a pergola.
We each ordered something different, from the polosi (which was filled with pork), quail over cheese grits, tenderloin tamales, and chicken enchilada with great beams and rice. It was all delicious. A little pricy was worth it. We all enjoyed our meal, the service was good and the setting was nice. We will definitely be back.

kingsville ontario
“Very good steaks - huge portions that can be shared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I know everything is bigger in Texas....but really? 14oz is the minimum size steak you can order? Thankfully, our very helpful hostess said that we could share one between the two of us, and that was just about right.
We ordered a 16 oz rib eye and it was delicious. Maybe a bit too much marbling for my taste but I can see where a true steak fan would find it spot on. The accompanying snow peas were done to perfection and the only problem I found on the plate was the glutinous and overworked mashed potatos and bacon. We also got a side order of bacon wrapped grilled asparagus served with a cheesy jalapeño grits - very good.
The margarita was cold and refreshing. Pricewise, this was on the expensive side, but every
once in a while, you need to treat yourself.
Extra hint - ask to be seated in the main dining room. There is a GIGANTIC steers head over the fireplace for an additional touch of Texas.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had dinner at Reata the first night we stayed in Alpine. Great food and service but on the pricey side.

Visited March 2014
Coldspring, Texas
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had lunch one day and came back another for dinner. For dinner, my husband had BBQ Shrimp Enchilladas and I had Salmon with Boursin sauce. We were very hungry and both dishes were fabulous and so tasty! I was served a very generous glass of wine too!

The lunch we ate there was good too! The Tortilla Soup is very thin and spicy. I also ate a BLT with it which was yummy. My husband ate the Carne with Enchilladas which was very chewy he said. The service tonight was quick and attentive!! We highly recommend the restaurant!