“They were good but now they are closed” 3 of 5 stars

800 E Holland Ave, Alpine, TX
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: It's a fairly new place, but DELICIOUS. Please list it. Pretty please!
Marfa
“They were good but now they are closed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This restaurant switched between being a taco bar and a sit down and order place three times in a short period... then it closed. The food was reasonable and decent but it doesn't exist any more.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nomad
“Good food, great quantities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The previous review of a slow order obviously didn't get in line for a burrito/quesadilla/taco - the service is fast, the food is fresh (and mild enough to not scar those with dainty tastebuds), the portions are ample and they make it the way you want it. My only issue was the chopped onion smell; I ended up getting my order to go because it made my eyes water.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Mediocre food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had heard some decent reviews of this restaurant, so while in town checking out the Viva Big Bend Music Festival, we decided to stop in. We placed an order to go for green chili crispy tacos and green chili enchiladas. Although we had the first order in, two larger order tables received their meals before we received our order. The food was just okay and tasted fairly pre-fab. I am not sure why the tacos were referred to as "green chili", because there was no green chili or sauce to be found on them. They consisted of ground beef, lettuce, cheese, tomato, and a stale corn tortilla. The green chili enchiladas were fairly bland and really did not taste very good. I was not expecting authentic Mexican food, but I thought it would be at least on par with Taco Bell. It wasn't. The wait staff appeared to be teenagers and they could probably use some adult supervision to help direct them. With that said, the staff was very friendly and tried to be helpful. I don't think we will visit this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2012