“Quiet getaway; Quaint accommodations!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Guest Lofts

Alpine Guest Lofts
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alpine
Alpine Guest Lofts
You added Alpine Guest Lofts to your Saves list
117 North 6th St., Alpine, TX   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Alpine B&B and Inns
Midland, Texas
“Quiet getaway; Quaint accommodations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband & I just wanted to getaway for the weekend & I had purchased a two night stay for the Holland Hotel. However, when I called to book the room, they did not have any available for a Friday/Saturday, but quickly offered me Loft #1 in the Alpine Guest Lofts.

This room is very large & brightly decorated. It has a full kitchen, but a little sparce on the utensils if you are planning to cook. So, you might want to bring along some of your favorite cooking items & spices if you are inclined to cook while getting away. We chose several local restaurants in lieu of cooking.

My only real complaint is the bed. While some people prefer a rock-hard bed, not so for this gal. Having undergone lumbar back surgery a couple of years ago, I found it difficult to get comfortable in a bed with no "give". But, that would probably not stop me from visiting again, given the opportunity.

A few noteworthy amenities were the large walk-in shower, a separate potty room, and they had a jacuzzi tub right in the bedroom! Unfortunately, we did not get an opportunity to try that out because we kept busy until relatively late each evening, but it definitely adds a romantic air to the place.

The hotel staff were all very pleasant, friendly & eager to make our stay memorable. The kind of hospitality one would expect from a small town! We happened to be there for their local Earth Day Celebration & Farmer's Market. Which ... well ... really wasn't much, but we had a chance to meet more of the locals.

I found it rather humorous that beside the bed were two pairs of earplugs. While the train tracks are very closeby, we did not find a need to use them. But it was nice to know they were handy, just in case.

I have also reviewed several eating establishments from this trip. So, check them out if you are interested in a potential getaway to Alpine!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the Alpine Lofts over the Thanksgiving week and it was a wonderful trip. The staff at the lofts are extremely nice and helpful. The lofts are in the middle of town, so you can park your car and walk to dinner, bars, shopping etc. A few of things that make this place one of the best are--you can bring your dogs for a small fee, you get a free breakfast everyday (and I'm talking bacon and eggs) and they are flexible on check in and check out times. The pet aspect sold me on the place from the beginning.

The only negative thing I can say is that the housekeeping was sub par. Understandably with pets being a factor, the furniture covers were a little ragged and the duvet cover was clean, just a little dingy. Then when the housekeeping staff came, they didn't do a great job--they didn't sweep the floors or even clean the bathroom sink. Oh, and also the bed was a little hard, but we just drop a little bit of money on an egg crate and it was fine.

The Holland Hotel which owns the lofts and is across the alley is a very cool, rustic hotel. They have a nice bar and a great patio with a fireplace. Next time I go to Alpine, I might check it out, since they also allow pets.

Alpine is a great location--we were able to take the dogs hiking in the Davis Mountains, check them in at the vet so we could drive over to the Terlingua Ghost Town and visit Big Bend, go to a Star Party at the McDonald Observatory and take a quick drive to Marfa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Alpine Guest Lofts, what can I say, the cool factor is off the charts! When you first arrive park on 6th street, trust me. The walk a few hundred feet down the alley sets the tone. Look left and see the towering Holland Hotel look right and see the Orange Door. From the time you enter the Orange door till you hit the bed it's 1950's Bogart meets modern conveniences! Stamped tin ceilings and microwaves, mosquito net over the bed and Jacuzzi tub! This place is rough and tumble bare and basic for the guys, so romantic the women will love it! With guest amenities including cookies, granola bars, guest robes and Peligrino included I would rank this place as one of the best bang for the buck stays in Texas. There is actually parking at the orange door, a beautiful courtyard, and chairs with a chiminea outside to gather round and
and discuss the days adventures. Dining and cool shops in walking distance. If your cool like Humphrey Bogart and she's beautiful like Becall this is the place for your own personal Casablanca!

• Stayed May 2012
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great little town and great spot to stay. Location is a little funky, down an alley behind the Holland Hotel. Cute little courtyard and very comfortable and spacious rooms. Check out their website, it's very accurate. Because it's close to the train track (but not as close as the Holland), they have earplugs in the room. The trains didn't bother us though, and we didn't bother with the earplugs. It's just off the main drag, so shopping, restaurants and bars are all within a few blocks walk.

Room Tip: Room 4, which I believe is typically the cheapest, is still very large.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We spent two nights here in October and loved it. The owners/mgmt were EXTREMELY nice and accommodating. No extra pet fees, either! Loft #3 looked from the online pics like it might be impossibly narrow, shotgun room, but actually was spacious and open. They gave us a nice discount and let us check out late for train departure. The place is cute & clean, and while we could hear the train, it was not disruptive or loud---didn't need any earplugs. It's a little strange to be in downtown at night b'c it feels so abandoned, but we are not the chain motel type, nor could we afford a stylish private rental this trip, so the Loft was perfect!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Alpine Lofts for a quick trip out west. We stayed in Loft 3 and had the place to ourselves all but one day. Very peaceful. We were never bothered by train noise. I thought the room rustic and charming and clean. It is so close to everything--Judy's for breakfast, Reata or Italian place for dinner. Nice stock of snacks and drinks for excursions. I'd definitely stay there again. Great deal for the price. We normally stay at The Gage, but it's gotten so expensive. The Alpine Lofts was a very great alternative. You don't necessarily get maid service every day unless you request it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed in Loft 3 Friday, April 1st, in order to be close to the Amtrak station for my departure on Saturday. The track is quite near and it would be a good idea to pack earplugs if one is not used to the sound. Freight trains go through at all hours.

The room was very pleasant with a sheer curtain defining the sitting and bed areas. It is a long room and could be cavelike if not for the white walls and good lighting. Even then it would be a very well upholstered cave. The bath is large and well appointed with a bath and shower. Details like prettily folded towels and a nice assortment of eco-conscious toiletries (Including a sewing kit) are nice touches. The bed is high and comfortable with crisp clean sheets.

There is cable TV, situated to be watched from the bed. This suited me but might be bothersome for someone staying longer who might want to watch during the day. The futon actually faces away from the TV.

A nice assortment of packaged snacks and a selection of soft drinks, water and coffee is provided. I was encouraged to pack these up for my train trip. The Bread and Breakfast Cafe is just around the corner on East Holland Ave. Excellent breakfast choices and charming ambiance.

I needed very little during my stay but got the impression that any effort would have been made to make it everything I wanted it to be. Goeff came in to see that everything was in good order and information about the facilities is printed out and on the dining table.

If you don't like ordinary hotel rooms, like to be able to walk to the shops and galleries, and can appreciate looking at the original pressed tin ceiling high above your bed I recommend Alpine Guest Lofts.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Alpine Guest Lofts? Share your experiences!