“Best Hampton in West Texas for sure!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2607 West Highway 90, Alpine, TX 79830   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Alpine
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Best Hampton in West Texas for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was the best Hampton we have been in for quite a few miles. The staff here know how to give the sincere guest experience. We only wish we had stayed another night but we were on our way to Marfa and then Arizona. Breakfast was superb. I rarely say five stars for a place that is just about the same in every city or location. This one is a true exception.

Room Tip: We always ask for top floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We've been to the Alpine/Fort Davis/Marfa area a number of times, but this was our first time at this Hampton Inn. We're glad we stayed there.

Pros: It's a nice, clean hotel. The breakfast area was about the nicest we've seen for a hotel like this. We didn't have breakfast, but we had cookies at check-in and hot chocolate to go on our way to see the Marfa lights. Nice touches. The staff was very friendly. When we got there, we noticed that the back of the hotel overlooks the hills on the edge of town. They were happy to change our room to that side of the building when we asked at check-in. They then forgot to reprogram our key cards and we had to go back downstairs, but it was cleared up quickly.

Cons: Room-to-room noise was noticeable whenever the person above us was simply walking across their room. I'm not a person who has to have everything silent to sleep, but this noise was heard several times and made it harder to sleep.

All-in-all, we're really glad we stayed here and would stay here again. On a side note: Be aware that this is on the edge of town. We liked that, but if you want something in the heart of downtown for walkability you might want to look elsewhere. We liked the location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn after reading many of the reviews on this site. We agree that it is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful (especially Jeremy) and the breakfast was good. The only problem is that we had to check out after three days. We could NOT get any sleep on the very hard and uncomfortable bed. We tried, but we just couldn't sleep. We checked out and checked into their sister hotel...The Holiday Inn.

Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

While visiting the Big Bend area you can rest assured that a stay at this property will be nothing less than outstanding. Friendly staff, very clean/comfortable rooms/more than adequate breakfast plus a complementary cocktail hour are all the reasons to check into this property!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

A Very nice hotel. Nice clean rooms with cable and a nice pool. Breakfast was very good with omelets. waffles,cereal, fruit, juice, oatmeal and baked goods. Would definitely recommend staying here if in the alpine area.

Midland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I would highly recommend Hampton in Alpine. It stands out amongst all of the Hampton's I have stayed at. Staff welcome you to their location with a friendly smile and demeanor and are always open to your questions/concerns, etc. The hotel staff here are ones that you can call friends and not just another friendly face.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

San Marcos, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here while traveling to the Big Bend area. The hotel is clean, staff seemed friendly, facilities were good, etc. My issue came after departure. I got home and two days later, realized that I had left a jacket and my Chi straightener in my room. My first thought was to call and make sure my items were safe. My second thought was why, after two days, I had not been contacted? I was asked for my mailing address and I was promised that they would send me my items. When I got my survey from Hampton, I expressed my concern that customers are not called when items are left behind. (Especially items that are worth over $100). I got an email from a manager saying that "it's not their responsibility to contact customers when items are left behind." That shocked me. And it's been over two months. My expensive straightener and my running jacket never showed up in the mail. I guess it wasn't their responsibility to mail my stuff either. Lesson learned. Don't leave anything behind!!

Stayed April 2014
ARATI J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alpine, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello,
we really apologize for the inconvenience but it looks like there is some mis communication in the whole process since we had already sent out the item long time back WHICH RETURNED BACK SINCE UPS DOES NOT DELIVER TO A P.O.BOX ADDRESS.
we have called you several times for a physical address which we did not receive.
Please call us with the correct address so that we can sent the item out on our expense .
Please respond at your earliest.
Regards!
Arati Jani
GM

Been to Hampton Inn Alpine? Share your experiences!