“Very well managed hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   205 North Central Expressway, Allen, TX 75013   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Allen
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Very well managed hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were pleased and surprised at how comfortable/QUIET/clean this hotel was. They were always cleaning. Nice touch with the Tuesday/Wednesday evening snacks in common area. Good breakfasts variety in common area. Grandchildren ,of course, loved the pool and snack store. Plus cookies at the end of the day!! Only thing--beds were slightly soft which is hard on the backs and missed fan in the bathroom as mirror would steam up--not good for women's hair styles. Desk staff very helpful and courteous. Very covenient to son's home.
Would be nice if could open windows to let in fresh air!!!

Room Tip: Top floor on the back side. However, this may ,in the future, not be as nice as looks like going to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Imelda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear LindaMattusch,

We apperciate the time you took to write a review about your stay with us. We are gald you enjoyed the evening snacks and the cookies and especially glad the grandchildren enjoyed our heated pool. Thank you for your feedback regarding the beds and the fan in the bathroom. The fan in the bathroom runs continously, but I have notified the Engineering Department of your comment regarding the steam. We hope to see you and your grandchildren while visiting your son in Allen.

Imelda Frost,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Angelo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our first time to visit in Allen, Texas. WE arrived at our hotel and were impressed with the outside. Everything was well groomed and very clean. The inside was just as inviting. We were greeted and got checked in in a timely manner and given our priority gift. Our room was on the first floor as we had asked for and it was most inviting.Our stay was excellent. The bed was excellent. The room and the halls were very quiet. Breakfast was excellent and a very friendly staff greeted us upon our arrival for breakfast. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and others. The location was very close to our meeting, shopping , and eating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Carrol H,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us review on your stay with us. We are glad that your request was met for you to be on the first floor and the excellence of the bed. We hope to see you in the near future while visiting Allen for your meeting.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice. It had everything we've come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express, where we stay more than 60 nights per year. The breakfast was very good. The room was clean. Check-in was fast. We will stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Imelda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear JoefromOkahoma,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us some wonderful comments about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen, Texas. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast while visiting Allen. We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as a stop on our way home from a quick trip and needed somewhere clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient. That is what we found here. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was as expected. We plan to make this our stopping point each time we make that quick trip.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Have always stayed an another chain hotel when in Allen, but because of this hotel's location, decided to try it. Was pleasantly surprised--nice hotel, great staff and comfortable, clean accomodations. Located within walking distance of an Arby's, a Mexican restaurant, and an incredibly long strip shopping center that has a Tom Thumb Grocery (a hefty walk from the hotel) as well as many other shopping options. The breakfast was good (loved the pancake machine!). This is standard Holiday Inn Express facility--nothing fancy, but very adequate for the business traveler. I got a good rate, as well! Member of my work group all shared that we would stay at this hotel, again. The only detraction I can offer was a confused reservation (mine was attached to another member of my party). It had to be repaired at both check-in and check-out. Staff were quick to respond--so it really didn't end up being that big of a deal.

Room Tip: Stay on the side oopposite the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I'm not one to write a review, I actually have never but I thought I would warn the next person so they wouldn't waste money on a room that wasn't worth but maybe $40 tops. When i arrived the check in was good, a very nice lady helped me, and gave me directions to where we wanted to go. When we went to the room, first thing i noticed was a big dried up spot of sauce on the carpet. Bathroom smelled of mold and tub was rusted along the faucet area. Beds were comfortable so no complaint there. The next morning, woke up to find a cockroach crawling along the wall. Went to check out, made a complaint to the front desk about the cockroach, and all i got was a $10 discount. So i paid about $80 for my room after all was said and done. WILL NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012
Imelda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to leave us a few comments. We are glad you enjoyed the ease of checking in and the comfort of the bed during your stay with us. We try to ensure that our guests enjoy a stress free stay. We have always had professional pest control services at the hotel, and we have since followed up with them. We appreciate you for bringing it to our attention. We have notified the Housekeeping Department of your comments. The Maintenance Department inspected the bathroom and did not see any traces of rust in the tub and the faucets are made of Brass which does not rust.

After checking in, we would hope that guests would call the front desk to notify of any issues. If guests are not pleased with their room they can always request a room change, if available, so they may be at peace before they go to sleep. We hope you give us another try during your next visit to Allen.
Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked my stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Allen because my 54-year-old brother lives close by and I brought my elderly mother from California to say goodbye to him. He has an aggressive stomach/esophagus cancer which is metastasizing quickly. It was a last-minute trip, between 2 courses of therapy he is undergoing, and I booked this via Expedia a few days prior to leaving.

I am not sure what happened with the reservation, but when I arrived, the hotel told me my stay was scheduled for 2 weeks later, and for 3 days instead of the two I thought I booked. Thankfully they found us a room for the evening as we were exhausted from traveling all day. I asked the hotel to cancel the room for the upcoming 2 weeks, and was told I had to do this via Expedia.

The next day, I called Expedia and was told their contract with the hotel meant this was nonrefundable unless the hotel agreed to cancel this, and after waiting upstairs for the hotel desk clerk to respond while I was on hold, I was told by Expedia that the hotel would not refund this without some type of documentation showing that my brother was indeed ill.

My brother sent the documentation showing his diagnosis, and the clerk said she would forward this to the manager. The following day, I received an email stating that the hotel manager REFUSED to issue a refund! The most he agreed to do was to "consider" applying this to "a future date."

Are you kidding me? Shame on the general manager of this hotel! I hope this readers of review will consider boycotting this hotel!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Imelda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Jacobs2_11,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you whilst visiting your ill brother. We do appreciate that this was likely a stressful and emotional time for you. It is not our intention to cause you any sort of distress.

In reply to your dissatisfaction, may we say that confusion with your dates could have been avoided simply by checking your reservation confirmation from Expedia anytime. The night you actually arrived, was a busy night for the area, and we did sell out. Sometimes we have cancellations. We are not sure what would have happened should you have arrived a little later and we had no availability.

Bookings made directly with the hotel or Holiday Inn central reservations , often provide a little more flexibility, and guests can then still earn PC Reward points. The hotel has to honor all legitimate bookings coming through travel agencies, like Expedia, as they are received, and vice versa.

Holiday Inn's "Best Flexible" rate is fully cancellable up to 6pm local time, on the day of arrival, without any charge whatsoever. The original booking you made with Expedia came through as an "Advanced Purchase" which is a specially discounted, no cancel, no change, prepaid booking (just like some of the specially priced airline tickets). Guests, who know their schedule won't change, often take advantage of these special Advance Purchase rates along with their associated strict terms and conditions, which are always clearly stated at the time of booking by Expedia and other similar agencies.

We do try hard to try to keep all of our guests happy, and understand that we may fall short on occasion depending on the circumstances. We did try to explain this to you and provide you some resolution.

The offer of changing the dates to a future time still stands on this occasion. Please contact us soon should you wish to accept this.

Imelda Frost

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center? Share your experiences!