“Go if you want a side of roaches.....” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 178 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Allen, TX
“Go if you want a side of roaches.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love Scotty P's. I really so. This was our favorite hamburger place until today. After today, I don't think I could return without having some formal report from the health department declaring the restaurant "roach free". There were 6 of us eating in a booth in the middle of the restaurant when I saw a roach climb up the wood paneling. I tried to catch it with my napkin but it was too fast and fell off the paneling onto the table. I don't believe it fell into our food but it was very close. A minute later, another roach walked up the side of the paneling and our friend tried to catch it but she wasn't fast enough either. At this point, the people in the booths around us started moving and I went to the counter to tell the staff that we had roaches crawling around in our booth. It took a few minutes before the girl at the counter even addressed us. When we told her what was happening, a man in the kitchen overheard us and came into the dining room area to examine our booth. He picked up some napkins off the floor that we had used to try to catch the roaches and suggested that we move to a table which we had already started to do. They never apologized or offered to replace our food. What I find disturbing is that these roaches were crawling around on the tables in broad daylight during a very busy lunch hour. I would have to imagine that this place is infested if they are coming our during the day in a busy area. I lost my appetite after this and it's past 5 and I've not recovered it yet. I cannot in good conscious bring myself or my kids or anyone else to this location until they show me some evidence they have exterminated on a large scale. It's too bad too since the burgers were so good......

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Looking for the best burger-Scotty P's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great food, big plates with large servings. A contemporary atmosphere with good counter service. Lot's of choices. Be sure to try the Grilled Cheese too!

Visited June 2013
Leonard, Texas
“One of Our Favorite Lunch Stops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The food here is always good. The lunch lines can be long if you go at a prime time. Service is good and fairly fast.

Visited June 2013
Plano TX
“Hands down, best burger in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I don't eat beef very often but when I want a good hamburger, we go to Scotty Ps. I don't know what they do to make them so yummy but we are never disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Very good burger and shake joint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We ate at the location in Plano off of Custer. It was a wonderful burger and shake joint. Ordering the cardiac fries is a must! Our 12 yr old enjoyed eating here too. Service was very good. extremely friendly people here who were constantly working to make the customers happy. Very yummy, we will defintiely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Scotty P's Hamburgers? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Scotty P's Hamburgers, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.