“All great, one big mis-step” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Allen
New Mexico
“All great, one big mis-step”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

First off, there are a lot of great things about this hotel. We booked through Priceline and after an initial back-and-forth with the staff, they did get us a 2-bed room. They didn't have to do that and my family really appreciated it.

The location is great, the staff throughout was very nice. The hotel was full during our stay and the staff still helped us with everything. The rooms were big enough, the thermostat worked great for cooler weather and we didn't hear the other guests through the walls.

There is one aspect that somewhat soured the whole stay, the $9.99 charge (per person!) for breakfast. I booked two rooms for my family and breakfast at the hotel would have been an extra $70 a day! No doubt the breakfast offers more than the traditional free breakfast at a hotel, but $10 per person is a high price for families. We ended up having to leave every morning for breakfast.

Thankfully I had paid the Priceline price. If I had paid the asking price and then been hit with that charge, I would've been very upset.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. You
business is very important to us. Also, thank you for taking the time to offer
your feedback. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit. We do charge for our breakfast. It’s a full, cooked to order breakfast with everything you need to start your day off right. We offer fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, french toast and pancakes anyway you like it, and all you can eat. We also offer fresh whole fruit, yogurts, homemade pastries and cereals. Beverages such as Starbucks coffee, Tazo tea, a variety of fresh juices and milk are also included in the price. We do hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Me and a few of my friends stayed in the Junior Suite on 11/17/2012 and we had a wonderful experience. We also rented the Plano Room for my Best Friends Bridal Shower and it we Beautiful. When I got there everything was already set up for me. The food was fresh and Hot. The customer Service was outstanding from the front desk all the way to the maintenance staff. I have been dealing with Cami and Emily and they are very helpful and professional. There was not a question that could not answer. It was a very smooth transition. I would do it all over again. My stay at The Hilton was wonderful. My Best Friend had a wonderful time and she told me she loved every little detail of it all. Hilton is a great place to stay and have a party. Excellent Job Hilton and Emily and Cami!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. I am thrilled to know your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We got this hotel as a Groupon deal and used it this week to check out The Allen Premium Outlets and were very happy with the stay. The hotel was clean, had an adequate gym, outdoor pool/jacuzzi and a nice breakfast area. The hotel is 4 exits south of the Outlet mall and the Village. The Village is absolutely enjoyable for families. The kids enjoyed the "beach." on the same exit as the hotel is Watters Creek which is a very nice outdoor mall with great restaurants.

The staff were polite, the room was clean and when we come visit Allen again we would choose the Hilton Garden Inn.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review on the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guest’s satisfaction is our number one priority. Please visit again soon.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice in October 2012. In both instance, it was OK. Rooms were typical Hilton hotel rooms--nothing remarkably good or bad. However, they appear to only provide several newspapers for an entire hotel floor in the morning and leave them near the elevator (so get up early if you want one). The breakfast staff appears to believe their job is to stand around and talk. On both of my trips, they did little or nothing to help guests. The manager needs to explain their job description to them. They are about as LAZY as possible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I will address the problems you encountered with our servers during your breakfast experience. I apologize it wasn't as it should be. I do hope you will give us another try. Your business is important to us.
Springhill, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We love staying at this Hilton in Allen. We stay there quite often. The only complaint this past week-end was our bed. It was horrible. Neither my husband or me got any sleep because of how uncomfortable the bed was. It felt like it had a board under it and something hard in the middle. We were in room 419.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen. I appreciate you letting us know about the problems you encountered with the bed in your room. I do apologize for your inconvenience. I will be happy to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call the General Manager at 214-547-1700.
Ball Ground, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights here with 3 other family members families. It was my husbands mother's 85 th birthday. Our stay was very nice, the room was large and clean. One of the other families had children, they loved the pool.
My only complaint was with the server at the breakfast. She left the towel she was cleaning tables with on a table so I was able to get it and wipe our table. She finally came back and got the towel and asked us what we wanted to drink, she brought the coke and oj but never brought the 2 coffees. The food was good but the service was not so much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit overall. We will address the problems you encountered with our servers during your breakfast experience. I apologize it wasn't as it should be. I do hope you will give us another try. Your business is important to us.
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed there for three days and was very happy with everything. The staff is excellent. When i entered my room it smelled like smoke so the man at the desk changed my room. I had trouble faxing something so they did it personally for me. On the day of checkout it was pouring with rain. The front desk clerk drove my car into the covered area so we didnt get wet. Cant ask for better service. Definently stay again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGI_AllenTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. Thank you for your business. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen? Share your experiences!