“Great learning environment with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 12 Attractions in Allen
Type: Water sports, Outdoors
“Great learning environment with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love riding at hydrous. I look forward to riding every trip I make to Dallas. Its a great activity (and workout) for families, friends, couples, everyone in general. If you don't have gear no need to worry they have stuff you can rent, or if you've never ridden before instructors are there to help. People do need to understand wakeboarding can be a difficult sport so if you don't get up the first couple times it's ok, it happens but there are tons of people encouraging you and giving you pointers so that its a fun and relaxing environment. Last summer when i lives there I road cable for the first time and had only been wakeboarding for a year before that. Hydrous has great instructors who give awesome tips on how to improve your riding. I started just by doing laps and now I'm riding rails, pipes, and kickers, hopefully working on bankrolls soon. Easy to say I cant wait for there next park in Lewisville to open up. Everything is well up kept, there's always great music, red bull and vitamin water come a lot during the summer, lots of summer camps, and competitions they put on. The owners are really chill, somewhat goofy but they are really involved and also ride which is awesome cause you see how much they really care about the park and the riders.

Visited April 2013

“This is the best and most fun workout in North Texas!! Hydrous, where have you been all my life?!! :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for something fun for our family to do. A friend had mentioned we should finally try Hydrous before the summer crowds hit. We called to ask some questions like what to wear since we've never experienced wake-boarding. Since we were beginners they were very honest saying we'd be in the water quite a bit and although it was in the 80's outside, the water would feel chilly so heater tops were important. They have all the equipment there for rent, so all we needed to bring were towels and a change of clothes. The best feeling in the world was watching one by one each member of my family stand up!! We were on the beginner course where we received good feedback and my son was able to turn before our session ended. For beginners this is so much safer than learning behind a boat on a lake. The staff is very helpful and they are so encouraging. I'm in my mid forties, was the last one to stand up in my family, and I had a cheering session when I finally did. The next day my legs and arms were a bit sore in a good way and my hands had some light blisters so I should have worn the gloves. Overall I realized this is a great way to stay in shape and can't wait to make it a part of my workout routine!!! I am going to keep at it - I was in the water quite a bit at first until I got the hang of it. And thank you to the owners for picking the perfect location because there is not anything like this in North Texas!!

Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Safe and Fabulous Time for the Whole Family!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My daughters and I went to the park and none of us had ever wakeboarded. The staff was friendly, very knowledgeable, and kept working with us until we "got it!" They start you out on the slower lake and then when you are ready, they move you to the faster rails. My girls absolutely loved it and even begged me to go to the camp. I signed up for 1 week, but, they ended up going to several sessions during the summer because they could not get enough! This is a great, safe, fun family park! No one is allowed around the water without a life jacket and the staff is extremely helpful. We will definitely be spending much of our free time this summer going back!

Visited May 2012
Rockwall, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great idea however not enough people working. The young lady at the beginners pond was nice enough but in a hurry to move them on. Only one person running the next step, no one there to help or instruct. When I let the front desk know they said "sorry, we have camp kids". If you can't handle 40 kids total there is a problem and you shouldn't have taken our money.

Visited July 2012
Hydrous A, Owner at Hydrous Wakeboard Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
We value your opinion and sincerely regret your dissatisfaction with Hydrous Wake Park.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority. We have had over 30,000 satisfied customers since opening and unfortunately not every experience with Hydrous has been a pleasant one.

Please contact us at info@hydrouswakeparks.com so we can discuss a fair resolution.'

Hydrous Wake Parks
Dallas TX
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We enrolled our son in their new summer camp ($200 of the week). The first day was okay but they ended it a bit early... the second day they didn't even provide an instructor, wouldn't let the kids use the smaller/slower lake because they rented it to a 'private party' and made them all stand in line with the general public. After 3 hours they had 4 trips around the lake.... When we complained they manager basically said 'no refunds'. My sister had her kids in it and called them to discuss the issue, they hung up on her. I posted a negative comment on their Facebook page and they simply deleted it... I tried again to suggest they not just ignore issues but work to improve... and am now blocked from ever posting on their page. It might be a lot of fun but don't waste your money on their camp and don't expect the management to be customer friendly if you have issues.

Visited June 2012