“Pricey - but a lot of fun” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Allen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Topgolf is the premier golf entertainment complex where the competition of sport meets your favorite local hangout. Challenge your friends and family to addictive point-scoring golf games that anyone can play year-round. Score even bigger with Topgolf's extensive food and beverage menu that is sure to impress even the pickiest foodies.
Richardson, Texas
69 attraction reviews
“Pricey - but a lot of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We enjoyed taking some friends and family to TopGolf. I wasn't expecting to have as much fun until we started playing different games. All sorts of variations to level the playing field of skill level.

It was quite expensive, and it did take a while for everyone to get cards, and the service was non-existent at times. I would only see myself splurging once or twice a year to do an activity like this. If the pricing was more reasonable, that could be swayed.

12 attraction reviews
“We love it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good service, and great fun with the family. Ideal for a birthday party; food is not bad either. My kids swear by the wings, and continuouslky ask us to go back!!

“Pricey but fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

With Top Golfs new pricing strategy, it's lost some of it's luster, depending what time and day you go, you could pay up to $40.00 per hour, and depending on the size of your group, this can quickly become a very expensive outing. We used to golf two to three times a month, now we golf about once every couple months.

Visited October 2013
Dallas, TX
20 attraction reviews
“great nightlife driving range and bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

fun spot , gotta try it if you like golf! Get a few friends together and go. You will be up high , have a regular driving range experience, with your own table and waitress and a huge view of a huge driving range. Good food and rockin music makes for a fun evening with friends.

12 attraction reviews
“wow, what a quick downhill slide to terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Ok, so not much has changed, brilliant concept, anyone with any skill level can play this game, but WTH happened? Suddenly the service is HORRIBLE, not just bad, HORRIBLE. Having to wait while 7 or so high school kids talk amongst themselves as you have to check into 2 stations sets the tone.

Once we got our spot a waitress is on us instantly asking for a drink order. Umm, ok, can we see a menu? Place our orders, warm up and begin. No longer pay-per-game, it's no on a clock. $60 for 90 minutes for 2 people. Dang, that makes bowling alleys look cheap!

Well a game later and we don't have our drinks. 2 other booths are sat and have drinks. I go to the bar, find our waitress and she begins on how busy she is, they sat a really big table ho all wanted drinks, etc. (she has on a tray in her hands). Ok, someone else brings the drinks. Later some guy zips by, drops off my food order and disappears while we're playing. Umm, did anyone think to bring a plate? silverware? water? a napkin? ketchup? NOPE! Well, our waitress will be by soon, right? NOPE! I go back to the bar and get my own stuff. By now the food is cold and I couldn't tell if it was any good or not. My son said the cheese fries sucked compared to last time and my burger was just ok.

Lastly, I get my bill without so much as an apology, a 'sorry' or a discount. For the first time in decades, I left no tip.

Thankfully, the $60 game and $30 food sapped my players card so I will never have to go back. Too bad. I've been bragging on this place since it opened. No more. Top Golf is a rip off, and the service SUCKS.

Visited October 2013
Shaun S, Director of Digital Marketing at TopGolf Allen, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
noleintx, thank you for your candid feedback about your and your son's recent TopGolf Allen experience. Your comments have been shared with both our CEO and TopGolf Allen's Director of Operations. Guest hospitality is a top priority for us, and we hate to know that we have disappointed you. We would like to get some more information from you so we may address your concerns internally with our team and also invite you and your son back to our facility for a better experience. Will you kindly send us your information by emailing feedback@topgolf.com? Thank you!