“Good creative sushi and sashimi” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Fish Allen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 167 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bethany and Watters
Dallas, Texas
“Good creative sushi and sashimi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Very hip and busy restaurant in a very cool "neighborhood", part of Allen's Watters Creek development, made up of upscale apartments, restaurants and cafes and shops. We sat at the bar at happy hour, beers were half-price and some of the sushi and sashimi were also reduced during happy hour. Bartenders were busy, yet attentive and the food was excellent and quite creative. For those tentative about sushi, their California rolls are great!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Fresh Sushi in a nice place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My oldest daughter and I went here for sushi. We sat at the bar area. The sushi was very fresh and very good. I had mostly california rolls and my daughter ate the real stuff. We both enjoyed our meal. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was very good. I would like to go back when I am in the Allen area.

Dallas, Texas
“Good Sushi, Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We frequent Blue Fish quite a bit. It's one of our favorite sushi bars. The sashimi is fresh. The service is usually pretty good, especially considering how busy the place is. If you go on a weekend, be sure to call ahead to reserve an outside table - they're always full in pretty weather.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“If you don't think you like sushi, Blue Fish will change your mind!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I like sushi, but even if I didn't, I think Blue Fish would change your mind. Not all of the rolls have actual raw fish (sashimi). Some are just rice and shrimp, or crab. The Sundae roll is delicious. We almost didn't go there; we were looking at other possibilities in the area but in the end, decided on Blue Fish. It was worth it. It was our first time so we got free Edamame. We ordered an appetizer and two rolls. The fried Calamari was cooked to perfection. Our waiter suggested dipping in BOTH dipping sauces, and it was heaven in my mouth. The California roll was predictable, but the other items were ordered were fantastic!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
anna, tx
“Horrible Service - This place doesn't deserve to be in business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Sat at our table; couldnt get the service we needed. Just awful customer management all over the resturaunt. It was like this both times we went. Some employees were neutral, some were just rude. If you enjoy Blue Fish; enjoy them at another location. This is maybe the worst service I've seen.

• Visited July 2011