“Comfy Classy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Allen
Anchorage
“Comfy Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great suite, comfortable bed, new facility, and plenty of amenities. The staff were fabulous and professionally trained. Monday thru Thursday, there's a complimentary dinner buffet, and a daily breakfast bar. Of course Richardson/Allen area is chock full of shopping and dining options nearby. Anytime I return to the area, I'll stay here

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms available on some floors, so if you are as allergic to smoke as I am, reques...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. And you're right about all the shopping nearby the hotel; we're very fortunate to be in an area that offers plenty of retail therapy!

Should there be anything we can do to make future stays more comfortable - such as requesting a non-smoking room - please do not hesitate to ask me or my team; we will always do our best to accommodate you.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed 2 nights while visiting family in town. The front desk was quick and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable with tons of space. Breakfast was great. My boys loved the basketball court. Everything at this hotel was perfect. We will stay here every time we come to town!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Wow - thanks very much for the glowing review, and we're delighted to hear that "everything...was perfect" during your stay - even the basketball court! My team and I all work hard to provide the best experience possible, and it's always nice to hear when we've hit the mark.

I've forwarded your comments to the rest of the Homewood team, as they'll enjoy the feedback. Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

General Manager, Homewood Suites, Dallas/Allen
Alexandria, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

From start to finish, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at! Professional staff, My suite was excellent. Went here for work, my employeer got this hotel from the referal of HDFS of Plano TX. I was very impressed. From the breakfast in the morning to a buffet style diner at night, wow what a great deal!!! A++++

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Wow! Thank you very much for the glowing review, and we are thrilled that we are "one of the best hotels (you) have ever stayed at!" That kind of guest feedback is so gratifying, as we all work extremely hard to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience. We're so glad you enjoyed both our accommodations and services.

Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen.

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I booked this hotel for my parents who are 80 plus years of age and have mobility issues. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful. They were patient beyond belief as I needed to see several rooms to assess which would best meet my parents' needs. When I mentioned my disappointment at not having a pool lift for my father, they researched and found that one was indeed available and the manager said they would install it when my father needed it. My parents were delighted with every aspect of their stay. Breakfast is included every day and dinner 4 nights per week. The food was delicious. The dining room immaculate and the wait staff was diligent and attentive. The housekeeping staff was exceptional, also. You could not find a more pleasant front desk staff. The replaced my father's mouse battery. The location is prime--close to IHOP, On the Border, Walmart, a hospital, Hobby Lobby, Tom Thumb grocery, Staples, just to name a few.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review, and we're so glad you and your parents enjoyed your stay with us - and especially glad to hear that our accommodations and services met your parents' needs. It sounds like you also took advantage of the ample local shopping and dining near our hotel.

I've forwarded your remarks to my team, as they will undoubtedly appreciate the great feedback. Many thanks again, and should you or your parents return to the area, we'll look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen.

Happy New Year,
Addison, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've never taken the time to review a hotel but this time we experienced a really wonderful stay and had a great holiday in Texas. We had stayed here previously when the staff were extremely accomadating through some HVAC issues caused by a storm in August 2012

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the excellent review, and we're thrilled to hear that your stay with us moved you to post your thoughts on TripAdvisor! We always enjoy hearing from our guests, and are pleased that you've enjoyed our hotel and services during both visits.

Many thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen.

Happy New Year,
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had a work related training trip in Plano and decided to stay a bit up US75 in Allen. As work trips go, Homewood was one of the better stays ever. It is a suite based hotel, where all rooms have a tiny kitchen with a fridge, microwave and stove top; no oven though. There are the Studios and One Bedroom rooms, though the size different isn't much (just add a wall and a little bit more room in the One Bedroom).

Inside the room, it is super comfortable. The beds are super comfy, with six pillows on it, both firm and soft (and one decorative). No bathtub, but a decently sized shower, which could easily fit two. Enough of a kitchen to cook some meals, but no oven does limit things. Though having a full size fridge and a little dining table is a nice upgrade from most hotels.

The rest of the hotel is quite amazing as well. The fitness room was pretty complete (free weights, two benches, three electrical, a bike and three treadmills). The breakfast is quite complete with waffles, and the bread snacks, cereal, juice and milk and a daily rotation of hot items. Weeknights (Monday -Thursday) there is the "Welcome Home Reception" which is a free light dinner buffet. With salad, juice, coffee, beer, wine and a rotating hot item(s). The menu is posted on the fridge in each room for each night. If you are a light dinner eater, it is more then enough. At the time of this review there was Coors Light and Shiner Bock on tap and a generic Red, White and Rose wine available too.

So if you find yourself in Allen or even in Plano (a lot of tech companies there you may find yourself there for training); the Homewood in Allen is a great stay; and not too much more then the normal business traveler hotels (Such as the next door Holiday Inn Express; or even the Hilton family Hampton Inn).

Room Tip: There is no real view from any room; and very few face US75. So any room is a good room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Wow - thanks for the very thorough, great review, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like you were able to experience all our hotel has to offer, and we're delighted that you enjoyed both our services and accommodations.

I've forwarded your comments to my team, as positive feedback is always appreciated.

Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Something was going on in the wall between the bathroom and the kitchen and it make a clicking noise all night. Made for a long night. Also it was hard to find bowls, spoons, etc at breakfast, had to ask for them all 3 mornings. Also having trouble getting my hilton honors points for both rooms I booked. Will probably look elsewhere next trip.

Room Tip: Not 425 unless you want to stay up all night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review of your stay, and on behalf of the hotel, I want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. I have relayed your comments regarding the clicking noises to our engineering department so they can eliminate that immediately. I am very sorry that made for a less-than-quiet night in your suite.

I have also followed up with my food and beverage team regarding timely replenishing of all breakfast items, including bowls, silverware, etc. In fact, I have used your review as a training opportunity with my entire team to ensure we are always providing the best experience possible for all of our guests.

Thank you again for the review, and I sincerely hope that if your travels bring you back to the Allen area, you will give us another try. If there is anything we can do to make future stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Vlad Gritsman
General Manager, Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen.

Been to Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen? Share your experiences!