Had a work related training trip in Plano and decided to stay a bit up US75 in Allen. As work trips go, Homewood was one of the better stays ever. It is a suite based hotel, where all rooms have a tiny kitchen with a fridge, microwave and stove top; no oven though. There are the Studios and One Bedroom rooms, though the size different isn't much (just add a wall and a little bit more room in the One Bedroom).
Inside the room, it is super comfortable. The beds are super comfy, with six pillows on it, both firm and soft (and one decorative). No bathtub, but a decently sized shower, which could easily fit two. Enough of a kitchen to cook some meals, but no oven does limit things. Though having a full size fridge and a little dining table is a nice upgrade from most hotels.
The rest of the hotel is quite amazing as well. The fitness room was pretty complete (free weights, two benches, three electrical, a bike and three treadmills). The breakfast is quite complete with waffles, and the bread snacks, cereal, juice and milk and a daily rotation of hot items. Weeknights (Monday -Thursday) there is the "Welcome Home Reception" which is a free light dinner buffet. With salad, juice, coffee, beer, wine and a rotating hot item(s). The menu is posted on the fridge in each room for each night. If you are a light dinner eater, it is more then enough. At the time of this review there was Coors Light and Shiner Bock on tap and a generic Red, White and Rose wine available too.
So if you find yourself in Allen or even in Plano (a lot of tech companies there you may find yourself there for training); the Homewood in Allen is a great stay; and not too much more then the normal business traveler hotels (Such as the next door Holiday Inn Express; or even the Hilton family Hampton Inn).
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen Hotel
- Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen Hotel Allen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Allen’s only extended-stay, all-suite property, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Dallas/Allen is conveniently located on Central Expressway in the heart of Allen and minutes from the Dallas metroplex. The four-story, 114-suite property features fully-equipped kitchens, separate bedroom and living areas, LCD TVs with HD premium channels, complete business center, complimentary high-speed internet access. Complimentary Suite Start hot breakfast buffet served daily; complimentary Welcome Home reception with beverages and a light meal served Monday – Thursday evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.