You added Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“Pleasant in every way.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel has it all... a great location, affordable rooms and wonderful staff. We took advantage of a special offer and had breakfast and dinner in their café. The food was really good and the booths have individual televisions so you can watch your favorite programs while you eat! And every staff member we came in to contact with was pleasant, helpfull and truly interested.
The Junior suites are amazing, complete with dining table, wet bar, microwave, seperate bedroom and a very nice sized bathroom. Lots of closet and drawer space was available in both rooms. Only things I would change are the fact that there is no safe in the room (available at the front desk which is kind of a bother every time you come and go...) and that housekeeping came very late in the day (after 4pm).
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Lots of free parking and walking distance to some great shopping, food and entertainment. And be sure not to miss the IPic movie theater in The Village.

Room Tip: Book a Junior suite - all the comforts of home!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our largest suite type, take advantage of the amenities we have to offer as well as enjoy the area that surrounds the hotel. Your comments are greatly appreciated so we can continue to provide services and amenities that our guests will use and enjoy.

Courtyard by Marriott Dallas/Allen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lubbock, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel a lot for business, so this review is from a frequent traveller's perspective. If you are just travelling for leisure, and need a nice place with a great location, you can finish this paragraph and book a room here. I have stayed here countless times and have always had a good experience. The location is unbeatable; restaurants and shopping literally around the corner, and an outlet mall just across hwy 75. Also, 121 is just up the road, so it makes it quite easy to navigate the North TX area. Over the past couple of years, I've always stayed here.

My only complaints, and they have evolved to become deal breakers for me, is the lack of preferential treatment for Platinum (Plus) members, and the quality of their internet. As a frequent traveller and supporter of Marriott, it is not asking too much to include, at the very least, a couple of bottles of water either in my room, or at checkin. I understand that I'm getting bonus points, but when it takes well over 70 stays a year to reach a Platinum Plus level, charging me $2 for a bottle of water is a little ridicules. Really, charging anyone $2 for a bottle of water is a bit crazy. It's not so much the $2 that bothers me, it's the lack of training from management to the front desk to REALLY go out of their way to hold on to Platinum Plus members. If I were running a hotel, and a customer walks in that has stayed at my chain well over 70 times throughout the year and they ask for a bottle of water....the first words out of my mouth would not be "would you like to charge that to your room." It may sound petty, but it just reflects a lack of respect. Quite frankly, this should never happen with anyone that checks in. It's the little things that make a big difference with anyones experience.

However, the real deal breaker for me is lack of quality internet. A frequent traveler does not care how free internet is if it's slow internet. In todays market, if the bandwidth is only good enough to check emails, you are losing customers. For me, and I would think many others, all things being equal, having enough bandwidth to watch Netflix, HBO GO, Showtime, etc will win over the "perfect" location every time. There are many hotels that are just a bit further down the road, who's rooms are almost as nice, but they have plenty of bandwidth so that I'm not forced to watch only what's on TV. Every time I have stayed here, I've brought this up, and nothing has ever changed; yet the solution, like the water, is such a simple thing.

This has become unfortunate, because this year, when it's time to head down to North TX, I've started selecting alternative locations. Again, it's the little things that make the difference. However, if you've stuck with me long enough to get this point in my review, and my two complaints are not deal breakers for you, this is one of the nicest Courtyards you'll most likely ever stay in, with a near perfect location.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, the two room suites are fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your feedback, especially coming from a Platinum Elite Member! Your loyalty to our hotel and brand are very important to us. I have sent your comments along to our Engineering department to ensure that the internet and bandwidth are working correctly. I understand how frustrating it can be when you are trying to get work done and unable due to the connectivity speed. I have also updated our Guest Services staff on your comments regarding the bottled water. In the future, I hope this is not a deal breaker for you. Your loyalty is greatly appreciated!

North Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. The lobby is beautiful and several times we went downstairs just to read and hang out down there. The rooms were super clean and had exactly what we needed. The bedding was good and we had no problems at all while we were there. This hotel is close to many restaurants and stores. It is in a very new part of town and we felt completely safe while we were there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
It was appreciated that you chose to stay with us while visiting the Allen area. Several areas of the hotel are great for relaxing, hanging out or gathering with friends and family. Being located in The Village at Allen, there is plenty to do within a short walk around the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you need to visit Allen, this is the hotel for you. It is about 1.5hr away from Fort Worth (if you plan to do the Stockyards) or 1hr from Dallas. Great hotel, I was here on business and served me very well. Rooms are good and clean, bed is very comfortable. Staff are superb and breakfast options are very nice. There are a number of bars and restaurants very close to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff, we appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you during your visit to the Dallas area. It sounds like you were able to get several great attractions in throughout the metroplex. Being located in Allen makes us an ideal location for shopping, ease of getting to numerous attractions as well as the ability to walk to entertainment around the hotel. We look forward to your future return!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Great location for me, right next to the Allen Events centre. Rooms are really comfortable, clean and a good size. Many have balconies. Staff are really friendly and helpful, breakfast is great and very fast. Love the fire put in the courtyard.

• Stayed February 2013
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel, the convenience of our location as well as the amenities we have to offer. Our staff works hard to provide a great product with friendly service. I appreciate you staying with us!

McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at many a JW Marriott and Renaissance property that can't touch this hotel. The Courtyard in Allen is very new, modern, and simply beautiful property that is set in the heart of north suburban Dallas. It is surrounded by great dinning, shopping, and entertainment in the Fairview and Allen Village Town Center open air malls. When we have friends and family in town who need a place to stay, this is where we make their reservations. For a quick, local couple's weekend get away, this is the place. The lobby bar and fireplace are perfect for just hanging out and relaxing after dinner, a movie, skating, or a hockey game.

Room Tip: If you have elite status with Marriott, be sure to request an upgrade. However, like most Courtyard...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for continuing to recommend our hotel to your friends and family and for your local getaway weekends. Being a Marriott Elite member you have traveled to enough properties to distinguish the difference. The hotel also offers a variety of packages to help travelers unfamiliar with our hotel or area. We have shopping packages, sports packages and breakfast included packages. Many of these packages help in overcoming not offering a complimentary breakfast but a higher quality breakfast alternative with the rate. We will look forward to seeing you again soon for your next weekend getaway!

Niagara Peninsula, Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel couldn't be better situated. It is right next door to the new Event Centre (home of the Allen Americans Hockey Team) but is used for many functions including the Rodeo, indoor soccer and music concerts. It is also across the street from both the Allen Premium Outlets and the Village shopping complex. Great shopping!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our property. Our location next to the Allen Event Center and surrounded by over 2 million square feet of shopping with over 60 restaurant alternatives is definitely an advantage. Providing our guests with a high quality product with great service is crucial to making sure that our premier location continues to keep guests returning. I look forward to your future return for another event in the Allen Event Center!

Courtyard by Marriott Dallas/Allen

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center

Address: 210 East Stacy Road, Allen, TX 75002
Location: United States > Texas > Allen
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
#4 Business Hotel in Allen
#5 Family Hotel in Allen
#6 Romantic Hotel in Allen
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center 3*
The new Courtyard by Marriott Dallas/Allen at the John Q Hammons Center is conveniently located at the intersection of Hwy 75 and Stacy Road in The Village at Allen. The hotel includes 228 guest rooms and suites with over 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. This north Dallas hotel features our new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Located in The Village at Allen there are several dining, shopping, and entertainment options steps away. The Allen Events Center is located next door and home to the Allen Americans Central Hockey League team. Companies within a short distance include: Raytheon, Jack Henry & Associates, State Farm, PFS Web, Frontier and Experian. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Dallas Allen At The John q Hammons Hotel Allen

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.