You added Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“ONE OF MY BEST STAYS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Our girls sports team was originally staying at another hotel in the area, and at the last minute we were switched to the Courtyard Dallas Allen. Best move we ever made!! This hotel is beautiful! The lobby is large and spacious with several areas for congregating. There are a couple of alcoves, one with a television and couches. One of the best amenities is the courtyard itself with a fire pit, gazebo, and comfortable seating. It was the perfect place for after-game dinners and relaxing! The rooms are large, clean, and have no odors. The beds are extremely comfortable; Marriott has the best beds, I think, in the industry. The hotel is conveniently located to the freeway/interstate, within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. It is about 25 minutes to downtown Dallas in good traffic. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is a bar at the back of the lobby which also serves food. I had the best tuna salad sandwich on sourdough--I even ate there two nights in a row! In addition, they have other sandwiches, soups, salads, etc. The only downside (which is not a showstopper for me) is the parking. There are not a lot of places to park around the building, so you have to park in the parking deck across the street. There is no charge to park there, and most of the time I had a spot on the bottom floor right near the exit, so I didn't have to really walk any farther than I would have in a parking lot. However, one night when there was an event at the Allen Convention Center (next to the hotel), I had trouble finding a spot. But this would not stop me from staying at this hotel. I will definitely stay here on any future trips to the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
It was such an honor to take care of you and your team during such short notice. We were excited to have you choose our hotel and glad that everything worked out for the team under such unfortunate circumstances. We look forward to helping you out the next time you plan on returning to the area.

Courtyard by Marriott Dallas/Allen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I used to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Allen Event Center during my stops in Allen. During my last stay there I voiced a concern and was met w/silence twice by hotel management. The good news is that has led me to the Courtyard Dallas Allen!
I stopped in for an overnight stay in early May and was greeted warmly by Stacy at the front desk.
She recognized me as a Platinum Premier member and pointed out everything I would need to know during my stay. I even bothered her later that evening for a bottle opener which she joyfully gave me complimentary. The materials used in construction are beautiful and the view from the 9th floor was wonderful. We really enjoyed the shower! We will return later this month for a couple of days and will make this our new place in Allen, TX!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a view of the landscape.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Being a Platinum Elite Member, your feedback and loyalty to Marriott are greatly appreciated. I'm glad that you experienced our hotel while visiting the Allen area and acknowledged the service that Stacy provided. She is a very valuable member of our team! I will make sure to pass on your comments and recognize her for providing exceptional service.

We look forward to seeing you later this month!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

My aunt, cousin & I stayed here this week & each day housekeeping came in our room, but only made the beds! They didn't sweep bathroom nor vaccum, didn't leave the correct amount of fresh towels & the ones they did leave we're pool towels not bath towels! For what ever reason they wouldn't bother taking our trash out & even left some of the dirty linen behind!! New hotel in great location, but lacks soooo much in housekeeping!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
I would like to apologize for the housekeeping concerns that you had during your visit. I am always concerned when a guest does not have a stay that is more than memorable. Please contact me at your conveninence and I will be happy to discuss our housekeeping procedures on our stayover guest rooms. Not emptying the trash and providing pool towels is not an acceptable practice. I will be happy to make sure that the performance is corrected so other guests do not experience a similar situation.

springfield, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed here for an event at Allen Event Center. This hotel is just across the parking lot from the event center, so very convenient. There is also shopping, bars, and restaurants (in-n-out burger!!) within walking distance.

Enjoyed the rooms. They are nice with lots of storage. Also had refrigerator and microwave. Window in the room opened too so could get some fresh air.

Instead of continental breakfast they give you coupons to redeem for breakfast at their cafe. You have around 7 meals to choose from. The one I got wasn't very good, but my friends' enjoyed their food. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing.

This is a nice hotel, and I would return if in the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
mlkgm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Our close proximity to the Allen Event Center and all the activities that go on makes it very convenient to park your car and walk to several things. Our Bistro is a fast service restaurant. We offer stay for breakfast packages that include a hot prepared meal upon ordering. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your option as there are several to choose from. The variety helps in providing choices to meet all options from healthy to quick grab and go or a typical breakfast entree. We look forward to having you stay in our hotel again when attending a future event at the Allen Event Center or visiting the Allen area.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Staff is nice, rooms are good. cafe is open for breakfast and dinner (and serves Starbucks). Several good places to eat and shop just outside the door in easy walking distance (aka across the driveway). Parking is free. As a business traveler I appreciate the quick service at the front desk and cafe. Location is great

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your helpful review. We are excited to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to assisting you again when returning to the Allen area.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week last year and had a very nice experience. Everything worked as expected. The room was extremely clean and tidy and decoration was a plus.

The hotel has a very comfortable lobby with big spaces. It is also located inside a kind of shopping center called The Village at Allen where you can find plenty of shops.

In one week I will travel again to Allen and I will stay at the same hotel for 10 days, with my wife and children. I hope I can enjoy other services I didn't have the time to use last time, like the pool

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
We appreciate you writing a review of your stay at our hotel. With the hotel being set in the middle of The Village at Allen we are surrounded by eating establishments, retail and entertainment. It is exciting to hear that you are returning with your wife and children. Not only will they get to enjoy the pool and amenities in the hotel but also make sure to take them to The Grove within walking distance of the hotel. It has a Texas shaped hedge maze, children's playhouses and a pavilion with a firepit.

We look forward to your return!

Courtyard by Marriott - Allen, TX
Saginaw, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was by far the best Courtyard I've ever stayed at. Staff was friendly when we arrived around 1:00 am after many flight delays. They were accommodating on room changes needed. Hotel is beautiful and in a nice location close to the expressway, shopping and restaurants. Not one complaint can be made by me!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CYALLENGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review! It is greatly appreciated. Traveling is difficult, especially when dealing with flight delays. I'm glad that upon your arrival we were able to accommodate you while visiting the area. I look forward to meeting you the next time while taking advantage of all the shopping and events that surround our hotel.

Courtyard by Marriott Dallas/Allen

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center

Address: 210 East Stacy Road, Allen, TX 75002
Location: United States > Texas > Allen
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
#4 Business Hotel in Allen
#5 Family Hotel in Allen
#6 Romantic Hotel in Allen
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center 3*
The new Courtyard by Marriott Dallas/Allen at the John Q Hammons Center is conveniently located at the intersection of Hwy 75 and Stacy Road in The Village at Allen. The hotel includes 228 guest rooms and suites with over 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. This north Dallas hotel features our new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Located in The Village at Allen there are several dining, shopping, and entertainment options steps away. The Allen Events Center is located next door and home to the Allen Americans Central Hockey League team. Companies within a short distance include: Raytheon, Jack Henry & Associates, State Farm, PFS Web, Frontier and Experian. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Dallas Allen At The John q Hammons Hotel Allen

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.