We stayed here in Jan and the property was clean, staff nice, no complaints on the room, cleanliness, property maintainence or safety. All were excellent and very high when compared to other LQ properties.
Only issue is breakfast. Same issue another guest wrote about except we experienced it! While it also was one of the nicer ones as it had typical LQ offereings PLUS eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, we got there about 850A.....that was a mistake. We asked for orange juice and begrudingly the server....a/k/a "Breakfast Guard"...got 2 glasses for us. Then as we started to serve ourselves, she began picking up the food. I looked at my watch, it was 853A, a full 7 mins to go. We got our breakfast and sat, my wife went up to get a knife and was told there are no more knives. We ate and saw others turned away as well, all before 9A. We had just finished when the Guard came out with a handful of knives and put them in the container for next day's breakfast. She then picked up the coffee and stayed in her kitchen area. Most LQ's have coffee out all the time, but not her! The trays of food she took to the kitchen were still relatively full so wouldn't it be better to let that out a little while longer rather than waste the food?
Other than this, the property is good. We checked out and went to the McKinney LQ property..see my write up there...also as nice a property.
Doubt we'll stay here again as the server was not friendly or helpful at all. While the property is nice, I find being told there are no more knives and not giving a guest a plastic knife when having breakfast only later to see her bring out a handful of them is rude and not the way to treat guests. If you plan on eating breakfast...down there, serve yourself and be finished before 830A..... you'll be in great shape. Otherwise, don't be shocked if you have to substitue forks and knives for spoons and stirrers...or maybe even fingers! Beware of the Breakfast Guard!
See the contrast on service...read the review for the McKinney LQ.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen Hotel
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Allen
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen Hotel Allen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We now have a complimentary shuttle that will transfer guest to different companies, shopping , etc within a certain mile radius of the hotel.Welcome to the La Quinta Inn and Suites at the Village - a unique and exciting hotel - conveniently located on Hwy 75 Central Expressway at exit 36. Let your friends know you are staying an Allen hotel awarded the distinction of "Best New Construction" for 2009!We're adjacent to the dining and shopping destination of The Village at Allen and The Village at Fairview, as well as, Allen Premium Outlets, and Allen Special Events C...see moreenter.If sports is your thing, sleep late because you are just minutes from the Ballfields at Craig Ranch, Russell Creek, High Point Park, and all the popular sports venues. We are also close to Allen Presbyterian Hospital, so you can be close to your love ones or see that special doctor. Forgot something? We're right next door to Super Walmart and Super Target! At La Quinta Inn and Suites at the Village, we know you are a winner - and so are we!Need to have a quick meeting? We can set you up in our meeting facilities that seat up to 35. No need to worry about printing off that boarding pass, checking you email, sending/receiving your faxes because our 24 hour business center can keep you in the mix. Our fitness center is sure to get your the juices flowing, while the seasonal (open Mar - Oct) outdoor pool and spa can melt the day away. Relax in our luxurious designer rooms, and you'll understand why more business and leisure travelers are choosing La Quinta Inn and Suites at the Village, where free high speed Internet (wired & wireless) access, microwaves, refrigerators, convenient work desks, and more, come standard in every room and every suite. Enjoy our Free Bright Side BreakfastTM, then head off for a winning day at nearby Jack Henry, Raytheon, Texas Instruments, Cutter Aviation, Finisar, Andrews Distributing, FSI, Micron, Encore Wire, AT&T, Cisco,and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.