“Oasis in the oil patch” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Alice
New Braunfels,TX, United States
“Oasis in the oil patch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have stayed at this location a number of times and enjoy being greeted by Michelle and the rooms are tasteful and unexpectedly nice for the area, amenities are very good. Had a problem with not being able to get HBO on the television, but for some reason that has been the case at the last three BW locations that I have been to in South Texas; El Campo, Alice, and Sinton. That has been my only complaint in the last 24 stays at BW's.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This motel is a little ways from the restaurants and shopping areas, not that Alice has any real shopping to start with. The staff is courteous, the rooms are clean, and breakfast is better than the other three motels I have stayed in here in Alice. They did let me bring my dog even though there is a no pet sign in the office. Housekeeping is excellent!! All motels in the area are pricey due to oil and gas work, but they worked with me on lowering the price as I will be needing multiple rooms until May 2014. Cell phone service and internet are good here as opposed to La Quinta where I had no cell service or internet in my room. The only complaint I have is that there is no security, so if someone is loud in the room next to you at 11 pm, or if someone is sitting in their car blasting music at 10 pm, the office will not help. They also have smoking rooms which is almost unheard of these days. Overall, this Best Western is the best kept secret in Alice.

Room Tip: All rooms are located on one floor centered around a central parking area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a good one night stay: large clean room, friendly staff, and a bonus was that there was no valet...this was more like a motel. I would definitely stay here again, although I don't really know why I would stay here again as Alice wasn't exactly touristy, this is a stay here for business only town or a road trip stopover (in my humble opinion). One top tip is remember to read the sign in reception on how to operate the shower...you'll need a first class engineering degree to figure it out otherwise!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few weeks for work and overall it was a good stay. Not sure how I would characterize overall value as 1) I didnt have to pay for it & 2) lodging in oilfield towns is kind of expensive. I expect that the price of this hotel is above whay you may expect for the same type of place in another location but demand is pretty high so they can charge a little more. My general thoughts:

Good things:
The room had a nice neutral smell - not smokey or overly deoderized
AC ran good. Important in TX
Clean rooms - no bugs in corners, well kept, etc
Good water pressure and good shower head
Quiet motel
No road noise
Kind staff (Michelle)
Plenty of open outlets - this is rarer than you may expect
Good quality towels
Decent shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.
blinds good but dont block all tghe light
New appliances
Upto date furniture
Very fast internet (free)
Beds were firm but I wouldnt call them stiff (some may though)
Great, relatively new sheets

Not so good things:
H20 was warm and had aquarium like smell (may be the whole city for all I know)
small and somewhat limp pillows (there were 5 though)

The breakfast was: omlette, bacon, sausage, eggs, burritos, biscuits/toast/etc, 2 kinds of cereal, rolls/donuts, milk (whole), cranberry/apple/orange, yougurt, banannas/apples, waffle maker
The rooms had microwave, fridge,flatscreen, coffee maker, hair dryer, alarm clock

Since we were keeping unusual hours, the manager make it a point to have the breakfast there for us.

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed only one night they don't allow pets and service was only ok. The room was clean and nice the parking was really good and well lit. I think it is over priced due to demand. I left out to early for coffee or breakfast and had to check out thru tiny outside window which I did not like at all its kinda on a dark part of road. Nothing to bad just ok. But for price should be wonderful, just my opinion.

• Stayed August 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2005

This was an okay place to stay in Alice...we were grateful to find a decent hotel in this small town in the middle of nowhere. Good points: excellent night's sleep on a comfortable bed...must've been one of those foam ones because it didn't move when one of us got up. A quiet hotel and seemed fairly new and clean. Exceptions/not so good: the coffee pot was really yucky. Not even my Lysol wipes could help it, so we didn't fix coffee in our room. Also the shower head really needs to be replaced. All in all, a decent place to get a good night's sleep.

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!