“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Alice

You added Holiday Inn Express Alice to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Alice
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2965 East Main Street, Intersection of Highway 44 & Highway 128, Alice, TX 78332   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Alice
Harlingen, Texas
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Even though we only stayed for one night, we had very enjoyable stay. The only "problem" we had was figuring out the shower.
The breakfast was good, we always get a kick out of the automatic pancake maker.
They overall stay was great it's a quite a way from the main route 281, but worth the effort.
A good value for the money.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alice, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank uou for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear about your great experience with your stay with us. And yes, our showers are a little tricky to open, and my frontdesk team would have been more than happy to walk you to run the shower. And , our pancake machine are everyones favorite and i am glad you enjoed it too. Looking forward to have all back again to enjoy the stays with us. Thankyou for sharing your experience.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went to family get together and spent the night at the Holiday Inn. Very nice. Highly recommend. Very good breakfast. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Wi-Fii was a little weak in the rooms. Good location

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

No problems other than ants on bottom floor.But overall wonderful ! Would come back again and again. Great staff, great rates, clean towels, bath and body works shampoo and conditioner, refrigerator and microwaves new and nice.

• Stayed August 2013
Michelle C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alice, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for giving our hotel a great review on TripAdvisor!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I've confirmed with Management that the ant problem had been reported and our pest control services eliminated the problem. I sincerely apologize that your otherwise great experience was interrupted by natures attempted encroachment!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The HIE in Alice is a nice hotel for the area. My room was clean and the front desk staff was nice.
BUT...
My experience was a bit unusual; however I think overall I would consider staying at this hotel again. While I was checking in, a group of what most folks would think are a few intoxicated "less than desirable guests" came in and paid in cash for one room (while fighting about the cost and damage deposit)...They left their 20 other buddies drinking in the in the parking lot while checking in, but I hoped management would have thought something was up with them only getting one room. 8 hours later, at 2 in the morning, their kids were still playing and screaming in the pool while the adults were partying away the night and breaking bottles in the parking lot. I called twice to the front desk and finally checked out the next day once I found another place to stay.

Bad experience for me, but still overall a decent hotel in the small town of Alice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alice, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear brando09,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and our front desk staff friendly. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the issues you have encountered from other guest. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My job requires heavy traveling and for this small town these ladies sure know how to welcome and treat their guests. I usually don't write reviews but because of my experience here and spending weeks at a time here I can honestly say I have NEVER had bad customer care.
Thank you for all of your hard work ladies!
Jennifer

• Stayed July 2013
How thoughtful of you to take your good time to review our hotel so positively to the TripAdvisor community. Truly thank you. I'll be forwarding your wonderful comments to the rest of the staff, it's unbelievable how much of an impact great guest reviews have on our collective ability to stay "over the top"! Hurry back now, we can't wait to spoil you a bit more!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

My family decided to go to Corpus Christi last minute. We tried to book a room all over but were not successful. The closest Holiday Inn we could find a room in was Alice, TX. The staff greeted us as soon as we arrived. The room we booked through Trip Advisor was unavailable, it had been booked for the whole week. So she upgraded the room at no extra cost...be advised though if you book on line they do not have to do this. We are so thrilled we stayed here! I love the room we did get :) The breakfast was good, not over crowed. The whole establishment as far as I have seen is very clean.

• Stayed August 2012
Then it must have been kismet, fate, the secret, whatever you wanna call it!

Whatever you DO call it, I'm so grateful you ended up at our hotel and tickled you had such a positive experience. If a booked room is not available it is the first rule of great hoteliers to offer the guest a substitution that is superior to what the guest originally booked. I am not sure why your booked room type wasn't available I'll have to do a little investigation on that but sounds like it worked out to everyone's advantage this time! I'll be sure and share your comments with the staff and celebrate them for making decisions in line with our vision of how a hotel aught to be run.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms. Every staff member very friendly, warm welcome & greeting throughout visit.

• Stayed April 2012
Short sweet and to the point! I love the area's you identify as being a positive impact for you. Those two categories are for me big deciding factors on whether or not I will return to a hotel. Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience, it's very kind of you, and very much appreciated!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Alice? Share your experiences!