“Great Stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Alice

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Alice to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Alice
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2965 East Main Street, Intersection of Highway 44 & Highway 128, Alice, TX 78332   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Alice
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks while looking for a place to live. The hotel was very clean even with the "oilfield workers" trapsing in and out with mud on their boots. The staff was very friendly, helpful, kind and professional. The breakfast buffet was delicious, the rooms were clean, the washer and dryer worked well too. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Michelle C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alice, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We really appreciate that you chose our hotel to stay at while getting settled in and that you enjoyed our facilities, specially since we're neighbors now! Oh, and thanks so much for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor! I know it can be a bit of a hassle and I'm extra grateful when our guests take the time to let us know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved. It definitely makes navigating the seas of running a business less choppy when people are willing to share with us.

Thanks for that!

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Traveling to Alice, Texas recently offered me a chance to stay locally. While there were several choices, a friend suggested I stay here based on reasonable rates and location. There were two other choices nearby but I opted to take his recommendation.

To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. From the moment I walked in the door I felt as though I had been there many times before. The front desk staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Alice is not a large community and on a Sunday evening late I was concerned about finding a place to dine. They were able to suggest several local places depending on my tastes.

My room was spacious, very clean and everything worked. I noted that a previous review said there were problems with the air-conditioners and noise. I found no problem at all.

Breakfast was very enjoyable. There was something for everyone from blueberry pancakes to muffins to eggs and bacon. And more important, there was plenty to go around. The young lady servicing the buffet was attentive and quick to replenish items as they were taken.

If you are in this area for any reason, I highly recommend this location over the competition. I'm not a regular Holiday Inn person but this one gets high marks!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
What a great review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. I am so glad our hotel was able to meet all of your needs and in a way that left you feeling valued and appreciated. There is a reason hotels call their clients guests and not customers. I'm so proud our team communicated that subtle but impactful difference to you directly during your stay. Thanks so much for sharing, we'll be celebrating this review as a team!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Since Alica, TX sports 3 hotels (I believe), there isn't much choice. Unfortunately, Holiday Inn Express must know that, too.

Here are the good things:
Free internet, and the speed is reasonable. The rooms are fairly large and have a microwave and small fridge. The beds are reasonably comfortable. The breakfasts are free - just like all Holiday Inn Expresses - and the pancake maker is GREAT! The staff is usually very pleasant.

Here are the not-so-good things:
The hotel smells like old cigarettes, even in non-smoking rooms. The carpets, blankets, chairs, tables, faucets, etc. seem to be older than my mother. The pool activity seems to really ramp up after 11pm (this was on three different business trips, consistently) and the staff seems not to notice. Very limited parking. All this for $150+ per night - a price that is not worth what you get......except for the "you don't have much choice" piece.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Oh dear, I am so sorry you left with this impression of our hotel. I know how frustrating it is to feel like your choices are limited and you have to settle on a product or service that is inferior to your basic expectations. These items have long since been noted and resolved.. though again I am inclined to apologize for not having a designated person to respond to our reviews back in 2011 when this review was first posted.

However, I can assure you all points brought up will be reviewed again with our team to ensure we have taken all the necessary steps to eliminate these annoyances for our guests. I can assure you we do not rest lightly on service knowing choice in the area is limited. It is our commitment to run a quality hotel who's guest experience rivals that of much larger hotels in more popular destination areas. There are no small hotels, only small hoteliers. I sincerely regret that you left our hotel with this impression. It is certainly not what we are committed to as a team or a business. You've done us a great favor bringing up these issues, I really couldn't ask for more, but if you would be so gracious as to give us a second chance I promise the current team we have put together here will surely not disappoint!

Again thanks for sharing your experience with us and the community, and for giving us the opportunity to address these items from the clear perspective of how it impacts our guests stay experience. It is very genuinely appreciated!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

Great stay! very up to date, great pool and hot tub area and a workout room on every floor! Love it.... Alice itself, not so much not much to do there. We were there on buisiness. However it is a little more than an hour from Chorpus Christie wich is wonderful... anyway loved the hotel:)

• Liked — workout rooms on every floor and pool area.
  • Disliked — liked it all.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
And we loved having you! Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for reviewing our hotel!!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

My family stayed at this hotel during 1 night in June and the accomodations were very nice for a Holiday Inn. The hotel looks new and the rooms were spacious with a mini cooking area and dining area as well as a pull out sofa bed. The extra space was nice to have since we were traveling with young children. Very Clean and the staff was very friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006
Thanks for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! If you think we were a great Holiday Inn in 2006 you're gunna love us now with all the brand upgrades that have occurred!

My sincere gratitude for sharing your thoughts. It's very much appreciated!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Alice? Share your experiences!