“Comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alice
A TripAdvisor Member
“Comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The staff was great and very professional. Plus, the rooms were very clean and spacious. We traveled with small children and the rooms were quiet and large enough to let them move around safely. I also was able to use the fitness room and it served my needs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I Have stayed at this hotel multiple times. Rooms are always clean, and staff is always helpful. Makes being away from home for work more bearable. The beds are comfortable, and if rooms are available, late check in is not a problem. Got breakfast is also a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Alice, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Average nice clean hotel. Got great value on weekend rate compared to surounding hotels. Hotel conservative on energy, lobby air not on, (musty smell), room air not on upon arrival (maybe all are like this?) Nice clean room & bath.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Decided to go to Alice for the weekend to visit my wife's family. This was not our first stay in La Quinta of Alice, so due to the consistently good service I decided to leave this review. The staff is very inviting and go to lengths to provide a high quality of service. Simply put, the room is always clean at the beginning of our stay and when we return in the evenings, even after my kids have had a go at it. The breakfast always presents a filling variety and the prepared eggs come out as ordered. If you're going to Alice do not think twice, the La Quinta will treat you right.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The maids and most of the staff were terrific..The room was clean. That's where the positive part pretty much ends. The bed was very uncomfortable and I barely slept. I got mini naps here and there throughout the night and that was it. If I had to guess, the mattress is an old. cheap Serta. The springs were noisy and creaking and obviously this room needed a new mattress. The breakfast was pretty bad overall. The waffles were inedible. I threw mine away. The biscuit and gravy looked pretty nasty. I did not try the scrambled egg. They did have bagels and a couple of small muffins out which I did not try. They seemed to be a little stingy with the butter - putting only small amounts of carry out butter out at a time. The coffee and sausage were probably the only 2 good things for bfast I had. The pool was closed and they has signs up saying "please excuse our dust for remodeling." Though I saw no evidence of a remodel. When I first arrived, there was no remote for the TV in the room. The TV is very old and generic and often does not get good reception. TV channels seem more limited compared to other hotels in the area in the same price range. I did not try the free wifi since there were so many complaints that the wifi did not work in the rooms. I heard several long term patrons in the breakfast area complaining about their TV's and wifi (lack thereof) and the price of the room all considered...

I would not stay here again unless they changed the mattresses, updated with new TV's and more channels, get an actual wifi signal in the room..get a better quality breakfast and stop skimping on the little things @ breakfast. Finally, the lady refreshing the bfast foods was very very pleasant..Not her fault management wants to skimp. I left a good tip for my maid service as well since they did a great job and always had a smile for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway and on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Dogs are usually all put on 1st fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was in Alice for business and stayed at this location. Overall I enjoyed my experience. The staff was friendly and my room was clean. I had no problems and would definitely stay there again. If you are planning on staying in Alice, I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
lq6252gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Alice, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank You for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality. Please come back and stay with us.We are raising our standards bar and will continue to be number ONE on trip advisors in Alice. Happy Holidays!
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The rooms were fine, however there was no cell phone service or internet in the room. I had to find an ethernet cord to get online, and even then the speed would not not let me access Netflix.
I had to go outside to use my cell phone. I stayed here for a month and for the price, this was unacceptable as much of my work relies on cell and internet.

Room Tip: Get a room close to an entrance so you can get outside to use your cell phone.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
James M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Alice, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello, Sorry to note that you did not like certain things.The new management just took over 15 days ago. We are revamping the whole operation to make your stay more enjoyable. Please bear with us. Thanks.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Alice? Share your experiences!