“Amazing Chicken Fried Steak” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Albany
Abilene, Texas
“Amazing Chicken Fried Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I am still amazed by the quality of this Chicken Fried Steak. It was amazing! Best I've ever had. At for just $10. We were welcomed by the owner's wife, served while we waited at the bar by the owner's daughter and waited on by the owner himself. We waited a little over an hour on Valentine's Day in the evening. It was worth it. I got the Long Island Ice Tea while I waited. It came in a large 32oz Mason Jar. It cost about 15 before tip, but was more than enough for the entire evening. Very good. You must go!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good food - bad service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Great food - steaks are outstanding, but the service is terrible. Had to wait 45 minutes in a smoke filled bar for a table with small children. Although the smoke was thick, It wasn't a big deal until I found out they skipped our group of four. We finally had to ask why we had not been seated. It then took more than an hour to get our food and we started to notice the entire restaurant had turned over while we were waiting. Come to find out they lost our order. Very disappointed the manager in the booth didn't offer anything to make the situation better. Great food but the service and smoking are good reasons not to go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grayson, Kentucky
“A good surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in twice for business dinners, and they took very good care of us both times. The filet was wonderful as was everyone's, perfectly done for everyone of us and there were 10 of us and thats hard to do. Thursday night all you can eat shrimp boiled or fried was good too. My only gripe was I like a better salad. I am taking my crew back as thats where everyone wants to go. Nuff said

• Visited June 2013