“Very nice and cheap hotel” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alamo at East McAllen
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   909 East Frontage Rd, Alamo, TX 78516   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alamo
Monterrey, Mexico
“Very nice and cheap hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really nice hotel between McAllen and the Rio Grande Valley Outlets.

Recently renovated, rooms are pretty comfortable and roomy. Beds are the BEST! Standing ovation to La Quinta Inn for putting memory foam mattresses, it was the best sleep I had in a while, I'm getting a memory foam mattress myself!

Staff were very friendly and helpful, always available for anything.

I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Central to the Valley, right off Interstate 2, near the outlet mall. Great indoor pool and the breakfast is awesome with homemade egg dishes! Beds are super comfortable and the maid service is outstanding. Has a elevator that will take in the whole family. Great hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Anna, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I arrived late late again.... the staff on duty, patty, was very cheerful and extremely helpful with every question I had. The room was large and comfortable. Everything was great, I would highly recommend this property to anyone staying in this area.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times and I really like their rates and my only complaint was that the rooms were a little run down. But... last week I was there and I have to admit that they did a wonderful job renovating their hotel rooms and everything else such as the breakfast bar and lobby. The beds are great and I like their little living rooms, their comfy enough for my son to sleep there. Their rooms are always clean and I love their breakfast. They have a breakfast bar attendant making omelettes which this is the only la quinta that does this, so I really like this new change. Their staff is always very courteous and professional. Definitely worth staying here as it is close to pretty much everything. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I like their 2 queen suites because of the living room area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Israel L, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Alamo at East McAllen, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello d_crystal_,

Thanks for your excellent review, we are glad you saw more good reasons to come back and visit us. Thank you for pointing out our renovations and that the hard work my staff has done since your last stay, has really paid off. They will be very happy to read your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Salado, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great beds, great breakfast, great service! Our third time to stay and we will definitely come back again. I highly recommend this hotel and will return again each year when our business brings us to the Rio Grande Valley!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Hi Cr P,

Thanks for taking your time to leave us this great review! We hope to see you again for a fourth time! We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

the la quinta inn and suites has always been one of our favorite places to stay as it is affordable ,clean and pet friendly..On our last trip to the "Alamo /Mcallen " area we noticed that this particular la quinta looked fairly new..we booked a suite as we had our yorkie with us and we didn't want to disturb the other guests if he barked..our room was excellent with a separate bedroom door that is away from the livingroom,we were impressed with front desk hospitality and the breakfast that was served and an added bonus to all this is that it is right down the street from the outlet mall! what more could you ask for?...

Room Tip: if your looking for privacy ask for a room at the end of the hall away from the exit stairs...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Howdy TexasBailey,

Thank you so much for the fantastic comments. We are all about creating authentic experiences and I’m so happy you took a chance on us and allowed us to exceed your expectations. We hope to see y'all back here again soon!

Thanks again,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Everything was great, good breakfast, comfortable beds, clean rooms. My online reservation was somehow messed up and luckily I had a picture of my reservation with confirmation number. I showed it to Sandra at the front desk and she corrected it. She was very nice about the whole situation. I would definitely recommend others to stay here. I know I will be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm glad Sandra was there to save the day, I'm sure she will be very happy to read your kind words. We will see you soon!

Best regards,

Israel Lozoya

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Alamo at East McAllen? Share your experiences!