“Average Hotel - Okay for the right price - Nice Pool” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Addison
Houston, Texas
“Average Hotel - Okay for the right price - Nice Pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I stayed at this location for one night on a business trip, staying here over my normal choice as I needed to top off my Priority Club account.

The location was easily found by our GPS and the hotel is in a quiet area with free parking.

There is a large nicely decorated lobby. Also on the first floor is the restaurant and a bar. There is also a nice business center (free) with 5 or 6 computers and a printer. The hotel has a very nice pool and hot tub area on the second floor as well as two exercise rooms, one for weights and one for aerobic equipment. The aerobic equipment does not have individual TV's but the room is otherwise well equipped.

The one thing I can really say about this hotel, it is the most spread out hotel of any hotel I have stayed in outside Vegas. The hotel is set up as a series of 6 (I think) buildings around the central pool area. (All indoor corridors.) It took me something like 10 minutes to walk to my room and the hallways can be rather confusing. A bit too stretched out for my taste....be sure to ask for a close room! Walking to the room, the carpet in the halls is rather dirty but the rooms seemed clean.

While I was in the hotel they lacked any WI-FI service, and the wired service did not work. I said I would not be not staying here again due to that, but while working in the business center I was talking with a tech who was working on the WI-FI rework and he said that all rooms will have WI-FI by the end of the week and it was a top level upgrade. . There is a charge for WI-FI, but I am unsure what it is as it was not yet available.

The rooms have old style 27" CRT TV's...time to update those. There is a work desk in the room and the climate control works well and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning. There was no discernable noise from nearby rooms. I can not comment on the size of the rooms as they upgraded me to a suite and provided executive lounge access. Even in the suite, the bathroom was incredibly outdated, had a very low shower head, mold in the tile, and was VERY small. In a brief look in the regular rooms, they appear to be small.

I did have full breakfast in the main restaurant. I am unsure what the price was, as it was part of our corporate rate but the food was very good. All things said there are better options in the area, but this is not a bad second choice.

There are many dining options in the area and some may be within a moderate walking distance.

For the right price this is not a bad choice but I would only at a slightly lower price versus the area competitors.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

i actually just went for a wedding.
very nice hotel.
banquete staff VERY NICE!!! . . .
front desk need to work on CUSTUMER SERVICE skills,
there were some stuff i needed for my toddler . . . i ask the front desk if they had any napkins/ and lotion automatecly they said "NO" and there was a cvs walking distance. . . seriouly?
. i stayed in alot of hotels due to bussines, and they ALWAYS have extra of EVERYTHING. and thats not even the point. ok fine i totally understand if you really dont have any, just the fact that he didnt even bother checking was just dissapointed!!!
what was it. . . ? did he notice that i was there for a wedding? and not an actual guest (staying in a room)
he looked like management.(indian maybe). . . if i been treated like that by management , will never even think of staying at your hotel

give banquet staff a "10"

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Stayed at this property for two nights with my family (wife, 4 and 7 Year old) simply for a place to sleep. We didn't spend much time at the hotel except for sleeping. Got the hotel for 42 dollars a night via Priceline win (65 with taxes). Hotel is in a business district but very close to shopping, and plenty of eating establishments. This is an old school hotel. Free parking but 9.95 for internet service.
Check in was efficient but received no offer of assistance with bags and used the self service luggage carts. Was assigned a room with two beds on the second floor. It's a pretty long haul to the rooms so be ready. Asked if we could get another room for the same price as the hotel was "empty" but was told that since we had a priceline room they could not give us that price, but could have another for 169 a night. No thanks-pretty poor business model if you ask me. Your hotel is empty and you get more money if you sell a second room...but not willing to..oh well.
The room was very small, and the bathroom even smaller-but, you get what you pay for. Pretty sure it was the Priceline special. The room has a below window heater, AC, Fan with a wall control that worked very well. That provided good white noise and helped us all sleep well. Without the fan on, the rooms are not very sound proof.
We checked in on a Sunday and out on a Tuesday...The folks at Check out seemed much more personable than the weekend crew...They actually appeared to enjoy their job, as opposed to the two folks that checked us in (again, maybe it was because of the Priceline thing)....I've seen the Priceline thing not impact anything and I've seen it appear to impact everything...this was somewhere in the middle.
The property has a large conference center and I'm sure that is what keeps this place going. There is restaurant and small gift shop on site, and complimentary USA today that you can pick up at the front desk. Saw flight crew leaving on Tuesday when we checked out, so this must be a property used by flight crews pretty often.

Hotel has an outdoor pool and hot tub that we did not use. It was as dirty as I had ever seen a hotel pool. Granted it was windy and raining while we were there and there are tree's all around the pool, but it was filthy. Even my kids wanted nothing to do with it. They have a small cardio room in the main hotel and a small weight room area in the pool area. (weird set up).

All in all this was worth the Priceline dollars we spent, but I would never pay rack rate for this property No way. Service was "just ok", with exception to the incredibly happy gal that checked us out on Tuesday. If you get this on a priceline win good for you!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I have been to many conference hotels, but this one had a really winning combination of friendly, efficient service, very nice and comfortable rooms, and quite unusually good food. I have never had better conference food or experienced better care at a conference.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel last week and I was very much impressed and satisfied with my stay. The front stay was very helpful and friendly. Dee was extraordinary. She went out of the way to make sure my stay was pleasant. I wish I could run into someone like her in every hotel I check into. She should do a workshop on customer service and invite others. TJ and KJ were also pleasant. Everything was like "no problem". The food in the dining area was very good. My only dissatisfaction was the heating/air conditioning unit. That thing would not shut up. It was too loud and stayed on the entire time. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

hotel is in a great location. easy access to galleria, Addison restaurants and bars, and 635. rooms are nice and comfortable. staff is very attentive and professional. however hotel did not have bottle water in room and when we called room service they mentioned they did not have any in the entire hotel. breakfast was very average. on previous stays this hotel has always had a very good selection of breakfast pastries and breads however on this stay the quality had digressed. the eggs were runny and fruit was not fresh.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
east coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

The first complaint is the air conditioning unit in the room. It is VERY loud. It makes a cha-chunk noise everytime it goes on and off. so the first night I had to listen to cha-chunk all night long. The second night I slept with it off and was sweating by the time I woke up but at least it was quiet.

The second complaint is that I always work out when I travel. The exercise room is in a seperate building near the pool. You have to walk outside to get to it. Unfortunately, there were serious thunderstorms the evening and morning I was there. So I couldn't exercise. I don't understand why in a hotel of this size they would put it out there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison? Share your experiences!