“Hats off to ChefJames and Hendley K” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Galleria Shopping
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Addison
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hats off to ChefJames and Hendley K”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staying at the Crowne Plaza and enjoying the awesome and delicious variety of food that has been offered here! The weather has been unseasonably cold, so was pleased to have a great selection of tasty soups and good ol' Texas chili to warm my chilly bones. Always look forward to mealtimes, as the array of delectable goodies changes daily. The rooms are clean and comfortable, The staff ahs been pleasant, and the bonus has been the delicious food offered here!! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

For those who follow my reviews from time to time, I've had the fortune / misfortune of staying in everything from 1 star dives all the way up through 5 star lavish hotels. This grants me enough insight and appreciation to see genuine quality when it comes across my path.

There is a vast difference when someone renders amazing service because it is EXPECTED of them at places like Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, etc.- and someone who parallels and even surpasses that level of quality purely because they WANT to. In the days of the 'status quo', far too many people merely punch the time card and do the minimum to get paid and survive. Not enough people expend the effort to make someone else's day easier; to exceed that status quo.

My words no doubt fall on ears that surely have heard this story before, but this is the case with Robert Picone, your front end manager at Crowne Plaza Addison. Was briefly in Dallas, a nervous wreck before a trip to Hong Kong. Your manager had some previous experience there, and took the time to document to me at length some suggestions and necessities. I even lost my car keys in your hotel, and he took the time even as his shift was ending, to track me down and make sure I got them.

The room was spotless clean, the restaurant(MacArthur's) was fairly priced and great! This hotel is a gem across the board but it is the staff(exemplified by Mr. Picone) that really set this place apart. Front desk staff, house cleaners- everyone was amicable. This type of across the board energy is only possible through solid leadership trickling down. This and the Crowne Plaza Times Square have to be two of the nicest I've ever stayed in, and this was five star treatment at a bargain price. You'll have nothing but referrals from me on this place.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in the Crowne Plaza in Addison, Texas for two weeks. The restaurant staff treated us with such kindness and with OUTSTANDING customer service. James Poole and Elizabeth were extraordinarily wonderful. They were so accommodating and helpful. Laurence and Maria did a fabulous job also. Chef James came out of the kitchen many times to make sure we were satisfied. The shuttle driver, Charles Duke, was hilarious and so kind. Overall, we had a great experience with the staff, and the hotel accommodations. It was very refreshing to have an entire group of people provide such optimum customer service. We would recommend this hotel to anyone that stays in the Dallas area. Other hotel chains should take lessons from them on hiring and training staff. Definitely 5 star treatment!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Julie G,

Sounds like we did it right! I am glad to hear that your stay with us during your training was a success and that so many employees made your stay special! Thank you for all your great comments.

We hope to see you again soon!

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So, I declined to review this property the first 2 times I stayed there because I love the Crown Plaza Properties and gave this one the benefit of the doubt but the 3rd time is the charm. Rude counter staff who were uninterested in helping with dinner recommendations. Ran out of TP, which BTW was not replaced during the maid service so at 6am when I woke up there was zero TP. I called asked for housekeeping to bring some up and 45 minutes later had to call back because none was brought and at that time i was told they didn't have anyone available to bring it to me until 7am. Dirty gym and just and an "I don't care attitude from the staff" I mean even the bartender was rude.

With so many wonderful properties in the area I will not stay or let anyone of my 17 outside sales reps stay at this property going forward.

Dear James A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay and the staff was not accommodating. I am so embarrassed to hear that we ran out of TP and will definitely look into this further. I can assure you that we are working to retrain all staff members on customer service.

At your earliest convenience, if you can contact me directly as I would like to get some additional information from you in regards to your stay.

972-246-6372
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this location for two nights while attending a business conference. I have stayed here in the past and was not a fan of this hotel. That being said they have really picked up their game since I stayed here several years ago.IT seems like the hotel has gone through a top to bottom remodel. The location was easily found by my GPS and the hotel is in a quiet area with plenty of free parking.

There is a large nicely decorated lobby on the first floor as well as the restaurant and a bar. The hotel has a very nice pool and hot tub area on the second floor as well as a nice gym.

The one negative thing I can really say about this hotel, it is the most confusing hotel to navigate. The hotel is set up as a series of multiple buildings around the central pool area. (All indoor corridors.) It took me something like 10 minutes to walk to my room and the hallways can be rather confusing, with multiple forks and dead ends. A bit too stretched out for my taste....be sure to ask for a close room! Walking to the room, carpet and walls are very clean.

The wifi was free and plenty fast, even at peak hours.

The rooms appear to have been recently remodeled and were a pleasant surprise. The rooms have nice HDTV's and plenty of plugs in the room to charge devices. There is a nice sized work desk in the room as well as a love seat. The climate control works well and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning. The room included a fridge but no microwave. There was no discernable noise from nearby rooms nor the outside. The room was not huge but was plenty big and was nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and they had great king size pillows on the bed. All in all a great nights sleep.

I did have full breakfast in the main restaurant. I am unsure what the price was, as it was part of our corporate rate but the food was pretty good. The banquet food on the other hand was a bit below average. Not gross, but definitely not great....and the service during the banquet meals was pretty horrible.

There are many dining options in the area and some may be within a moderate walking distance. Definitely get out and explore!

Overall I was happy that this hotel has done such a refresh since my last stay.

Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful front desk staff. Terrance went out of his way to help me feel welcome and cared about. I had to get a toiletry I forgot at 1 a.m. in the morning. Thank you!! Also, nice job by Bob and Robert at the front desk too. Maria at the restaurant gave great service(she accommodated me as I needed to go for a swim and was in a hurry). Great way to spend valentines day while working.
I was here on business but if I were to go to a hotel in Dallas in the future for leisure, I will go here.
Excellent accommodations that made for a pleasant stay.
The pool is worth the visit and a dip.

Dear marykweis,

Thank you for such a great review!!! I am so glad to hear that all of our staff were so accommodating and provided great customer service. I will be happily sharing your comments with them. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Rooms & Accommodation were very nice.. Problem was that i could hear every single footstep of the people in the rooms around us.. Could hear all the traffic outside... It's time to upgrade the insulation may be the windows and maybe the carpet padding

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear KellyFamilyTravel,

Thank you for staying with us and writing about your experience. I am glad that the room was accommodating for you and I do apologize that you were disturbed by the noise outside your room. We do have a quiet zone area that offers a much quieter option, so next time your in the area and staying with us, please ask the front desk for this.

Director of Operations

Been to Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison? Share your experiences!