“Conference Hotel-Poor” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Addison
New York
“Conference Hotel-Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was staying at this hotel as part of a professional conference for 7 weeks to prepare for a medical licensing exam called step1. the hotel does not have high speed internet access on the 3rd and 4th floor and made it not possible for me to access the course material. My room was over a loading dock and extremely loud. Every morning at 630am I woke up to the staff yelling outside my door. My room was not clean when I checked in. The staff is not trained properly. They did not know how to assign room numbers to a key card and i was constantly stuck going up and down the stairs holding heavy materials to get a new key about 3-4x pr day. Had I not made the mistake of prepaying i would have left within the first 48 hours. Many participants at our conference did decide to leave after about 2-3 wks. I had decided to contact the manager, Sherry to see if she could resolve the issue. She was also unprofessional and not properly trained or equipped to do her job. When I asked about switching rooms and explained i needed wifi she called my request "unreasonable" and "forbid" it. Sherry went on to make stereotypical personal attacks against me. It was a horrifying experience which left me shaking. Please keep in mind i have never met her and was simply calling to switch rooms bc my wifi did not work. the wifi issue was never resolved. I informed Sherry I would add a comment on tripadvisor so that anyone considering staying here or having a conference here would think twice. She then threatened me with litigation if i wrote about my experience. Although i doubt she will find a lawyer willing to argue against my first amendment rights I wanted to warn anyone I could about how horrible my experience was.

Room Tip: i would not recommend this hotel to anyone even if it were free
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Attended a conference at this hotel, staying overnight. Conference room and catered food was good. Went to my room late at night, undressed and went to take a shower. Could not turn on water in tub/shower. I did not want to get dressed, repack and go through the hassle of going back downstairs to get another room. Took a spit bath at the lavatory instead. At 5:15am I was awakened by the loud, pounding noise of someone on a treadmill or elliptical machine in the exercise room, which was next to my room. This room, 2141, should not be rented and I question how the shower/tub could be cleaned with no water.When I complained at the front desk when checking out all I got was an I'm sorry and incredulous looks.

Room Tip: Do not take room 2141
Benton, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a last minute day trip to Dallas, so I did Priceline and got it for a great deal. I was a little nervous coming to this hotel due to some other reviews I had read after purchasing the hotel.

Once we got there, the MOD was extremely welcoming and friendly. I tend to find that when I Priceline, Expedia, etc., the Front Desk people are a little less accommodating because you paid a "lower" price for your stay. This was not the case here. We felt welcome from the time we got there until the time we left. The MOD made recommendations for dinner and then volunteer to make reservations for us.

I have high expectations on cleanliness and this one didn't disappoint. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the bed was comfy. Plenty of channels on the TV and close to the Galleria. A win-win!

Would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel with it's excellent location. The staff is friendly in the bar & restaurant, they always remember what I like. My check-in went swiftly & efficiently. The pillows are awesome & the mattress gave me a peaceful night of rest. I recommend it to my family & friends when they come to the area for business or pleasure. Having a shuttle to the Galleria is so much less stress. The people who run this property seem to know what they are doing and keep doing it well each time I stay...love the consistency. I am never disappointed with anything including the hotel food. Thanks much to the folks at the Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is very pleasant.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed here several times during business and I am never leave disappointed. The morning buffet is adequate and the rooms are of good quality. This hotel rooms are of good quality and most importantly the location meets my business needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

the room was clean, the hotel staff was nice
It was a little older design and the rooms weren't super large but they weren't small either
the bottom line for what I paid , I got a great deal in a centrally located area
I would stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i don't dislike this hotel at all but it is kind of set up funny. hard to find your rooms at first. the breakfast in the morning is decent as well. Check out the bar also, the bartenders are nice, friendly and fast.

Room Tip: get a room on the highest floor.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear defazeo f,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about breakfast and the bar.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the building lay-out. We will look into this concern. I assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison? Share your experiences!